Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-20-2021, 04:38 PM   #871
The Nemesis
Alternator
Re: EBgames.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishap View Post
A quick look on the net suggests that all stores are corporately owned. Which makes their actions less acceptable.

Interesting. That does make it worse.

I always figured they were independent because I remember seeing multiple stores in my area with the same staff member behind the counter talking about "her" stores in a way that sounded like ownership-level responsibility rather than simply being a manager or franchisee.

I don't have a Transformers-related issue with them as I've only ever bought a couple things from them and had no issue. But I pre-ordered a game last year that came with a physical bonus item. When I showed up at the store to get my copy I found out they didn't have any of the item because they only received THREE of them to distribute to pre-orders to that store and it was first come, first serve (I didn't pick up until the second day after release). I contacted their customer service to complain about how stupid it was to short-stock items that were only available on pre-orders (and thus they had to know exactly how many would be necessary at each location for pick-ups) and after a couple of back and forths with some CS rep who had no power to do anything I was told I'd be contacted by a regional manager. I never was. And when I e-mailed back to tell them as much I never heard a response back about that either.
Old 03-20-2021, 05:04 PM   #872
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
Is G2 ramjet an eb exclusive or will others get it?
Ages three & up have it for pre-order as well so it might be available to anyone who wants to sell it.
canprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 05:09 PM   #873
TriBlurr
Robot in Disguise

The majority of selects have been "fan-channel" exclusives which generally has meant any retailer can get them in if they choose.

Only Red Wing was Target/TRU exclusive. And even then he got a wider release later.
TriBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 06:58 PM   #874
delrue
Crossover

Only thing exclusive to ebgames in Canada are the Walgreens exclusives in the states.

Generation Selects are easiest to find at ebgames or at the other local hobby stores that get their stock through Diamond. Toysrus gets some of them, your best bet if you're waiting for a sale on one of the less popular ones.
delrue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 07:35 PM   #875
steamwhistle
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
But I pre-ordered a game last year that came with a physical bonus item. When I showed up at the store to get my copy I found out they didn't have any of the item because they only received THREE of them to distribute to pre-orders to that store and it was first come, first serve (I didn't pick up until the second day after release). I contacted their customer service to complain about how stupid it was to short-stock items that were only available on pre-orders (and thus they had to know exactly how many would be necessary at each location for pick-ups) and after a couple of back and forths with some CS rep who had no power to do anything I was told I'd be contacted by a regional manager. I never was. And when I e-mailed back to tell them as much I never heard a response back about that either.
The bonus item with NHL? I didn't receive my bonus item either. I was told they did not arrive yet and they would advise me when they got them in. I never heard from them again.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 07:55 PM   #876
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
The bonus item with NHL? I didn't receive my bonus item either. I was told they did not arrive yet and they would advise me when they got them in. I never heard from them again.

Nah, different game. It was a Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons game for the Switch. They did get the items, just not enough to cover all the pre-orders they had at my location (which is bizarre because it's a pre-order and they would know exactly how many are in place at any given location. Especially when I saw people on twitter posting about getting their pre-orders from Amazon or Best Buy or other retailers and the item was plastic-wrapped to the game case.)

I also ordered a physical copy of Hitman 3 for the Ps4 from them in January of this year (EB being the only retailer that was selling physical copies of the game in Canada) and it was supposed to come with a code for extra pre-order unlockables. The game came and there was no code in the package or anything online to indicate that they were e-mailing them out. So I contacted customer service about that and it took two additional e-mails and close to 3 weeks before they e-mailed me back with a code.
Old 03-22-2021, 09:12 PM   #877
Ransak The Elder
Beasty

Anyone gotten any calls from EB yet for instore preorders? Release date seems to be staying at March 26th now for voyagers.
Ransak The Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 10:16 PM   #878
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransak The Elder View Post
Anyone gotten any calls from EB yet for instore preorders? Release date seems to be staying at March 26th now for voyagers.
Nope not yet. They pushed Beast Wars Megatron into April, haven't got called for him and he's wave 1 (ended up getting Megs at TRU). They'll probably push wave 2 later.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 12:44 PM   #879
kickPhillips
Generation 1

Huffer and Racktonite arrived yesterday from EB. I'm more impressed with both of them than I thought I would be.
kickPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 02:56 PM   #880
joshimus
Metroplex

Still waiting to hear about Airrazor and Dinobot from EB Games. They had Dinobot March 17th and Airrazor early April...still no word though.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote