Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-25-2019, 12:58 PM   #71
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Siege Jetfire is in stock @ TRU

I really don't get the whole "I paid more" so that makes me better thing going on....

Why is it such an issue with some of you that someone might have gotten a deal on an expensive figure... should they trash it because of it, is the figure less for it?

I've managed to get a G1 Jetfire (missing a few pieces but still much lower than the average price these days) for 30$ last year for example. Heck, I got a mint Orguss for probably 1/3 of what I've seen him go for online... should I junk it?

Come on people, enough with this pissing contest and superiority complex already and let's get back to talking about Siege Jetfire that is the subject of this thread.
imfallenangel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 01:18 PM   #72
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
Why is it such an issue with some of you that someone might have gotten a deal on an expensive figure
It's an issue when said deal is a blatant lie. Wake up. You'd be surprised at the number of collectors who lie about how much they paid.

Last edited by Pascal; 07-25-2019 at 01:21 PM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 01:21 PM   #73
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
... I won't spend more than that on a single figure.
You are in the wrong hobby.

And you will be in a lot of disappointments: all manufacturers are aiming at the low volume, high price, high profit margin model, at least for their premium stuffs like TakaraTomy MPs. Even third parties are, esp. for the cream of te crop ones like FT. Sell it to a few deep pockets collectors who actually will pay top dollars is better than selling to a bunch of folks who wait for clearance sales at a lower price. The collectors world for figures are now aiming at mid 30’s and up crowds with some folks who can pay and don’t mind paying.

And bargain hunting for, at least MP class, collectibles will be a thing of the past when more and more stuffs are offered by crowd funding projects or prepaid preorders - easier for them to plan and be sure to turn a profit.

Yes, you can say you will then stop buying in protest or whatever... you are not their target audiences anymore. The market has changed, you don’t want it there are others who did. If they can maintain a high enough profit margin they only needed to persuade enough to buy.

I have been priced out from a couple of hobbies already... if this is one more so be it.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 01:33 PM   #74
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
I both suspect you're kind of full of it...

And also agree with you on how overpriced some of the stuff has become.
Not likely. This man knows how to shop for deals and has been for awhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
lol
Not sure why you would put that in. There are always deals at shows and other various places. Even oyu would have to remember the Tankor I bought sealed from TRU for a penny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov View Post
Because we know they like to make deals and underprice at toy shows
It happens a bit. Maybe you guys being outside of Ontario get stuck with crappy deals at your shows but the ones in Mississauga have SOME good deals. I bought my Phoenix for $225 when he came out with Reprolabels at TFCon directly from them with everything included. Deals do happen guys just sayin
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 01:50 PM   #75
riderman
Beast Machine

[QUOTE=QuadESL63;791795]You are in the wrong hobby.

Back in the day it was like you come across something at an OK price and you sometimes buy it or wait till the price comes down or on clearance if your lucky to play the waiting game. Now-a-days collecting is very different and sometimes I find it very competitive with some items are very expensive or very limited or even hard to find. I don't always have the time or the money for most items but I did save up for the NEW Siege Jetfire and I hope he will not disappoint. I plan to open him up this weekend and display him in my collection soon. Thank you for comments and happy hunting everyone.
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 05:22 PM   #76
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

[QUOTE=riderman;791798]
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
You are in the wrong hobby.

Back in the day it was like you come across something at an OK price and you sometimes buy it or wait till the price comes down or on clearance if your lucky to play the waiting game. Now-a-days collecting is very different and sometimes I find it very competitive with some items are very expensive or very limited or even hard to find. I don't always have the time or the money for most items but I did save up for the NEW Siege Jetfire and I hope he will not disappoint. I plan to open him up this weekend and display him in my collection soon. Thank you for comments and happy hunting everyone.
The hobby has changed... I have had a couple of hobbies that gone through this stage. Kind of sad but what can you do?

Anyway, enjoy! I received mine a couple of days ago... haven’t really had the chance to play with it but it is a great figure. And the fact that I got it on sales plus RClub discount made it even better!

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 06:00 PM   #77
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
nope, I paid less for phoenix than I did for perfect effect beast gorrira. I bought siege jet fire from amazon and eventually got a price adjustment. I didn't change any of the prices. Nice try though.
How did you get a price adjustment? Amazon is not the type to do that (.com or.ca) so i instead hear people resorting to buying it again and doing a return with their original invoice.

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 07-25-2019 at 06:05 PM.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 06:23 PM   #78
Malakhov
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
How did you get a price adjustment? Amazon is not the type to do that (.com or.ca) so i instead hear people resorting to buying it again and doing a return with their original invoice.
They dont do price matches either. This guy gets special deals and special treatments online, though.
Malakhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 07:35 PM   #79
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov View Post
They dont do price matches either. This guy gets special deals and special treatments online, though.
Back when I bought POTP Predaking off amazon.ca, I bought it one night, and the very next day they did a "Prime Members" sale which would have knocked another ten bucks off the price

I called and got the same "you would have to buy this one and return your original one", however the rep did give a ten dollar credit to put towards the next purchase

Mentally I like to put that ten bucks against the Predaking, even though it technically wasn't a price adjustment
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 07:44 PM   #80
riderman
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Back when I bought POTP Predaking off amazon.ca, I bought it one night, and the very next day they did a "Prime Members" sale which would have knocked another ten bucks off the price

I called and got the same "you would have to buy this one and return your original one", however the rep did give a ten dollar credit to put towards the next purchase

Mentally I like to put that ten bucks against the Predaking, even though it technically wasn't a price adjustment
I had to do the same thing with the Green Light from Amazon. Got the Prime Member and had to cancel and rebuy it again just to get it from $34.99 to $24. At least the Amazon reps are nice and understanding
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote