Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #61
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions
Re: Arcade Machines, anyone collect?

And even in an original box, nice! Any idea when the battery was last changed?

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #62
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

It makes me happy see that people are able to collect and enjoy arcade machines. It's been a dream of mine to get at least one cabinet with a couple games, namely Street Fighter Alpha II or X-Men VS Street Fighter, X-Men CotA, Marvel Superheroes.

I almost got me a classic Final Fight machine but it JUST slipped though my finger tips. I may never get a machine but it's the dream and the thrill of the hunt that has been a real blast ever since I was young. But it may be a bit before I can build up some spare cash again since more important things came up this year (vehicle expenses). But it'll happen someday.

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #63
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomGundam View Post
Aaaaaand here's the beginning of another potentially expensive hobby:

Managed to unexpectedly score a CPS-2 B-board for Super Street Fighter II from a local store, along with the A-board as well, at an amazing deal. I have a set of A+B boards coming in the mail for Marvel Super Heroes as well in the coming days.

I've never really been a stickler for having vintage parts inside my arcade gear, but the CPS-2 stuff just looks too cool.

Now to get going and build my Supergun so that I can actually run/test these games.
Awesome dude! I always loved that CPS-2 AVP game... so much better than any of the movies

I will have to bug you on how to make my own supergun... one day
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #64
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
I have a working 1942 table top, a 4-slot Neo Geo stand-up (sadly the monitor needs to be replaced) with a decent assortment of games and a empty Gauntlet cabinet with joysticks that I plan to one day mame-ify. Oh and a Ghouls n Ghosts conversion board that I would love to one day setup in it's own cabinet with all the properly restored labels, etc.
Whoa really? Badass!

faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:13 PM   #65
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkamanraiden View Post
And even in an original box, nice! Any idea when the battery was last changed?
Good question. I have an order for keystone battery holders already, so I'm swapping out the one that's in there ASAP... not taking the risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stapler View Post
It makes me happy see that people are able to collect and enjoy arcade machines. It's been a dream of mine to get at least one cabinet with a couple games, namely Street Fighter Alpha II or X-Men VS Street Fighter, X-Men CotA, Marvel Superheroes.
Nice nice. My "to-get" list is probably SSF2T (sadly, the one I have is not-Turbo), Marvel Super Heroes (already bought, on its way to me), SF Alpha 3, Puzzle Fighter, AvP, and maybe Pocket Fighter and X-Men CotA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
Awesome dude! I always loved that CPS-2 AVP game... so much better than any of the movies

I will have to bug you on how to make my own supergun... one day
Yeah, I'd love to own the AvP game... too bad that one's pretty high on the pricey-list.

As for the Supergun, lemme build my own first, THEN I can give you pointers. Haha.

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #66
underdogg
Generation 1

Quote:

Managed to unexpectedly score a CPS-2 B-board for Super Street Fighter II from a local store, along with the A-board as well, at an amazing deal. I have a set of A+B boards coming in the mail for Marvel Super Heroes as well in the coming days.

I've never really been a stickler for having vintage parts inside my arcade gear, but the CPS-2 stuff just looks too cool.

Now to get going and build my Supergun so that I can actually run/test these games.

Wow thats cool, how much did it cost and can you plug it into a TV easily? How do you hook up joysticks to it? Working on my own cabinet and this looks like something I want to add to it.
underdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #67
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdogg View Post
Wow thats cool, how much did it cost and can you plug it into a TV easily? How do you hook up joysticks to it? Working on my own cabinet and this looks like something I want to add to it.
The A-board (the black one, essentially the "system") usually runs $30-50. The B-board (the "game cartridge") has varying costs depending on the game; the lower-end ones usually go for about $50-75, while the higher-end games (ie, Super Street Fighter II Turbo) can sell for $300-500 depending on condition.

The thing is, it DOESN'T plug into a TV easily at all. Basically, there's a giant slot header in the front of the A-board that has inputs and outputs; you still need to get a video converter, an external power source, and wire up your joysticks appropriately.

The term for this collective "unit" of parts is called a Supergun. If you Google it, it'll be much clearer to you than my explanations.

Custom Double-Detolfs:

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Icepick small gun
Old 11-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #68
Gaetznes
Cassetticon

Quote:

If you discover that it does not work. Don't Fret. There are Resurrection kits out there. I'll try and find a link for you.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #69
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaetznes View Post
If you discover that it does not work. Don't Fret. There are Resurrection kits out there. I'll try and find a link for you.
No worries.
I'm aware that I can get the ROMs Phoenixed and all, just hoping I don't need to go that route.

But I got a makeshift test-rig set up; my setup doesn't provide me with any video, but at least I'm getting the correct audio output, so the game still works.

The interesting thing is that the security bolt on the B-board is still the stock Capcom one, so it presumably hasn't been touched/opened since 1993... gotta change that battery ASAP!

Custom Double-Detolfs:

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Icepick small gun
Old 11-27-2013, 07:45 PM   #70
underdogg
Generation 1

Quote:
The A-board (the black one, essentially the "system") usually runs $30-50. The B-board (the "game cartridge") has varying costs depending on the game; the lower-end ones usually go for about $50-75, while the higher-end games (ie, Super Street Fighter II Turbo) can sell for $300-500 depending on condition.

The thing is, it DOESN'T plug into a TV easily at all. Basically, there's a giant slot header in the front of the A-board that has inputs and outputs; you still need to get a video converter, an external power source, and wire up your joysticks appropriately.

The term for this collective "unit" of parts is called a Supergun. If you Google it, it'll be much clearer to you than my explanations.

Man oh man i thought supergun was some kinda gun game you were going to build with it, silly noob. I did some searching on it, looks pretty intense to get working and cartridges batteries going dead and locking the game when it happens, seems like a lot of things can go wrong. I still want to give it a go, once I finish my sit down cabinet I posted a few pages back I think this will be the next project to go in it, nothing beats the real deal. Thanks for the info.
underdogg is offline   Reply With Quote