Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-22-2016, 03:29 PM   #11
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Platinum Autobot Heroes Set - Walmart.ca

Eh if it's not on sale on boxing day I'm paying full price. I want this set. It's overpriced as is all platinum stuff, albeit less ridiculous than some. Albeit part 2: getting arcee is going to run a person 40-50 on her own.

Magnus is an amazing deco and i want a second, different one for my shelves. A second arcee is awesome and looks more classic movie. The first more IDW. A friend of mine needs all the blurrs so he's grabbing that and kup. Springer is the odd man out. It's one of my all-time favorite characters and toys so what the heck. One movie display, one for wreckers.

=D

(what's the going secondary market rates for springer, kup, and blurr? I don't think are going for less than original retail. A carded blurr is probably thirty. And I still like this version more than Titans return).

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 03:45 PM   #12
Marcotron
Robot Master

Don't forget the cost of the shiny metallic paint...
I still want to know if Arcee comes with her two guns, or just the swords.
I think that if you are interested in this set, then where have you been for the past five years to not have gotten your hands on at least half of these figures.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 04:05 PM   #13
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
Don't forget the cost of the shiny metallic paint...
I still want to know if Arcee comes with her two guns, or just the swords.
I think that if you are interested in this set, then where have you been for the past five years to not have gotten your hands on at least half of these figures.
Arcee was never at Canadian retail. It's very reasonable for a collector only getting into or back into tfs to have missed out on blurr and kup. They were 6 and 7 years ago now. Springer was easy to find but he left retail 3 years ago already.

I'm not justifying the price or convincing anybody to get at. you're absolutely right, many collectors who would want these figures already have them. It is a very solid assortment of good toys with nice decos (not like that junk planet of junk set - junkion mold is nice but they all looked horrible), and for those who missed out on some, esp arcee, it's a good combo.

Ofc Titans return has blurr and an upcoming kup for cheap if people want to go that direction. Shame about blurrs lame deco. Great toy and the Takara deco is PERFECT.

Old 12-22-2016, 04:11 PM   #14
Magnus
City Commander
Send a message via MSN to Magnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Eh if it's not on sale on boxing day I'm paying full price. I want this set. It's overpriced as is all platinum stuff, albeit less ridiculous than some. Albeit part 2: getting arcee is going to run a person 40-50 on her own.
^What he said, I'll wait a little to see if the price drops, but I ain't gonna wait long.

Quote:
Magnus is an amazing deco and i want a second, different one for my shelves. A second arcee is awesome and looks more classic movie. The first more IDW. A friend of mine needs all the blurrs so he's grabbing that and kup. Springer is the odd man out. It's one of my all-time favorite characters and toys so what the heck. One movie display, one for wreckers.

=D
Definitely keeping the Magnus, not sure about the rest, I imght break it up or just display it as a Movie group shot... still undecided. But I've been waiting on this set since I first saw the pics.
Earthrise - Centurion Drone set, Thrust, Runabout
Kingdom - GS Galvatron, Road Rage
Masterpiece - MP-19+ Smokescreen, MP-20+ Wheeljack, MP-39+ Spinout
3P: MMC Commotus

"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy - okay, give me the bomb." - Ultra Magnus

My feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ghlight=Magnus
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 04:43 PM   #15
Marcotron
Robot Master

Quote:
Arcee was never at Canadian retail. It's very reasonable for a collector only getting into or back into tfs to have missed out on blurr and kup. They were 6 and 7 years ago now. Springer was easy to find but he left retail 3 years ago already.

I'm not justifying the price or convincing anybody to get at. you're absolutely right, many collectors who would want these figures already have them. It is a very solid assortment of good toys with nice decos (not like that junk planet of junk set - junkion mold is nice but they all looked horrible), and for those who missed out on some, esp arcee, it's a good combo.

Ofc Titans return has blurr and an upcoming kup for cheap if people want to go that direction. Shame about blurrs lame deco. Great toy and the Takara deco is PERFECT.
I got Arcee for $40 about a year ago. I like the black on her. This set has her mostly white and pink like the takara version.
I've already replaced generations blurr with TR blurr on my 86 movie shelf. I'm probably going to do the same with Kup, and maybe hot rod too, I just have to get over the spoiler on his back being really low (or get the MP toy)
Springer is by far one of the best toys Hasbro has made in recent years. so a shiny version is good.
Ultra Magnus, also good in shiny paint...

It's a good set, and in terms of these platinum sets, is probably the least nonsensical, and only slightly too pricey for me to actually pick it up.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 06:48 PM   #16
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast

Quote:
Eh if it's not on sale on boxing day I'm paying full price...
I have not found any boxing day TF sales. At least not over the last 10 years or so. The sales seems to happen in October.

I'm just happy that I picked up these figures when they were at individual retail.
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 06:58 PM   #17
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jove View Post
I have not found any boxing day TF sales. At least not over the last 10 years or so. The sales seems to happen in October.

I'm just happy that I picked up these figures when they were at individual retail.
Walmart generally seems to do abitrary surprise rollbacks, often unadvertised, on toys. OH HAI LIOKAISER ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS FROOTICUS 75

I'm just going to wait a few days to see if it gets rolled back. If nope, getting it anyway.

Old 12-22-2016, 07:54 PM   #18
Poflymn
Beast Machine
Poflymn's Ebay Auctions

Now avialable online for $159.97...

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/transfor.../6000196611276
Poflymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 08:02 PM   #19
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poflymn View Post

totally awesome except the price!

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 01:15 AM   #20
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poflymn View Post

See kids, this is why you shouldn't do drugs.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote