Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Wanted Items

Old 11-27-2020, 03:14 PM   #1
Marcotron
Robot Master
Maketoys in Canada?

Does anyone know where I can find a Make Toys - MTRM-08 Despotron for not huge prices in Canada?
Also, maybe Maketoys Quantron.

I remember seeing them at TFcon for around $100 for Despotron and about $130 for Quantron.

Right now, TFSource has their Black friday sale on Despotron for 58 USD, but with shipping and money conversion, it's going to end up being about a hundred bucks. If I can find it locally in Canada, it might be cheaper, and probably easier than shipping a gun shaped toy across the border.

I just like the look and transformation of Despotron over the Takara Masterpiece version.

Anyways, anyone with info, pm me please.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 03:38 PM   #2
PrimeCron
Metroplex
PrimeCron's Ebay Auctions
Re: Maketoys in Canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
Does anyone know where I can find a Make Toys - MTRM-08 Despotron for not huge prices in Canada?

I remember seeing them at TFcon for around $100 for Despotron and about $130 for Quantron.

Right now, TFSource has their Black friday sale on Despotron for 58 USD, but with shipping and money conversion, it's going to end up being about a hundred bucks. If I can find it locally in Canada, it might be cheaper, and probably easier than shipping a gun shaped toy across the border.

I just like the look and transformation of Despotron over the Takara Masterpiece version.

I remember the Maketoys Despotron selling at $100cad however it was a US eretailer selling to offload their stock - long story behind.

I never seen a Maketoys Quantron for $130.00cad - if I would have seen that I would have definitely grabbed one for sure.

Feedback link...
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27458
PrimeCron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 04:22 PM   #3
Marcotron
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeCron View Post
I remember the Maketoys Despotron selling at $100cad however it was a US eretailer selling to offload their stock - long story behind.

I never seen a Maketoys Quantron for $130.00cad - if I would have seen that I would have definitely grabbed one for sure.
Ya, I might be wrong remembering the price of Quantron, but I remember it being stupid cheap one time at a convention, I was just quite poor that year. Not that I'm any richer now, just wanting stuff. I never bothered with the hasbro Computron, cuz it was just a repaint/remold of other combiner wars figures.

Despotron was on clearance at TFcon I think by The Chosen Prime a couple of years ago for like $120ish.
Old 11-27-2020, 04:39 PM   #4
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post

You're better to just buy it from there. $100 isn't that bad
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 04:57 PM   #5
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Make Toys - MTRM-08 Despotron worth $100 for sure, maybe $100 USD.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 07:24 PM   #6
optimusb39
Animated

Rubadubspawn amd devonman has despotron. A bit more than your looking for but available. Its a great figure and my choice for mp megatron
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 09:51 PM   #7
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Kool Toyz has quantron in their Black Friday sale, but not even close to $130. Personally, I've never seen him that cheap. That's over 60% off.

https://www.kooltoyz.ca/bfdeals.html

Ordering from the states can be tricky now. Expect to pay at least double the US price after shipping and conversion. I wanted to buy a $20 item from BBTS. The shipping was $27 US. And gosh forbid getting hit with customs.

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 11-27-2020 at 09:54 PM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:50 PM   #8
Marcotron
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Kool Toyz has quantron in their Black Friday sale, but not even close to $130. Personally, I've never seen him that cheap. That's over 60% off.

https://www.kooltoyz.ca/bfdeals.html

Thanks, i did see that. Unlike many of you hardcore collectors, i can't fathom spending 300 dollars or more on any single figure. Quantron is good, but maybe some other company will take a stab at Computron. I can wait.