Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-14-2022, 05:22 PM   #1881
RansakWORK
Beast Machine
Re: GameStop.ca (formerly EB Games) Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Maybe they reached their preorder limit, either in quantity or time? I still have my preorder receipt from June 23.
I mentioned people had a receipt but they said it might of been preorderable in the first few days before it got changed. The store i went too (and i know the guy well) said he hasnt had any preorders for it yet.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 02:22 AM   #1882
Nyax78
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Now that Edge discount applies online and you don't have to hit the store after the fact to adjust it, GS is my #1 stop for pre-orders. Good sales are long-gone so if I want a figure, I'd at least like my 10% discount.

They just take longer. :\
Does the Edge discount work for online purchases? I've never gotten a platinum membership before because I read on the site that it is only for in store purchases. I don't get to an actual store very often because the closest one is like 40 minutes away and they usually don't have what I'm looking for. But if you could get discounts with online orders it would probably be worth getting.
Nyax78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 02:29 AM   #1883
Philtastic
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyax78 View Post
Does the Edge discount work for online purchases? I've never gotten a platinum membership before because I read on the site that it is only for in store purchases. I don't get to an actual store very often because the closest one is like 40 minutes away and they usually don't have what I'm looking for. But if you could get discounts with online orders it would probably be worth getting.
The Edge discount works online as of a few months ago. It's very convenient. Once logged in, you'll see the price with your Edge discount applied.

Or if you're not logged in, and you add regularly priced items to your cart, when you login to checkout, it will automatically apply the Edge discount.

You will also earn any applicable points for those purchases.

It is absolutely worth getting the Edge card. It pays for itself on the first purchase most of the time. Plus there are benefits for gaming, but I'm not a gamer, so I'm not very familiar with those.

Last edited by Philtastic; 07-15-2022 at 02:33 AM.
Philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 02:42 AM   #1884
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Yes you do.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 03:31 AM   #1885
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philtastic View Post
The Edge discount works online as of a few months ago. It's very convenient. Once logged in, you'll see the price with your Edge discount applied.

Or if you're not logged in, and you add regularly priced items to your cart, when you login to checkout, it will automatically apply the Edge discount.

You will also earn any applicable points for those purchases.

It is absolutely worth getting the Edge card. It pays for itself on the first purchase most of the time. Plus there are benefits for gaming, but I'm not a gamer, so I'm not very familiar with those.
So glad it changed to this system. Even store employees were baffled at why customers had to come in to do a return and rebuy for the discount, before
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 07:38 AM   #1886
Napseeker
Generation 2

Plus you had to make sure you bring in the receipt that was sent with your item, since the store wouldn't do the price adjustment unless they saw it (to confirm what price you originally paid, since their own system wasn't unified so that they could see it themselves).

The old way was a major pain in the ass. Glad that their online site now applies the discount automatically.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 09:13 AM   #1887
delrue
Crossover

Still think you have to go in store to purchase an Edge membership though, haven't found a way to do it online.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 12:05 AM   #1888
Nyax78
Generation 1

Thanks for the info guys. Went to the nearest gamestop today and got a Platinum Edge membership. Too bad I can't apply the discount to the 6 or 7 pre-orders I've already got. The store itself had little of interest as usual. A lift ticket, couple shattered glass figures, a couple Kingdom Tracks, some of those Dracula ones. They did have a Black Zarek for $159.99.
Old 07-16-2022, 12:11 AM   #1889
Philtastic
Beasty

Quote:
Thanks for the info guys. Went to the nearest gamestop today and got a Platinum Edge membership. Too bad I can't apply the discount to the 6 or 7 pre-orders I've already got. The store itself had little of interest as usual. A lift ticket, couple shattered glass figures, a couple Kingdom Tracks, some of those Dracula ones. They did have a Black Zarek for $159.99.
Once you receive your older pre-orders, you can take the shipping receipt into the store, and they will give you the discount.

You could also try calling the customer service line. They're usually pretty helpful, though I don't know if they can apply the discount to past online orders.
Philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 08:00 PM   #1890
Nyax78
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philtastic View Post
Once you receive your older pre-orders, you can take the shipping receipt into the store, and they will give you the discount.

You could also try calling the customer service line. They're usually pretty helpful, though I don't know if they can apply the discount to past online orders.
Good to know. Thanks!