Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-26-2014, 08:38 AM   #21
Nullray
IGC
Re: Masterpiece MP-01 vs MP-10

If you look at the strict regulations for firearms in Japan and how they advocate non violence then the idea of a to 1:1 scale MP Megatron G1 is not going to happen. Igear flirted with the idea with Horror Monarch but that never came market since it was promoted back in 2011. The question is will Japan allow a replica gun to be mass produced in China then exported globally? Hasbro/Takara have a massive uphill battle and the potential for social responsibility is immense.
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:08 AM   #22
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Gun or Tank you will all buy it
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:20 AM   #23
Jawz. D
That Black Guy

Go for the MP-10. It's easier to transform and doesn't take a day to do it. The truck mode looks a lot nicer too. There should be a newer normal colours reissue soonish. It's just easy money on the table.

Follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/JawzD
Jawz. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:33 AM   #24
agent420
Generation 1
agent420's Ebay Auctions

MP-10 is by far the superior figure, but also the more expensive one.

I have both and tbh MP-01 is very heavy and awkward to pose. It has a lot of diecast pieces and will fall over. MP-01 was first introduced over 10 years ago! Needless to say .... toy tech has greatly improved since then.

side note ... I'd sell u my MP-01 for cheap if you really need it.
agent420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:12 AM   #25
OLDMR
Beast Machine

MP 1 is the only Prime! MP 10 is an imposter
OLDMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:20 AM   #26
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

I know we are talking about MP-01 vs MP-10 here, but since it went off topic into MP Megatron discussion, I'd like to add that an MP G1 Megatron as gun is perfectly legal in Canada and should have no issue being sold in Canada.

Check out RCMP's link to Replica Firears.

To be prohibited as a replica firearm, a device must closely resemble an existing make and model of firearm. If it is an antique firearm, as defined by the Criminal Code and corresponding regulations, it is not prohibited.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police Canadian Firearms Program (CFP) receives many enquiries from people wondering whether an imitation firearm would be considered a replica if it resembles a real firearm in many ways, but is made of clear or brightly coloured plastic, or has significant dimensional differences. Many of these devices need to be assessed on a case-by-case basis. As a general rule, however, devices significantly smaller or larger than the real version are not classified as replica firearms.

I am no lawyer but you see, Walther P38 is no longer in production. It is not an "existing make and model of firearm". Hence it is an antique firearm.

MP-05 in Gun mode also was made of brightly coloured silver plastic (I think the real P38 was only produced in black), and has significant dimensional differences.

Now if the "new" MP Megatron transforms into a 1:1 Walther P38 repliaca, it maybe an issue, but it could also come with the giant silencer and stock to render it a "toy"

Also Japan is crazy about toy gun. Takara can do it.

The main issue is that Hasbro won't do it because of the US gun laws. (laws? it's easier to get a real gun in US than a toy gun in the US any way)

Last edited by Darth Cylon; 07-26-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:42 AM   #27
elburrito
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
He will only be released as a gun in japan as the current gun laws here prohibit a release here, hence the reason we didn't see a reissue of G1 megs even with the stupid orange barrel plug as for the MP line I prefer the 01 version, the MP10 is nicer for accuracy but cheap in comparison to what the MP line was suppost to represent just as binaltec was far superior to the alternator line,.. the original concept for the mp line was HIGH QUALITY collectors grade toy not this substandard, smaller, qc riddled toy line thats now appearing give them another scale cutdown and they will be the reissue of the G1 toys "LOL"
I agree with this. MP01 was the 8th wonder of the world. MP10 is better scaled to everything that came after (and the seekers that came before) but as a stand alone, MP01 is the better toy.

If the MP line was in "scale" to G1 and diecast I think that would be awesome.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:35 AM   #28
Wheeljack Off
Banned
Wheeljack Off's Ebay Auctions

I don't think it's fair to compare mp1 price to mp10.

MP4 should be the comparable figure as you get the trailer too.
Wheeljack Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:24 PM   #29
Bruticus
B&K Collectables

My choice; I like the 04 (01 with trailer) better. It has the diecast in it and feels like an overall premium collectible. I like the newer line, but I honestly would have less trouble spending my money for more diecast in the bots.

in regards to 05, the problem is not with the Canadian Customs, or even the US Customs, but with the Customs department in China, where all of these guys are produced. Right now there is a huge stink going on in China with firearms and battery-operated toys. I have distributors out there that have the 05 in stock, but have warned me against bringing it in as the Chinese Customs is getting very intrusive, especially with items that look like guns or carry a battery. They open the parcels up multiple times (each time it goes to someone new); sometimes it gets damaged in transit because of this and sometimes they just confiscate them right off the line and we're SOL. We have one 05 currently in-stock that we were able to get locally, but we can't honestly look at getting more because of this.

-----------------------------------------------------
Add B&K Collectables to your Facebook HERE

Follow B&K Collectables on your Twitter HERE

Subscribe to the B&K Collectables' newsletter HERE
------------------------------------------------------
Cybertron.ca Feedback Thread --> http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18760
Bruticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:35 PM   #30
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus View Post
My choice; I like the 04 (01 with trailer) better. It has the diecast in it and feels like an overall premium collectible. I like the newer line, but I honestly would have less trouble spending my money for more diecast in the bots.

in regards to 05, the problem is not with the Canadian Customs, or even the US Customs, but with the Customs department in China, where all of these guys are produced. Right now there is a huge stink going on in China with firearms and battery-operated toys. I have distributors out there that have the 05 in stock, but have warned me against bringing it in as the Chinese Customs is getting very intrusive, especially with items that look like guns or carry a battery. They open the parcels up multiple times (each time it goes to someone new); sometimes it gets damaged in transit because of this and sometimes they just confiscate them right off the line and we're SOL. We have one 05 currently in-stock that we were able to get locally, but we can't honestly look at getting more because of this.
I am guessing you don't have "connection" or "relationship" with Chinese Custom personnel. Or as some people would call it "bonus"