Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 03-11-2021, 01:50 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Vintage Beast Wars Action Figure Line Revealed for 2021

Hasbro has officially revealed the first wave of a Vintage Beast Wars line of toys.* These are the original toys with updated paint in classic style packaging.** Primal and Megatron look to be using their Anniversary original molds.* Cheetor has a sharp blue and yellow deco.* Rattraps bubble card even seems to be using the rock bubble variant from years ago!* The deluxes will be $19.99 and the Leaders will be $39.99.* They will be available at the Walmart collector con on 3/15 which will feature new items from Hasbro and other brands.* However, we have no official confirmation yet » Continue Reading.

The post Vintage Beast Wars Action Figure Line Revealed for 2021 appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 03-11-2021, 02:16 PM   #2
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: Vintage Beast Wars Action Figure Line Revealed for 2021

I mean, this cool and everything

But I already got all of these figs from back in the day
(no original Cheetus, but got the 10th anniversary one)

Would I buy them all again? I don't know man, there's so many other figs to buy these days, that aren't straight re-releases

I would love to support this, and I'm glad it exists for anyone who doesn't already have em

But prob a pass for me (even if that Megs lookin p sick)
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 02:21 PM   #3
delrue
Crossover

I don't have any of these but will probably only get the Cheetor as it's the one toy from back in the day I really wanted but never had. I remember a friend of mine having one though.

Release a Claw Jaw or a Razorclaw though? I'd be aaaaaall over that.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 02:32 PM   #4
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Enough with these 90s rehashed, no one cares!!!! 80s forever!!!!!! ��

Seriously though this is great news, and they will have original style packaging!!!

I'm in for all of them, probably even doubles. Hopefully this goes so well that the Transmetals get some reissue love as well.

Now here's hoping I can ever find them as Walmart exclusives.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 02:39 PM   #5
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Did they find the original Rattrap moulds? They were lost some time prior to 2006, which is why the 10th Anniversary release used the Transmetal version.

I'm probably going to skip these, though. I already have the Telemocha Primal and Megatron, which use the same engineering as the originals (albeit at a smaller scale and exchanging gimmicks for show-accuracy) and I'm not that interested in this version of Cheetor and Rattrap.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure if there are any original Beast Wars figures that I really want, aside from stand-outs like Silverbolt that I already have. The Beast Wars show was really an example of making a silk purse out of a pig's ear. All the stuff they were provided with by Hasbro/Kenner (the toy designs, the names, the premise, etc.) were pretty terrible, but the show's creators were able to salvage it by focusing on strong writing and voice acting (not to mention just throwing out a lot of what they had been given, such as Hasbro's original story for the series, and radically re-designing a lot of the characters.)

As far as the toyline was concerned, the Truk Not Munky people had it right. Sure, they had better articulation than a lot of what had come before (although the tail-end of G2 had already introduced some fairly well-articulated vehicle Transformers) but they looked terrible and transformation-wise they tended to either be shellformers or just stand up to transform.
Old 03-11-2021, 02:53 PM   #6
Tiffster
Classic

Ratrap yes since it's more substantial than kingdom. Primal and Megatron yes since my brother has our originals lol. Cheetor pass since I have original and the fox kids. But releasing these same year as kingdom is curious.
Tiffster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 03:20 PM   #7
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
releasing these same year as kingdom is curious
I figure it's for the new/young/starting-out collectors

Kingdom just comes out, whoa these dinos/beasts are awesome, Hasbro is like "hey I bet you never had a copy of their original figs, here's the line that started it all" etc

Plus there's some that are straight up great ideas, like bringing back to retail the playability of ultra-class BW Primal
"hey I know Kingdom Cheetor doesn't have his guts-gun, but THIS ONE does" "oh SAFE"
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 03:29 PM   #8
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

These look awesome. Nostalgia is over 9000! Definitely going to get them all. I hope they didn't remove the gimmicks from Primal and Megatron. Also hope Walmart isn't going to make these an absolute nightmare to get (which they probably are).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 03:39 PM   #9
Marcotron
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
I figure it's for the new/young/starting-out collectors

Kingdom just comes out, whoa these dinos/beasts are awesome, Hasbro is like "hey I bet you never had a copy of their original figs, here's the line that started it all" etc

Plus there's some that are straight up great ideas, like bringing back to retail the playability of ultra-class BW Primal
"hey I know Kingdom Cheetor doesn't have his guts-gun, but THIS ONE does" "oh SAFE"
It's funny, cuz the original Cheetor I got for very cheap was missing his gut water gun. If anyone has one of those, throw it my way?
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 03:48 PM   #10
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

And it begins... They're already out of stock on Walmart.com.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote