Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 07-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #21
payton34
Generation 2
Re: Dak's IDW Thunderwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
Was it "that" MP Fort Max?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper69 View Post
"That" G1 articulated one, yes it was

CJ

payton34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:05 AM   #22
Richter
Nexus Maximus

Woah, awesome man. So you carved up a starscream and ended up with that? Have you ever thought about becomming a professional sculpter?

Great work!

Current Wants:
  • Horsey Prime
Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #23
dak
Master Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter View Post
Woah, awesome man. So you carved up a starscream and ended up with that? Have you ever thought about becomming a professional sculpter?

Great work!
thanks. Maybe i could specialize in that area at some point, but right now I make sets and props for Film and Television. sort of the same idea. lol.
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:40 PM   #24
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Awesome! I like how you did the light-up head...

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:34 PM   #25
Zildjian
Mini-Con
Zildjian's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
Was it "that" MP Fort Max?
Yep... the Masterpiece.

Why do people feel the need to bash someone because their "buddies" custom did not place?

Dak did an awesome job, however the "judges" (and I use that term loosely) did not see it as better than the top 3. Oh well, does that take away from the work? Nope.
Zildjian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:43 PM   #26
Cliffjumper69
primebein's rival
Cliffjumper69's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Cliffjumper69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zildjian View Post
Yep... the Masterpiece.

Why do people feel the need to bash someone because their "buddies" custom did not place?

Dak did an awesome job, however the "judges" (and I use that term loosely) did not see it as better than the top 3. Oh well, does that take away from the work? Nope.
Id just like to ask, why do people need to come over here and defend their "buddies"? I dont know Dak and Id love for Dak to be my BFF, but I like most of the people here call it like we see it. MP Fort Maxx is awesome... BUT IMO MP TW is a TRUE MP and should have placed. End of story

CJ
Old 07-04-2010, 12:09 AM   #27
Protoman
The Legend
Cool Re: Dak's IDW Thunderwing

Quote:
Yep... the Masterpiece.

I was at Botcon, face to face with all the monsters.

Fort Max was a boring dry brush job, LED lights from Radio Shack and gimp hands. BORING.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:04 AM   #28
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
Yep... the Masterpiece.

In my opinion, this was a better job. Fort Max is still obviously made from what it was... the same old thing with sprinkles on top. This? If he hadn't said, I couldn't tell what it was made from. My first guess would have build a complete scratch build. The no.1 winner was in the same vein, I couldn't tell what it was made from.

Also, I don't believe I bashed it at all. I can only assume that you assumed that because you're overly defensive (yeah, and now who's backin' they're "buddies"). No, he did a great job, for what it was, which was a few cuts, some LED's, some new jointing, and panel lining. At the same time, if he'd done a smaller toy, or a less desirable toy in the eyes of collector's, would he have placed with it? Probably not.

Also, I love how you signed up just to defend a guy. Classy. Which also reminds me - why is Payton on here in the first place? He's not a Canadian resident so it can't be for the sightings... and I don't see him in the discussions... so I can only assume it's to pimp his work. Also, very classy.

So what I'm gathering here is someone did a custom, a large scale and slightly more in-depth version of what a lot of people call touch-ups, with some new joints and lights. Now, as soon as it was posted, it got flak for it's bizarre taxonomy. Basically, the masterpiece title was used to create hype, as it's *not* like the official MP line at all. Sure, popular way to do it, especially if you're in the crew with some twats around this fandom. As soon as people voice an opinion otherwise, saying this doesn't fit, or I believe that this something else should have placed, the militia gets called in gun down anyone with a different personal decision. All for someone who doesn't even feel to keen on defending himself - probably cause he's not getting the circle jerk he's used to from being on TFW over here, and so when he's faced with criticism, we get this shitstorm.

Last edited by soundwaveCA; 07-04-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:48 PM   #29
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

Alright guys this has gone on for long enough, please keep this thread on topic and civil or warnings and or infractions will be issued. Dak put too much time and effort into this custom so let's not ruin this thread by having it degenerate into something else.
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:25 PM   #30
dak
Master Creator

Just for fun. Comparison to the Hasbro release.

dak is offline   Reply With Quote