Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #1
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior
Question: Cdns and TFClub Universe Seacons

So I'm not a member so I didn't get the details of the update on the Universe Seacons, but I know they're on their way pretty soon now.

I was wondering if anyone else is thinking of picking them up and if so how they are going about doing so?

I'm not a member but would love to get the seacon set. Is there any way to get them without being a member? Does anyone have an estimate of how much they might be (including shipping, or does TFClub pre-include shipping in their prices?)? I'd be willing to take a $100-140 hit or so, but add $69 for the membership and that's one expensive combiner set. If they were cheaper I'd be more inclined to go for the membership though I guess (and maybe 2x sets...hehe).
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:40 PM   #2
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan
Re: Question: Cdns and TFClub Universe Seacons

You have to be a member to order from them, the only way around it would be to find someone who is a member who can order it for you. Be prepared to fork over a ton of cash for shipping though, club prices to Canada are ridicules.
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:11 PM   #3
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave.ca View Post
You have to be a member to order from them, the only way around it would be to find someone who is a member who can order it for you. Be prepared to fork over a ton of cash for shipping though, club prices to Canada are ridicules.
hmm, can you estimate a ball-park shipping on 1x seacons? Also which method do they use (if UPS they're just being silly to us Canadians).
Old 01-24-2008, 01:25 PM   #4
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:

Question, if you have to be a member why do they advertize non-member prices? You mean to tell me that in order to order anything off of their site, even when they specifically list non-member prices I actually have to be a member? I call BS on that and if that's the case then maybe my support of them without becoming a member due to limitations in funds and such will go the way of the Dodo bird.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:38 PM   #5
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Question, if you have to be a member why do they advertize non-member prices? You mean to tell me that in order to order anything off of their site, even when they specifically list non-member prices I actually have to be a member? I call BS on that and if that's the case then maybe my support of them without becoming a member due to limitations in funds and such will go the way of the Dodo bird.
Well I never looked so I didnt know they were offering non-member pricing so my bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm-Shift Prime View Post
hmm, can you estimate a ball-park shipping on 1x seacons? Also which method do they use (if UPS they're just being silly to us Canadians).
I tried to order a couple of deluxes once from them and they wanted $40 in shipping and said forget it. I would imagine to order a set of Seacon's would be around the same if not more.

Edit: they use USPS as I recall as well.

Edit 2: It also occurred to me that I also looked into the Astrotrain and Airazor they offered a wile back and shipping for Astrotrain alone was like $50-60-ish and Arirazor alone was like $40 at least if I remember right, so ya be prepared to pay and arm and leg in shipping.

Last edited by soundwaveCA; 01-24-2008 at 01:43 PM.
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:08 PM   #6
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

If they have these available at BotCon we might be able to bring some back for people to pick up at TFcon. Lets wait and see.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:37 PM   #7
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Raises hand as a volunteer. I've got a membership and was planning on ordering a set (depending on the exact damage). I'd be willing to help out a few others if there is interest.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:28 PM   #8
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

It might just be cheaper to even ship to a friend in the States and then ship to Canada here.

I know friends who do that when it comes to buying other stuff from the States.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:51 PM   #9
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

Thanks for the info guys, hopefully I'll be able to get one one way or another.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:07 PM   #10
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
Raises hand as a volunteer. I've got a membership and was planning on ordering a set (depending on the exact damage). I'd be willing to help out a few others if there is interest.
I'm in!
I'm always in for stuff like this, haha
Mumps is online now   Reply With Quote