Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-23-2016, 01:45 AM   #21
pandaprime
aficionado!
Re: Platinum Autobot Heroes Set - Walmart.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
See kids, this is why you shouldn't do drugs.
Save the money so you can buy overpriced Platinum figures?

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 08:27 AM   #22
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Full disclosure: If I didn't already have 4 out of 5 of these figures, I would probably buy this set at full price. Canada never got Arcee at retail, and the decos are really nice.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 01:24 PM   #23
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Walmart generally seems to do abitrary surprise rollbacks, often unadvertised, on toys. OH HAI LIOKAISER ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS FROOTICUS 75

I'm just going to wait a few days to see if it gets rolled back. If nope, getting it anyway.
Yeah and at other times they will never budge. Like that platinum Bee and Grimlock set from RID. It never went down from 75$ and eventually sold out (because that Grimlock was becoming more and more ridiculously priced on e-bay)
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 04:55 PM   #24
ToxicRequiem
Toxicon
Send a message via Skype™ to ToxicRequiem

Eh...I don't know...200$ for that? I'm kind of disappointed with Hasbro quality for the past decade but it's just kind of went straight down the shitter the past two, huh?

I have a few Titan's Return figures (including Powermaster Optimus) and if they're anywhere near the same quality, I'll pass. I'd rather just get another third-party again...got my first one recently and I got my wife hooked on them too after years of trying

I think I'll wait til I can get it for something like 130$ :P
ToxicRequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 06:34 PM   #25
Longshot
Pretender

Definitely be picking this up when it goes on massive discount, though only interested in Kup and Blurr as they are the only ones that I don't have in my collection.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 06:36 PM   #26
Black Spidey Boy
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
Definitely be picking this up when it goes on massive discount, though only interested in Kup and Blurr as they are the only ones that I don't have in my collection.
This set's deco is really nice, as some have already stated. I'm mostly interested in Ultra Magnus and Springer myself. I hope it gets discounted!
Black Spidey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 06:38 PM   #27
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicRequiem View Post
Eh...I don't know...200$ for that? I'm kind of disappointed with Hasbro quality for the past decade but it's just kind of went straight down the shitter the past two, huh?

I have a few Titan's Return figures (including Powermaster Optimus) and if they're anywhere near the same quality, I'll pass. I'd rather just get another third-party again...got my first one recently and I got my wife hooked on them too after years of trying
Were you around in 2012? That was by far the shittiest quality ever. Do you own WFC Soundwave, or his casettes, WFC Grimlock,WFC Shockwave or WFC Jazz? That is objectively the all time low for Hasbro. Quality picked up since then and Combiner Wars actually had some good plastic and even got bigger. Look at that voyager Prime, hes huge compared to previous voyagers. Quality is pretty decent now. There are duds here and there but I am so glad we are past the god awful hell of 2012.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 07:43 PM   #28
optimusb39
Animated

Quote:
Were you around in 2012? That was by far the shittiest quality ever. Do you own WFC Soundwave, or his casettes, WFC Grimlock,WFC Shockwave or WFC Jazz? That is objectively the all time low for Hasbro. Quality picked up since then and Combiner Wars actually had some good plastic and even got bigger. Look at that voyager Prime, hes huge compared to previous voyagers. Quality is pretty decent now. There are duds here and there but I am so glad we are past the god awful hell of 2012.
Let's not forget the box Era of cybertronian and armada. Anything they come out with today ( dare I say even combiner wars?) Is far superior design than the colourful brick bots we got back then...
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 08:10 PM   #29
damnu
Generation 2

Quote:
Eh, I think you mean FOC figures.
WFC Soundwave (deluxe class) is one of the best deluxes out there IMO.

And yes, I agree that was the worst period of TF toys in recent years, though I find FOC Blaster to be alright.
damnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 08:20 PM   #30
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Boxing Day, same price!!! is Hasbro delusional with their prices?