Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-09-2007, 12:27 AM   #11
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: ARGH!! Too many Target Exclusives!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2jversion1 View Post
Actually Torontonians can take a 2 hr drive to Buffalo (Niagara Falls Blvd) and there's a Target there as well as a KB toy outlet on Military Road
Thats usually what I do but that Target either has the same stuff I can get in Canada or the KB toys has nothing worthwhile as they are either figures I already have or are the same ones any sane collector avoids (cough King Atlas). At the end you blow your tank of gas without much to show...
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:08 AM   #12
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

I don't even have a car...*hitchhikes there* haha.

Anyone want to consider a Toronto/GTA group trip to the states then? Although it certainly isn't as a convenient trip as our Vancity neighbors to travel down south.
Dark Rage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:55 AM   #13
C_Shewins
Robot Master

Hm...I think most of those exclusives aren't must have, they aren't in the movie. But Walmart's coming up starscream is a must have. I hate what they did with the Starscream. It shouldn't be a walmart exclusive, but to all of us.

Last edited by C_Shewins; 07-09-2007 at 02:59 AM.
C_Shewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:39 AM   #14
Synch
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
Thats usually what I do but that Target either has the same stuff I can get in Canada or the KB toys has nothing worthwhile as they are either figures I already have or are the same ones any sane collector avoids (cough King Atlas). At the end you blow your tank of gas without much to show...
Heyy now !! I liked that one since I've never had that toy before it was great for me :P & whats wrong with it anyways?.. At least with the universe stuff they a ctually tried and we got some decent stuff out of it! Rather than the old basic one slap stick boring color on it :S
Synch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:47 AM   #15
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

King Atlas? That Machine Wars Starscream recolor? Ungh, pretty plain, I plan to sell off my MW Starscream even, nothing special.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:00 AM   #16
darthrage
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_rage View Post
I don't even have a car...*hitchhikes there* haha.

Anyone want to consider a Toronto/GTA group trip to the states then? Although it certainly isn't as a convenient trip as our Vancity neighbors to travel down south.
out of curiousity, what is it like to take a roadtrip from Toronto to the US?

I'm not familiar with the TO geography so my question is what would be your first US location to shop at and at which US city? And how long would it take to drive there?

For us in Vancity, its probably a good half hour drive from the US border to the first shopping location. And if we live in Vancouver, its probably another 30 minutes to the US border. But I remember hitting the first Target/Walmart/TRU in Bellingham in 45 minutes with no wait at the border.

Last edited by darthrage; 07-09-2007 at 04:20 AM.
darthrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:03 AM   #17
Synch
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban-samurai View Post
out of curiousity, what is it like to take a roadtrop from Toronto to the US?

I'm not familiar with the TO geography so my question is what would be your first US location to shop at and at which US city? And how long would it take to drive there?

For us in Vancity, its probably a good half hour drive from the US border. And if we live in Vancouver, its probably another 30 minutes to the US border. But I remember hitting the first Target/Walmart/TRU in Bellingham in 45 minutes with no wait at the border.
I'm in chilliwack so it takes me longer haha you suck!!! I find going to vancouver a long drive in it self :S The only time I drive down to the states is for the eccc
Synch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:03 AM   #18
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

A family member told me it takes like an hour-1.5 hours, depending on traffic and how fast over the limit you go. This is to some of the small towns in New York state, but not Buffalo, like near Niagara on the lake or the local outlet malls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban-samurai View Post
out of curiousity, what is it like to take a roadtrip from Toronto to the US?

For us in Vancity, its probably a good half hour drive from the US border to the first shopping location. And if we live in Vancouver, its probably another 30 minutes to the US border. But I remember hitting the first Target/Walmart/TRU in Bellingham in 45 minutes with no wait at the border.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:25 AM   #19
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master

My area is supposedly getting a Target sometime either this summer or over the holidays. But buy then, It'll probobly be too late.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:44 PM   #20
lars573
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyghtwynd View Post
I just hope Zellers becomes Target. Almost is besides name and exclusives lol
http://www.hbc.com/hbc/default.asp
Take a look at what their retail brands are.
lars573 is offline   Reply With Quote