Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

View Poll Results: Transformers Trilogy. Despised or enjoyed?
Despised 14 27.45%
Enjoyed 37 72.55%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #31
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic
Re: Transformers Trilogy. Despised or enjoyed?

Unequivocally, despised.

There are very few movies that don't have any good moments, so saying that the three movies had bright spots is like saying there are good days when you have cancer. Of course there are, but that doesn't lessen the tragedy.

I like that they brought attention to the brand and got toys made. Other than that, a horrible waste of what could have been.

I really take exception with people saying that they're okay movies because they are brainless summer fun. Movies can be smart and fun. The Avengers is a perfect example of something that many people would have enjoyed anyway even if it were crappy, but can proudly enjoy because it's actually good, too.

Transformers deserves better. The franchise has a rich history and tons of possibility. I am frankly insulted that in three movies there are only a handful of robots that have actual characters, and all of those are trumped by a single episode of Transformers Prime or Beast Wars.

The movies are simply lazy, pandering to least common denominators. The CGI is glorious and I won't pretend I didn't enjoy seeing transformations brought to life on the big screen. I just wanted it to have a brain and a soul. The movies are just one big empty vacuum, second only to the one inside Michael Bay's skull.
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movie, opinion, poll