Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion > Cybertron.ca Podcast - Canadian Slag

Old 10-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #21
StarwarsTF
seek&destroy
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 66 - Wars, Machines, Hunters, and Their Beasts

Good episode!
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #22
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
Armada Sideways would be really cool too. Particularly if they kept the dual/combining Headmaster gimmick. He's an under used and much forgotten character, IMO. Especially considering he's a dimension hopping spawn of Unicron. He could just cause havok in whatever fiction he finds himself in.
Yes! Armada Sideways was great! I say the DOTM Tailpipe mold would work really well as a repaint of him.

Actually, GDO would be a good place to see a neo Armada line happen. DOTM Tailpipe as Sideways, ROTF N.E.S.T Ratchet with a new head as Red Alert, Generations Blurr with a new head as Blurr, RTS Grapple (or maybe Generations Kup?) as Smokescreen, HFTD Tommahawk as Cyclonus, HFTD Hailstorm with a new head as Demolishor, ROTF Dirge as Thrust, maybe HFTD Terradive with a new head and sword as Starscream...

Darnit! Now I want this to happen!

And to go with Ian's sugguestion of Cybertron voyager Starscream as Dai Atlas, Gimme Armada Jetfire with a new head as Galaxy Shuttle and Cybertron Vector Prime with a new head as Star Saber.

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).

Last edited by Stapler; 10-27-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #23
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
Okay! Logic time!

I don't understand where this preconceived notion that everything should be available to you at retail. No one EVER said if you get wave 1 you would get every other wave that follows. That's just collecting and retail in general. It's a roll of the dice thanks to case assortments and distribution and its always been that way.
I thought you said you would be using logic? Because this makes no sense.

My "preconcieved notion" comes from the fact that outside of exclusives, foreign releases, the occasional end of line stuff, and test market releases (like MW), we have ALWAYS gotten pretty much every wave of every series since G1.
As I said we occasionally miss out on the last wave of stuff, that happens pretty often, but I defy you to name me another instance when we have gotten the first wave of a TF series and then nothing else.

In my experience it has never happened before. In fact I'd go so far as to call this 8 month drought unprecedented!

Quote:
In addition, practically EVERY Transformers line has had items in it that never hit Canadian retail and I'm fairly certain outside of the US most countries are also in the same boat. To even counter point myself even the US may not get certain lines, molds, and also have missing waves.
I agree, but those items generally fall into the catagories stated above. And I don't recall the US ever missing out on almost an entire line of figures. They're even getting the FE stuff now!
You are correct in that the occasional missing wave, region by region, isn't that odd. But missing the entire line on a national scale? I don't recall that ever happening.

Quote:
Since it's been this way for the longest time I don't know why anyone would assume we would suddenly get every wave now.
Because, again, barring the catagories above, we always have?
And it hasn't "been this way for the longest time". What is happeneing at retail now, in regards to TF's has never happened before.

Quote:
My point is if you want every thing from every line, you will absolutely have to be resourceful and expand outside of the mass retail only mindset because Transformers is so huge right now, that expecting everything to hit North American retail will not be happening any time soon.
I would agree whole heartedly with you if I was talking about getting "every thing from every line", but I'm not. I'm talking about getting just the basic assortment of figures. And not even all of them! I have no interest in toys like Hot Shot, I just want the show cast.

And just an un-related question: Why all the hate for the TF Wiki? I have found it to be a valuable resource quite often. I have even contributed to it on multiple occastions.

Last edited by Shockwave 75; 10-27-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Shockwave 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #24
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
I thought you said you would be using logic? Because this makes no sense.
Instead of replying to a repeating argument, I'm just going to counter with, who told you that you were guaranteed to find every wave in retail?

Even if it's something as simple as wave 2, who told you with 100% certainty that you would find it on a store shelf?

I'm gonna guess no one. Thus you just assume every wave (sans tail waves) will hit retail.

Assuming isn't logical.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #25
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
And sure, your point is valid that the $80 I spent on Prime figures could have gotten me 1 really nice vinatge one, but the reverse is also true, that $80 I blew on 1 figure could have gotten me 4 PRID deluxes.
See Advice #2, "Patiences", those 4 PRID Deluxes you just bought will be now 4 for $25 (or heck less) loose in 12 months from the fact of the matter. Look at last BIG HOTNESS main line. I see $5 loose Animated Prowl, loose Voyager Animated Prime for $10.

Shock, I understand what our getting at, but if you want to get the MOST you can, out of a limited income, this is the best route to go. I don't want to brag, but I have one of the biggest Transformers collections in the world, but I ain't rich, I just know where and when to buy.

It's something that dawned on me during Energon's initial run when I bought the whole FIRST WAVE in one shot at Walmart (circa early 2004), the bill came to over $410 bucks after Quebec taxes, during that time, I could have gotten a MIB Star Saber or heck maybe a decent loose Fortress Maximus.

Fast forward to today. That first wave of Energon (short of Energon Ultra Magnus) is worth about ALL TOGETHER about $100 bucks loose....... but MIB Star Saber today....... $700......... loose Fortress Maximus....... about $700 (ignore the recent reissue).

Know your battles bro, and you will have everything you will ever want and your wallet will only have one pain....... growing pains from all the money still in it.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman

Last edited by Protoman; 10-27-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #26
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

The patience advice is solid indeed. I'm enjoying a lot of the DOTM deluxes right now because they've gone down in price at retail and, with a select few, weren't anything I felt I needed right away.

That said, I'm not a convention goer, so that option isn't there for me. Instead I budget and plan around what I want and set some extra aside for impulse buys of stuff I waited on that gone down in price and tide me over when I'm waiting for a new wave to hit.

Another thing I just don't generally do is import figures. It would have to be something really special for me to do that. The only figure that I've been tempted enough to consider is AM Swerve but I still can't bring myself to make the purchase. Importing just isn't for me.

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #27
Shockwave 75

Quote:
Instead of replying to a repeating argument, I'm just going to counter with, who told you that you were guaranteed to find every wave in retail?

Even if it's something as simple as wave 2, who told you with 100% certainty that you would find it on a store shelf?

I'm gonna guess no one. Thus you just assume every wave (sans tail waves) will hit retail.

Assuming isn't logical.
Neither is sarcasm.

As stated, given that pretty much every other TF line EVER, has landed in retail with the vast majority of the line, it is reasonable to believe that Prime would too.
In fact it would have been totally inconcievable if some one had conjectured 8 months ago that we would be in the position we are right now.

Yes, no one "guaranteed" that the whole line would be available. But history suggested that it would be.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #28
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Speaking of repaints... why isn't Hasbro pumping out Seekers with the FE Starscream mold like Takara is doing?! They have a few non-show character in the PRID line but they don't release the OBVIOUS repaints? Dark Energon Starscream is pretty much a translucent Skywarp already.

Quote:
Am I the only one who likes her the way she is? :P

I will agree that it would be cool
Her Shellforming is PRETTY brazen though, the likes of which rarely seen outside of Beast Wars 2nd/Neo but I do agree she's got a certain charm to her. Her head design is pretty fantastic and would need to be kept.

But we just need more marine formers! Enough with the tyranny of the four wheelers!

Also we need a real Signal Lancer toy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fTrI021xaY

Get to it Third Party!

Last edited by Undrave; 10-27-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:06 PM   #29
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
, Prime Thundertron repainted into Lio Convoy, but with proper colors, not like that crappy AM version we're getting, and a new Prime head like this:
I'm not picking the thundertron figure...ugh... but I would pick THIS version up in a heartbeat, F'N awesome!
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #30
Shockwave 75

As for remolding an AEC figure into a Classic one, I was fiddling with the Armada deluxe class Prime, and I think given a new paint job and a new head, he'd make a cool Ironhide.

Tags
canadian slag, podcast