Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 03-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
Gaetznes
Cassetticon
Adult Lego Fans

By Adult Lego Fans, What I don't mean is ppl that have a Lego Fetish or other disturbia. LOL

Just woundering how many TF fans out there are also fans of Lego. Do you have a fav theme or system? Do you collector or are more of a MOC?
Vintage or New? The list goes on. If you got pictures please share.

Or even kooler, have your tf's terrorize a lego city.... muahahahhaha....
Old 03-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus
Re: Adult Lego Fans

I like the Lego star wars set especially. But their too pricey for me to collect them and TF at the same time. I had a ton of it when I was a kid, unfortunately it's all gone now.

For awhile I almost went with Lego instead of TF. But I figured I'd be able to collect more TF for the cost than Lego. But I re-discovered with the Kreo how enjoyable the building of the sets can be.

All I have now is some Kreo and a few lego minifigs.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

I'm an old fashioned lego space guy myself...none of this star wars stuff. Most of it is in boxes unfortunately. But man, Blackstron, M-Tron, Futron, Ice Planet, Spyrius....those were all such great series, and the gimmicks were really fun and had great play-value.

My brother was more into castles and pirates, so we have a few of those sets kicking around as well. Actually, when G1 was over, other than four or five beast wars figures I didn't get back into buying transformers at retail until Universe 2.0 - so in the interim years, Lego was primarily my go-to item for birthdays, Christmas, etc.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #4
Gaetznes
Cassetticon

Bruticus 82, As an adult do you still have that Space built on display, or is it all shoved away.

I'm in the middle of digging through a bunch of purchased lots trying to rebuild set 4022 c26 Sea Cutter. Not an amazing set, but I have a personal sentimental attachment to it.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #5
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

i have a bunch of the Octane sets, and some space sets, most are complete afaik, just haven't had the space to take them out and assemble them for a while

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #6
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Did someone say LEGO... about 2yrs ago I started getting back into LEGO after picking up a few of the newer SW sets on sale and I've been hooked again. Not until recently (since I found out there is a LEGO store near by) I started creating some MOC buildings/condos and creating a sort of movie monster diorama, I'll post some pics later. Like others on here, I also love the classic Space themes along with Castles and Pirates. About a year ago I (with help from a US cybertron.ca member) found on eBay a complete Space Mobile Rocket, the only LEGO set I had as kid and obliterated through years of love and play

Here's what it looks like...

I have some plans on creating more MOCs but I'm working on building up my arsenal of parts first
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:00 PM   #7
dougman
Generation 1

I never were much of a Lego fan everything was all blocky and generally didn't look great.

When I had interest with Halo, I got a few Halo Mega Blocks figurine blind packs just for a few figures, and man are they miles above what Lego people were. I cannot go back to lego after what MegaBloks did with "lego compatible blocks".

Also these figures renewed my interest in 4inch action figures. nice to have a 4inch action figure, and a "super deformed" mini version of it.

(so if anyone seen a captain america "Super Combat" for $5 somewhere let me have it, or Marvel Megabloks series 2 blind packs)
dougman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #8
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

I don't remember the old space sets. But I did have a yellow castle set. And I remember building myself a Lego Lion Voltron since I didn't have a toy of him.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #9
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions

I still have every original Space Police set, a bunch of the original and newer Blacktron sets and most of the M-Tron set. I also have the X-Wing and Tie Interceptor from the Ultimate Collectors Series. Would kill for the Millennium Falcon and Star Destroyer from that series.
As for crossing Lego with TFs, I did that all the time as a kid

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #10
Commandoclone87
Seeker

Have always and still love the Lego Star Wars sets. Never had much money to get more than the smaller ones (never got an X-wing or Tie Fighter set as a kid and the Collector's Series was definitely out of reach)

But I always made due, some times even going so far as to buy Mega Blocks kits to fill out brick numbers as they are much cheaper. Even combined smaller sets like the snow speeder and Cloud car to make my own X-wings.
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote