Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-18-2010, 12:41 AM   #1
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag
Dealer Experiences 2010

I thought a thread of people's experiences with the dealers at this year's TFcon might be a good idea. Did you have a good experience, and exceptional experience, or was the person selling an incompetent douche?
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:54 AM   #2
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one
Re: Dealer Experiences 2010

I had a great time with the dealers this year...well being my first TFCON I have nothing to compare it to besides other toy shows.
No problems with dealers at all and they gave me some great deals , the ones I dealt with were very friendly and professional. unlike some of the guests there like that Sureshot22 guy, what a prick..J/K lol...it was great seeing you again SS, can't wait till I get in that custom class...sounds like a blast. . Based on this TFCON I will be back next year. I got alot of great deals like energon superion maximus complete, no box or instructions for like $20 and found a bunch of devastator maximus limbs for under 5 each with accs now I i have 2 devs.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:15 AM   #3
chroma23
douchebag

the dealers are pretty good attitude-wise

that said, although i am not sure if its because i came in a bit late (arrived at 1130am saturday), but i find the dealer room to be overall a bit lacking compared to previous years, in terms of what dealers offer. i dont know how to say it but i somehow feel that way, and i am sure there are others who may feel the same way (talked to at least one other cybertron.ca member and he agreed with me)... maybe it's a slow period right now for both hasbro and takaratomy or something?

i brought $2000+ cash with me to tfcon, and aside from paying ultramarkus $600 for the pre-arranged victory saber set as well as another trade with cannabisprime....i actually didnt buy much otherwise; i only spent $20 in the dealers room

or maybe because i came in too late (1 hour after the dealer room opened) and all the good stuff have already been hoarded by other people...

and no its not because of the recession or feeling the financial pinch, i brought that cash with me and i was expecting to spend most of it somehow, but didnt happen, dont know why

anyways, felt less intrigued than last year for sure.....all the extra cash goes back to the bank now

or maybe its because fansproject didnt have a booth this year?
________
Ford r-series picture

Last edited by chroma23; 02-27-2011 at 08:11 PM.
chroma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:30 AM   #4
TheLogicalProwl
Beast Machine

This being my first TFCon, I don't have much to compare it too in terms of TF dealers (although I did see some guys that I have dealt with before). However, I have some experience on the flea market circus so I know dealer ethics when I see them.

I thought most people were respectful and the prices were pretty close to each other. I found it hard to get really good deals because people know what they are selling.

However, I did get three McFarlane figures for $5 (the dealer was desperate to get rid of them). And I was able to haggle a better price for every transformer I bought.

Like chroma, I did get there late, but I found in the later hours the dealers were more desperate to unload their stuff (resulting in better deals).

Pity that FansProject weren't there, but I really felt the need to shout at the Impossible Toys people, "Hey, your Arcee toy sucks ass!"
TheLogicalProwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:46 AM   #5
RageD
Energon

Dealer room was Okay, Too much Movie stuff and stuff that is still readily available at my walmart, was overpriced. Found there wasn't a great deal of G1 Stuff available, and some stuff that was, ws crazy overpriced. $275 for a Menasor? $375 for a Predaking......Those are worse than ebay prices. That said I did pick up a Trypticon and Six shot for good deals.
RageD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:16 AM   #6
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

I didn't bother with anyone I had an issue with last year and I had a great time. I purchased some absolutely gorgeous prints from Dan Khanna though in my excitement I forgot to get him to sign them.

I did find it was a more 80's dealer room than just a transformers one. Personally I didn't mind as it offered something for everyone. My wife found herself a She-ra figure she had as a kid (which she bought). As for prices, I did find them a bit high, but with some hunting you could find a better price at another dealer. We also found the layout of the dealer room to be a lot better this year.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:23 AM   #7
damani_d
Generation 2

This was my first Transformers Con and I must say the dealers off the bat were friendly and ready to talk to anyone that had questions...they did their best to cater to everyone...

Secondly I'd like to thank them for bringing back the nostalgic feeling from over 20 years ago, those Gen 1 toys (Optimus Prime with the full cab, the insecticons and even the he-man thing where you put a figure into the pit and slime him with the skull) were amazing...there were even old wrestling toys, he-man and the list goes on...

I have a lot of those toys stuffed in boxes from over a decade ago, haven't been touched since...I should go through it...I wonder who can tell what each one would be worth (primarily the generation 1 transformers)...with that said because I have most of those toys from my youth I didn't end up buying any of the older stuff (except for some dvds) but rather some more up to date transformers toys...

But overall great experience...
damani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:15 AM   #8
RageD
Energon

I was just disappointed with the prices on a lot of the G1 Stuff, even stuff that was broken. There were good deals to be had for sure, but 1 table in particular was very overpriced!

And all that movie stuff........blah......everywhere
RageD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:44 AM   #9
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

This was my first TFcon, and for such a small dealer room they sure had a ton of stuff! I found a lot of great deals too, I probably won't get a better deal then the 60$ Gentei Dark Skyfire anywhere.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:59 AM   #10
questlyfe
is a G1 enthusiast!

Being my first TFCON i was first very happy with the pricing of parking for the amount of time in there.

Now onto the dealer room. I went around the room twice before i started to ask for pricing and what kind of bargains there were to be had on new Gen 1's re-issues and originals. 4 hrs later majority of the dealers weren't ready to bargain on new Gen 1's and this was very disappointing. Overpriced is probably the one word i'd use to describe the dealers but this was my first time so i'm only comparing it to ebay and a few online stores. Another person mentioned that there was a ton of movie crap and i'd agree 100%. Not to mention other 80's toys altogether like G.I.Joe and M.A.S.H ugh. Personally i thought the whole room would be pure transformers but maybe that's just me. Overall though i was happy with the room just wish i could of afforded that pink Acree! Sigh

Anyways, i still managed to find a good bargain 4 hrs into the day and i'm extremely thankful to the fella 5 Gen 1's and i'm happy to say the least and will definitely be making this an annual event to attend!

Shout outs to the Jazz costume guy well done man! and the brown chick dressed in all yellow very sexy!
questlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote