Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-10-2022, 05:38 PM   #1
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Going to Montreal for a couple of days...recommended stores to check out

Hi all Montreal folks...

As per the title, I'm going to be going to Montreal for a couple of days next week and hoping to hit the best stores out there for used (or new/old) Transformers or such that aren't Walmarts/TrUs.

Flea markets, etc. would also be interesting.
Old 06-11-2022, 08:45 AM   #2
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus
Re: Going to Montreal for a couple of days...recommended stores to check out

When we used to go up there all the time before Covid, CMDStore was close to a Metro station in a quiet neighbourhood in Montreal...small place, nice staff...I believe the have a larger facility outside of town.

Not sure if the smaller shop is still there...but worth a visit. SciFi Anime that I think is on Crescent Street is also a nice shop, but mostly Gundam, not sure if they have Transformers.

Toysnowman is there, while he used to be on St Catherine, I think he moved to a larger place out of the centre of town a few months ago....Id recommend calling him to see where he can be found. Amir runs the place, great guy!

Might be worth posting on the Quebec thread as well if you need responses sooner. Let us know what you find, would love to know more places there myself.

Bonne voyage....
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 10:01 AM   #3
MahtimusPrime09
Shut up, Rattrap
MahtimusPrime09's Ebay Auctions

There’s a place in Laval called GeekStuff. Not sure if Laval is too far from where you’ll be staying but it’s definitely worth a visit just for the sheer volume of Transformers there. If I remember my last visit correctly, they had many Transformers, more than anything else in the store.

My Sales Thread
My Want List
My Collection
My Feedback Page
MahtimusPrime09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 10:59 AM   #4
Philtastic
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
When we used to go up there all the time before Covid, CMDStore was close to a Metro station in a quiet neighbourhood in Montreal...small place, nice staff...I believe the have a larger facility outside of town.

Not sure if the smaller shop is still there...but worth a visit. SciFi Anime that I think is on Crescent Street is also a nice shop, but mostly Gundam, not sure if they have Transformers.

Toysnowman is there, while he used to be on St Catherine, I think he moved to a larger place out of the centre of town a few months ago....Id recommend calling him to see where he can be found. Amir runs the place, great guy!

Might be worth posting on the Quebec thread as well if you need responses sooner. Let us know what you find, would love to know more places there myself.

Bonne voyage....
CMDStore doesn't have a retail space anymore. It's just a warehouse near the airport.

Toy Snowman is also a warehouse, but he lets people come in. However, it's closed on the weekend. Plus a lot of his inventory is already sold, waiting to ship out, so you can't just buy anything off the shelves.

There's OptikInfo on Wellington in Verdun. It's a PC parts and repair store with a Transformers section in back. Kinda random, but they have new and older lines. They're also closed on the weekends.

SciFi Anime is not on Crescent anymore, and is not offering local pickup for now. Also, they only carry model kits and accessories, no Transformers.

Honestly, Montreal isn't a great town for toy hunting, sorry to say. It's all the same TRU, GameStop, and WalMart. Otherwise it's online.
Philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 11:03 AM   #5
Philtastic
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post

Bonne voyage....
CMDStore doesn't have a retail space anymore. It's just a warehouse near the airport.

Toy Snowman is also a warehouse, but he lets people come in. However, it's closed on the weekend. Plus a lot of his inventory is already sold, waiting to ship out, so you can't just buy anything off the shelves.

There's OptikInfo on Wellington in Verdun. It's a PC parts and repair store with a Transformers section in back. Kinda random, but they new and older lines. They're also closed on the weekends.

SciFi Anime is not on Crescent anymore, and is not offering local pickup for now. Also, they only carry model kits and accessories, no Transformers.

Toy Boulevard on Decarie has Transformers Masterpiece stuff, but doesn't carry main line deluxes, leaders, etc… They do have lots of Funkos, NECA, and Diamond Select, though.

Honestly, Montreal isn't a great town for toy hunting, sorry to say. It's all the same TRU, GameStop, and WalMart. Otherwise it's online.
Philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 12:59 PM   #6
Skorpulator
Armada

Geekstuff in Laval should be your only stop.
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 01:21 PM   #7
Sunburst
Generation 1

+1 for geekstore. Went in february; always pleasing to see a wall full of used TFs for purchasing. (If you stumble upon that RotF Divebomb with broken leg, can you take a picture of it?)
Sunburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 11:11 PM   #8
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
Hi all Montreal folks...

As per the title, I'm going to be going to Montreal for a couple of days next week and hoping to hit the best stores out there for used (or new/old) Transformers or such that aren't Walmarts/TrUs.

Flea markets, etc. would also be interesting.
There's a good flea market on St Michel street, near St Michel Metro. i've found some fun deals on TFs in the past there. Open friday, saturday and sunday.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 03:51 PM   #9
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Thanks for the suggestions everyone (and keep them coming if there's more).

It's sad that there's so little now compared to before as I remember someone asking the same a while back and got many recommendations, but I knew times had changed...

I'll be sure to make the detour to Laval I believe.
Old 06-12-2022, 06:38 PM   #10
maximedumouchel
Generation 1

Boulevard des Jouets used to have some Transformers Masterpiece, but I have not been there in the last 4 years.
maximedumouchel is offline   Reply With Quote