Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-19-2015, 03:18 PM   #11
laffy
Crossover
Re: The Parenting Thread

OMG the best feeling the the world is seeing your kids go though what we have been though as kids... i have an 11 year old boy and a 7 year old girl and they both have their own transformers and I collect mainly g1 and MPs and my wife lets me keep our display in the living room (lol I know im lucky as hell) anyway the main collection is the familys and my kids are allowed to play with them from time to time but they know not to transformer them and they pay only in the living room and only when asked .. its funny as my girl likes to take my g1 dinobots and predakons with tryptcon and make a zoo and play that way its so sweet... in the end yes its a collection but it sure does not hurt having kids playing with them from time to time baring they respect and take it easy.. (they have their own transformers to play hard with).
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:18 PM   #12
there_is_a_martens
Beast Machine

Congrats man, first of all. To answer your question I keep most of my collection on the higher shelves, sort of an out-of-sight, out of mind approach. I have several transformers cars in a basket on the floor that my son can get into. He's special needs so he mostly just drives them around and throws them. He actually gets offended when I transform them into robot mode :-) The rest of my collection only comes down when the nieces and nephews come over and we all play together. I gotta do something to enforce the "cool uncle" image, after all.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:31 PM   #13
carissa
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
its funny as my girl likes to take my g1 dinobots and predakons with tryptcon and make a zoo and play that way its so sweet...
Haha, my daughter gathers up her MLPs and her Predacons (BH line) and they play school or something. LOL
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:31 PM   #14
bishop
Generation 2

Favorite toy of all time. Complete with sound.

Some quotes - over and over again:
"Autobot transform and roll out"
"I want you to make a special run to autobot city"
"Megatron must be stopped"
"All we need is a little energon and a lot of luck"

bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:46 PM   #15
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissa View Post
Haha, my daughter gathers up her MLPs and her Predacons (BH line) and they play school or something. LOL
omg school thats just too cute.... isnt it nuts what our girls can come up with lol
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:47 PM   #16
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

I have established rules. Anything on my shelves in my room is off limits. I have some "non-collectible" TFs in a box for when they want to play with them or when other kids visit.
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:48 PM   #17
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop View Post
Favorite toy of all time. Complete with sound.
But sadly, not Cullen's voice.

Fear not, for your child need not be deprived. Get them this and Cullen's genuine dulcet tones can soothe their little brainwashed ears...

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 04:08 PM   #18
carissa
Energon

Not sure about dulcet, but sexy yes.
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 04:12 PM   #19
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

I am going to be a first time Daddy to and this thread is awesome mine is due Sept .3. There are a lot of great hints and now I have to start having my wife watch the G1 toon more often.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 04:44 PM   #20
Omegatron
Gen 1

My two kids are 7 and 5. The eldest is a boy and loves transformers almost as much as I do. He's a bit rough though so he has his own toys. Off course he also wants to borrow mine so I have some I let him play with as a special treat and others I won't let him play with. G1 is off limits, so is masterpiece, I usually tell him they cost too much to break (even by accident), which he seems to understand. I'll let him play with the Unicron trilogy stuff though. Later I'll probably let him play with Alternators and some of the more complex stuff that I can live with if he breaks but he's not ready for the complex transformation yet.

My daughter is not interested in Transformers (if it's not stuffed or named Elsa she doesn't care). I love her anyway though, there is no accounting for taste.
Omegatron is offline   Reply With Quote