Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-21-2019, 03:56 PM   #11
DesertDog
Beast Machine
Re: A few quick questions, plus a few asking about the difference between the MP-13;s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
Thanks for the info on the stands. Boy those Yeti's are expensive!

Another thing about the MP line that really boggles my mind is why don't they all come with a peg hole to allow a stand? I mean, c'mon, if you can do whatever engineering figured out the new Megatron, and Rodimus Convoy, they can drill a small hole somewhere "under the rainbow." lol
There is an official figure stand but they're hard to come by. The first one came with Masterpiece Tracks for use with his flight mode, Loud Pedal came with a transparent purple one and they released clear ones a couple years ago but they sold out pretty quick. They were only about $10-15 bucks. But Tracks is pretty cheap as MP's go, you could always get one that way and have a new MP as well.

Starting after Tracks' release most of the small and medium MP's have had a small peg hole somewhere, and some redecos like Anime Sideswipe had a hole added. Prior figures didn't have it. But the peg is fragile, so it shouldn't be used to hold up the likes of Inferno, Ironhide and their mould mates, except as a support for balance. If you check "under the Rainbow" on most retail figures from the last few years, they have compatible peg holes as well. So if you do find a few stands they work with other recent HasTak figures as well.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:55 PM   #12
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here
Re: A few quick questions, plus a few asking about the difference between the MP-13;s

Thanks! I didn't know any of that.

I actually have run into another issue. I have MP-36+ and bought the 36 KO partly for the figure but also for the accessories.

Unfortunately, 1, and only 1, of the pins that holds the "stiff" energy chain is loose. I know I could put into a curve and put a dab of slightly cooled glue from a hot glue gun, or try something like nail polish remover. Someone once told me to try it on screw threads that keep coming loose. It helps keep them in, but that stuff can be pretty strong and toxic and I don't want to do anything permanent. I considered stick-tack but it often will leave behind a residue if you leave it on for a while and I don't know if it'll do any damage to the figure.

Is there a better way to solve this?

(Note: My bank account has informed me that buying a real MP-36 is not one of the possible solutions. )

Oh, also, regarding the stickers at toyhax. Does anyone know of a non-destructive way to make MP-36+'s eyes red? I know I could paint the thing, but I don't want to do anything that does anything permanent to the model.

Thanks!
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:29 PM   #13
Black Spidey Boy
Robot in Disguise

Before the KOs came out, the Hasbro MP Soundwave was the better buy.

If I recall, the differences on the Hasbro were:

- yellow eyes/visor instead of red
- plastic panel on feet not painted
- CE logo on leg
- silver screws instead of black screws
- comes with all the cassettes except SoundBlaster's Ratbat
- Rumble and Frenzy's accents are metallic instead of chrome (vs MP-15, 16)

A lot of those differences can easily be remedied as shown here:
https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threa...#post-14260596

The Hasbro 2016/2017 ressiue has a solid red cassette player power light instead of a translucent one. Also, its head isn't glued shut like earlier Hasbro MP-13s.

The Takara 2017 reissue has solid red visor instead of the translucent one found in earlier Takara MP-13s.

That's all I can remember for now.
Black Spidey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:03 AM   #14
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

So, I heard that the first release of mp-13 had an issue where the legs could break while transforming him. Have you heard of this? Second, I've heard people say both things. One, that the new 2017 visor is better, and that it is worse. lol Since the head is glued in the earlier versions I wouldn't be able to mod the visor easily on those versions.

Thanks
Old 04-22-2019, 05:22 PM   #15
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Anyone know anything about the leg breaking issue or how to non-destructively improve the stiffness of a pin joint that I can see both sides of?

Also, is there anywhere, or a youtube video that shows a way to non-destructively change a figures yellow eyes to (preferably) a translucent red? It would have to be non-permanent, and removable later without it leaving a residue or hurting the paint of figure.

Hope someone can help.