Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #201
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: Zellers Liquidation begins soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikkbones View Post
Round 2 of the liquidating stores folks...

http://www.zellers.com/liquidation/en/default.aspx
*SIGH* I don't know why I bothered checking the damn link. From everything I've been told recently not a single Zellers in Manitoba is even partaking of liquidation sales.

According to what my father was told as he relayed it to me, the stores that will be closing for renovations around July or so are going to ship their unsold merchandise to the other stores in the city, and this will continue until Target has renovated all of their stores except one, then that one is slated to have a Liquidation.

It's the stupidest way for our Province to be handling this thing, I mean seriously, aside from PEI every other province has been liquidating their merchandise. I half expect the crap that doesn't sell will all get shipped off from the rest of Canada to Manitoba and be sold at the full price until only one Zellers in the province is left.

I am seriously f'ing tired of walking into my local zellers and seeing those stupid RoC Rescue Mission sets and RoC Target Figure/Vehicle Packs at the same damn prices they've been at since 2009's early stint of price reductions. I am not paying 22.50$ for a toy that was 15$ in the states and 30$ here, that is not a clearance price. That is a fricken piece of shite, and I am getting tired of being denied the chance to purchase those two Air Viper's with Rocket Packs for 15$ or less each. What the hell happened to the 70% off on clearance toys that Zellers was doing two years ago? If they're going under, why the hell keep these products on the shelf in the system at ludicrous 'discounts' that aren't even real discounts. Especially for a three year old toy.

ARGH! I appologize for the rant.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #202
MitchPoer
Double Spy

beh no new liquidation in Quebec
MitchPoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #203
Requateer
Armada

Hey, looks like Shoppers World is getting a Target to match their new Bus Terminal.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #204
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
*SIGH* I don't know why I bothered checking the damn link. From everything I've been told recently not a single Zellers in Manitoba is even partaking of liquidation sales.

According to what my father was told as he relayed it to me, the stores that will be closing for renovations around July or so are going to ship their unsold merchandise to the other stores in the city, and this will continue until Target has renovated all of their stores except one, then that one is slated to have a Liquidation.

It's the stupidest way for our Province to be handling this thing, I mean seriously, aside from PEI every other province has been liquidating their merchandise. I half expect the crap that doesn't sell will all get shipped off from the rest of Canada to Manitoba and be sold at the full price until only one Zellers in the province is left.

I am seriously f'ing tired of walking into my local zellers and seeing those stupid RoC Rescue Mission sets and RoC Target Figure/Vehicle Packs at the same damn prices they've been at since 2009's early stint of price reductions. I am not paying 22.50$ for a toy that was 15$ in the states and 30$ here, that is not a clearance price. That is a fricken piece of shite, and I am getting tired of being denied the chance to purchase those two Air Viper's with Rocket Packs for 15$ or less each. What the hell happened to the 70% off on clearance toys that Zellers was doing two years ago? If they're going under, why the hell keep these products on the shelf in the system at ludicrous 'discounts' that aren't even real discounts. Especially for a three year old toy.

ARGH! I appologize for the rant.

As a company, they may decide to sell all their excess stuff to giant tiger as a huge lot. the higher the price they are on the shelf, the higher they can theoretically get from GT or Winners or something.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #205
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Upper Canada Zellers.

That Burning Fallen is mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #206
juxtapose519
Robot Master

Went to Westmount Zellers today and it was just depressing. It looks like a tornado hit the shelves and nobody bothered to clean it up. Even for 70% off there was absolutely nothing I wanted to own. RIP Zellers.

Trade | Cybertron Feedback | TFW Feedback | Collection
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #207
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Couldn't find a pair of pants or even some underwear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #208
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtapose519 View Post
Went to Westmount Zellers today and it was just depressing. It looks like a tornado hit the shelves and nobody bothered to clean it up. Even for 70% off there was absolutely nothing I wanted to own. RIP Zellers.
It's been that way for two weeks, oddly the week before there was still quite a bit of inventory.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #209
LBD "Nytetrayn"
Generation 1

Hmm, my local Zellers closed their pharmacy, but I didn't see them on the list...
LBD "Nytetrayn" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #210
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBD "Nytetrayn" View Post
Hmm, my local Zellers closed their pharmacy, but I didn't see them on the list...
Same thing here, the Pharmacy is shutting down any day now. Makes me wonder what they plan to use or not use the space for.

They moved a bunch of the jewellery stuff back into the video games department a few weeks ago.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote