Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-12-2015, 10:21 AM   #21
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
Re: What are the odds we'll see a Hasbro release of MP Shockwave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
You are thinking of the USA, not Canada. We'll have no issues with him, just like we had none with MP Megs.

And also, Shockwave isn't a real gun, he's no different than the space gun toys you see in the stores already.
True, but if the goofy toy gun laws of the US prevent them from getting it domestically, we won't get it either. It's not like Hasbro would do a Canada only MP exclusive.

Still, fingers crossed!
Old 10-12-2015, 12:08 PM   #22
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
True, but if the goofy toy gun laws of the US prevent them from getting it domestically, we won't get it either. It's not like Hasbro would do a Canada only MP exclusive.

Still, fingers crossed!
Again, still not true. There have been numerous times Canada has gotten toys the USA has not. MP Megatron, was one of them. The USA versions all had to be modified with the orange barrel plug, ours were not.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 12:09 PM   #23
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

when did TRU have MP Megatron your on crack. As this discussion is about whether or not Toys R Us will carry MP Shockwave not if it will get past customs

Last edited by Masta_Skidz; 10-12-2015 at 12:12 PM.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 02:37 PM   #24
DesertDog
Beast Machine

Quote:
Again, still not true. There have been numerous times Canada has gotten toys the USA has not. MP Megatron, was one of them. The USA versions all had to be modified with the orange barrel plug, ours were not.
You just said that MP Megatron was one of the figures that Canada got but the US didn't, then you say they did, but with barrel plugs. You've contradicted yourself, and there is no "US" version of Megatron. And Shockwave 75's point was that if Hasbro doesn't think that they could sell an MP Shockwave in the US, they're not going to make it just for Canada's far smaller market.

The plugs were installed by the importers, not Takara, and Hasbro had nothing at all to do with MP Megatron, it was an import intended for the Asian market with no North American versions. There were channels for people to get plugless Megatron's, it was just easier for us. But it wasn't all cut and dried here either, there is an old news article on the web about it.

The point of the thread isn't, will we be able to get the Takara version through customs?

It is, given the current replica gun laws in the USA, and the current justified dislike of overt firearms use, would Hasbro consider Shockwave for domestic release? Further, would Toys 'R Us sell it if it was solicited by Hasbro?

I think Shockwave is iconic enough for Hasbro to seriously consider, they must have TF fans in the offices somewhere pushing for certain figures. He's in the top 5-10 of 'Cons for many fans, so his name must be in the hat, especially now that MP Laserwave exists.

And I think that he's easily Sci/Fi enough to get by replica gun laws. His size, shape, and colour will make it easier to see that it is a toy, not a weapon. Not that I'd take him outdoors in alt mode. Especially if I were a black man in the US. That's crazy shit going on down there.

I think Tru would sell him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a band of orange paint around his muzzle, and for his colour to still be toy purple, to reduce the resemblance to a real firearm even further. Not a big deal though, rubbing alcohol is cheap, so are cotton balls. I'm sure the grey plastic will clean up nicely.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:43 PM   #25
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
when did TRU have MP Megatron your on crack. As this discussion is about whether or not Toys R Us will carry MP Shockwave not if it will get past customs
You're *
Old 10-12-2015, 02:46 PM   #26
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
You just said that MP Megatron was one of the figures that Canada got but the US didn't, then you say they did, but with barrel plugs. You've contradicted yourself, and there is no "US" version of Megatron. And Shockwave 75's point was that if Hasbro doesn't think that they could sell an MP Shockwave in the US, they're not going to make it just for Canada's far smaller market.

The plugs were installed by the importers, not Takara, and Hasbro had nothing at all to do with MP Megatron, it was an import intended for the Asian market with no North American versions. There were channels for people to get plugless Megatron's, it was just easier for us. But it wasn't all cut and dried here either, there is an old news article on the web about it.

The point of the thread isn't, will we be able to get the Takara version through customs?

It is, given the current replica gun laws in the USA, and the current justified dislike of overt firearms use, would Hasbro consider Shockwave for domestic release? Further, would Toys 'R Us sell it if it was solicited by Hasbro?

I think Shockwave is iconic enough for Hasbro to seriously consider, they must have TF fans in the offices somewhere pushing for certain figures. He's in the top 5-10 of 'Cons for many fans, so his name must be in the hat, especially now that MP Laserwave exists.

And I think that he's easily Sci/Fi enough to get by replica gun laws. His size, shape, and colour will make it easier to see that it is a toy, not a weapon. Not that I'd take him outdoors in alt mode. Especially if I were a black man in the US. That's crazy shit going on down there.

I think Tru would sell him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a band of orange paint around his muzzle, and for his colour to still be toy purple, to reduce the resemblance to a real firearm even further. Not a big deal though, rubbing alcohol is cheap, so are cotton balls. I'm sure the grey plastic will clean up nicely.
I wasn't contradicting myself, I was explaining how we got it unmodified.

Either way, you guys are being ridiculous, this is a space laser gun, it looks nothing like a real gun and has bearing on whether or not Hasbro will bring him over. Absolutely none.

And if they do, they aren't going to splatter orange all over his barrel or anything that frigging retarded. He's a space gun toy.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:55 PM   #27
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

It's pointless to speculate what/when/if Hasbro will do something. If you see something you like and you can afford it, then buy it.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:18 PM   #28
DesertDog
Beast Machine

Quote:
I wasn't contradicting myself, I was explaining how we got it unmodified.

Either way, you guys are being ridiculous, this is a space laser gun, it looks nothing like a real gun and has no bearing on whether or not Hasbro will bring him over. Absolutely none.

And if they do, they aren't going to splatter orange all over his barrel or anything that frigging retarded. He's a space gun toy.
Fixed that for you.

You explanation was inaccurate, and you also showed your confusion as to the point of this thread.

We didn't get MP Megatron released here officially, so the difference between plugged and unplugged was due to the importer, not Takara and definitely not Hasbro. Plugless Megatron's in N.A. are not Canadian versions, they were bought from proxies or from retailers that didn't care enough to bother. They weren't made for us, Tru and Wal-mart didn't sell them, they just ended up here. And no one really believes that we couldn't get a figure through customs if we really wanted to. My Takara MP Laserwave will get through just fine. We're talking about whether Hasbro will make Shockwave.

MP Megatron is an example of why Hasbro might not make Shockwave. Between police murders, mass shootings, regular murders, suicides, and tragic accidents via irresponsible ownership, the idea of selling replica firearms, fictional or not, to children is slowly but surely coming into disfavour. Hasbro and Tru, being suppliers of toys, understand this and take it into consideration when planning what to make or sell. It doesn't matter what Canada's customs laws are, if Tru US won't sell it, Hasbro won't make it, and we won't get it. We'll just be importing Takara MP Laserwave like we did with MP Megatron.

Children have been shot for holding toy guns before, which is why these laws exist, making this question the exact opposite of ridiculous. Especially for those of us with children, or nieces and nephews.

Also the Henkei, United, Classics Megatron is clearly a space gun toy too, but the Henkei and especially United versions would never pass US code. Hello Nerf Gun Megatron. Even my little RTS Megatron has an orange tipped barrel. It's not "frigging retarded" to surmise that lawmakers may expect a toy in the shape of a gun to be clearly identifiable as a toy, it's consistent with the facts.

I said "a band of orange paint", where did you get "splatter paint all over" from? If you want to be taken seriously, get your facts straight, don't dismiss other people's opinions as "ridiculous" or "frigging retarded", and don't put words in other people's mouths.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:28 AM   #29
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Fixed that for you.

You explanation was inaccurate, and you also showed your confusion as to the point of this thread.

We didn't get MP Megatron released here officially, so the difference between plugged and unplugged was due to the importer, not Takara and definitely not Hasbro. Plugless Megatron's in N.A. are not Canadian versions, they were bought from proxies or from retailers that didn't care enough to bother. They weren't made for us, Tru and Wal-mart didn't sell them, they just ended up here. And no one really believes that we couldn't get a figure through customs if we really wanted to. My Takara MP Laserwave will get through just fine. We're talking about whether Hasbro will make Shockwave.

MP Megatron is an example of why Hasbro might not make Shockwave. Between police murders, mass shootings, regular murders, suicides, and tragic accidents via irresponsible ownership, the idea of selling replica firearms, fictional or not, to children is slowly but surely coming into disfavour. Hasbro and Tru, being suppliers of toys, understand this and take it into consideration when planning what to make or sell. It doesn't matter what Canada's customs laws are, if Tru US won't sell it, Hasbro won't make it, and we won't get it. We'll just be importing Takara MP Laserwave like we did with MP Megatron.

Children have been shot for holding toy guns before, which is why these laws exist, making this question the exact opposite of ridiculous. Especially for those of us with children, or nieces and nephews.

Also the Henkei, United, Classics Megatron is clearly a space gun toy too, but the Henkei and especially United versions would never pass US code. Hello Nerf Gun Megatron. Even my little RTS Megatron has an orange tipped barrel. It's not "frigging retarded" to surmise that lawmakers may expect a toy in the shape of a gun to be clearly identifiable as a toy, it's consistent with the facts.

I said "a band of orange paint", where did you get "splatter paint all over" from? If you want to be taken seriously, get your facts straight, don't dismiss other people's opinions as "ridiculous" or "frigging retarded", and don't put words in other people's mouths.
LOL, me? I was very much getting my facts straight. I'm not going to argue with someone who's wrong about what I said.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:25 AM   #30
DesertDog
Beast Machine

Quote:
LOL, me? I was very much getting my facts straight. I'm not going to argue with someone who's wrong about what I said.
Your first post on this thread was to state that there would be no problem getting MP Shockwave through Canadian customs, which is not the question of the thread.

Your second post was to refute the OP's rebuttal based on your apparent, according to your words, misbelief that Takara or Hasbro had something to do with MP Megatron's importation, plugged or otherwise.

Your third post was to ignore Masta Skidz question and childishly correct his spelling.

Your fourth post was to get defensive, show that you have nothing to add to this conversation, insult everyone who doesn't agree with your precious opinion, and clumsily try to misquote me.

Your fifth is so that you can show us all how good you are at ignoring reality, and not admitting when you're mistaken. You thought the question was one thing, it turned out to be a different thing. Deal with it.

See, I do know what you said. My reading comprehension is apparently light years ahead of yours "Einstein". If I've misunderstood what you've written, it's because you're not very adept at expressing your point clearly.