Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-17-2018, 01:26 PM   #71
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag
Re: Hasbro Summer Savings - 2018

I only collect TFs but since there ar some star wars toys the US isnt getting (yet) a freind asked me to pick him up some TRU exclusives in the black series. Since they are Hasbro products I went to the cash with the coupons but they did not work. Turns out the coupons (and the stuff we received by e-mail) are for Hasbro brands only and Star Wars (and Marvel) are not Hasbro brands. Bummer because those exclusives are expensive as fawk.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 03:28 PM   #72
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
I only collect TFs but since there ar some star wars toys the US isnt getting (yet) a freind asked me to pick him up some TRU exclusives in the black series. Since they are Hasbro products I went to the cash with the coupons but they did not work. Turns out the coupons (and the stuff we received by e-mail) are for Hasbro brands only and Star Wars (and Marvel) are not Hasbro brands. Bummer because those exclusives are expensive as fawk.
They are Hasbro, but they are not one of the product lines listed on those coupons. If you look at the pictures on the coupon booklet its limited to TF, Nerf, Ponies and Disney Princesses and some others, but not Star Wars and I guess not all Marvel. I guess they dont want people fawking around with high end collectors Star Wars stuff, but much of it I find just shelf warms no?
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:00 PM   #73
zhaobinis1
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
They are Hasbro, but they are not one of the product lines listed on those coupons. If you look at the pictures on the coupon booklet its limited to TF, Nerf, Ponies and Disney Princesses and some others, but not Star Wars and I guess not all Marvel. I guess they dont want people fawking around with high end collectors Star Wars stuff, but much of it I find just shelf warms no?
Yeah, those black series has been on clearance for at least half a year.
zhaobinis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 05:13 PM   #74
tz101
Machine War

got predaking last weekend they scanned both the $20 coupon and the 10% coupon so got him for $43 off
tz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 06:16 PM   #75
zhaobinis1
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tz101 View Post
got predaking last weekend they scanned both the $20 coupon and the 10% coupon so got him for $43 off
If you want to exploit the coupon, you gotta do it right: Use all three coupons to get $98.6 off on each figure. You can then return or re-sell the other 2 since you need to buy 3 to get this deal.
zhaobinis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 04:24 PM   #76
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhaobinis1 View Post
If you want to exploit the coupon, you gotta do it right: Use all three coupons to get $98.6 off on each figure. You can then return or re-sell the other 2 since you need to buy 3 to get this deal.
A lot of TRU locations don't allow you to stack them (and certainly not online) so buy 2 get 1 free is the best deal.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:42 PM   #77
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

TRU is getting quite strict with the Hasbro coupons. I just purchased Rodimus Unicronus. They have that 20% sale going on currently for transformers between $29.99 and $69.99. He was $55.96 with the sale. I tried using the $20 off coupon on him, but the cashier refused it because of the sale. Her manager also said the same thing. I ended up having to use the 10% off coupon. This is odd because I've always been able to use the Hasbro coupons with sale items, that's how I bought my Movie Masterpiece figures.

I also purchased Predaking at another TRU and a somewhat similar situation happened. I heard other people saying they were able to stack coupons to buy Predaking. I tried using the R club coupon ($25.00 off of $50 or more) and the $20.00 off Hasbro coupon but they told me the register only accepts one coupon. This situation is more understandable because the rule really is only one coupon per transaction, but the one with the sale items is kind of unfair since they always accepted the coupons, regardless of the sale.

Oh well, that was my rant, lol. Be weary of using the Hasbro coupons during sales.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 07-21-2018 at 09:44 PM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 10:35 AM   #78
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Yes, before alot of staff did not fully understand how the coupons worked and people took the advantage for really amazing prices on TFs. The only coupon of the three that you can use during a sale is the No Restrictions 10% off coupon..all of the rules are written on the back and they were never suppose to stack them. Considering they are still close to shutting down TRUs remaining stores worldwide if they dont turn a profit, I can see why they are following the regulations of those coupons more directly now.
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:51 PM   #79
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
Yes, before alot of staff did not fully understand how the coupons worked and people took the advantage for really amazing prices on TFs. The only coupon of the three that you can use during a sale is the No Restrictions 10% off coupon..all of the rules are written on the back and they were never suppose to stack them. Considering they are still close to shutting down TRUs remaining stores worldwide if they dont turn a profit, I can see why they are following the regulations of those coupons more directly now.
For sure, that makes sense. Though, they have increased the price on the POTP leader and voyager figures, so even with the sale and the 10% off coupon, it's not much savings.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:53 PM   #80
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tz101 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhaobinis1 View Post
I just got POTP Rodimus, SS Blackout, and RID Groundbreaker today and the girl who served me wouldn't let me use two coupons at once. She scanned and used the $20 off for the two big ones, but said she couldn't add the 10% off on top.
I argued that it says "No Exclusions", but apparently that doesn't count other coupons, except that it should!
Then she tried to use the 10% on the RID, and it wouldn't take it because it was already on sale.

I call bullshit!! I don't know if I should bitch at Hasbro or at TRU!!!