Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 12-08-2010, 07:37 PM   #11
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: Transformers Prime Continuity Clarification from Hasbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises View Post
Why does it need to be a stand-alone?If they do it right it might be a wonderful tie to the continuity.

And why is it a self-defeating idea?
Because it makes no sense. Look at Bumblebee and his look, voice and such in WFC. Now look at Bumblebee in Prime.

WFC clearly looked towards G1 for its inspiration, the other clearly takes its inspiration from the Movieverse.

Lets compare that to Beast Wars, which had a completely original cast even if it reused the Prime & Megatron designations.

Beast Wars wasn't trying to tell us that the Wasp character is Thundercracker, or that the Rat character is Wheeljack.

Thats what Hasbro is doing with the continuity nonsense.. Its saying Bumblebee, Starscream, Megatron & more are the same characters in WFC that they are in Prime, and it just doesn't work on that level.

It's better to have them seperate unto themsleves so that events from one story don't tie the hands of the other.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:39 PM   #12
dancybak
Generation 1
dancybak's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Because it makes no sense. Look at Bumblebee and his look, voice and such in WFC. Now look at Bumblebee in Prime.

WFC clearly looked towards G1 for its inspiration, the other clearly takes its inspiration from the Movieverse.

Lets compare that to Beast Wars, which had a completely original cast even if it reused the Prime & Megatron designations.

Beast Wars wasn't trying to tell us that the Wasp character is Thundercracker, or that the Rat character is Wheeljack.

Thats what Hasbro is doing with the continuity nonsense.. Its saying Bumblebee, Starscream, Megatron & more are the same characters in WFC that they are in Prime, and it just doesn't work on that level.

It's better to have them seperate unto themsleves so that events from one story don't tie the hands of the other.
Great comments. I agree.
dancybak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:53 PM   #13
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joalro View Post
Linear Algebra ain't that bad. Least, not until you combine it with calculus. Eingenfuntions anyone?
No thanks. It's been a while but calculating eigenvalues and corrisponding spaces was fine and so was calculus up to triple integerals, but the thought of putting them both together makes my brain hurt.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:48 PM   #14
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Quote:

I'll give the series more time before I have a complete notion of agreeing with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:11 PM   #15
keanu577
11 year old fan.

What I don't get is Megatron needs to get the Dark Energon again. He already got in on War for Cybertron!
Old 12-08-2010, 10:19 PM   #16
Larkhainan
Robot in Disguise

You can easily explain anything like this with I DIDN'T REMEMBER THAT, MUST HAVE FORGOTTEN IT WHEN I HIT MY HEAD / went into stasis lock / long trip / did too much acid / energon bender / I don't even have a mouth

In other words you simply explain how they screwed up the canon by implying the robots did whatever the writers did to be able to miss something as glaring and huge as using the same plot device but ascribing to it different qualities. You can fix most of the issues just by giving Dark Energon a different name in Prime. Name it Blood of Unicron bam, most issues fixed.

As for body issues, those don't really mean anything. WFC is supposed to be thousands or more years in the past, isn't it?

Also there's more than X Autobots, they said they'll add more cast as they go beast wars style. This is a Transformers cartoon, it's here to sell toys, not develop five characters meticulously over five seasons
Larkhainan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:44 PM   #17
Joalro
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhainan View Post
As for body issues, those don't really mean anything. WFC is supposed to be thousands or more years in the past, isn't it?
Millions. And I agree.
Joalro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:46 PM   #18
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:

What about BW Ravage? same character but the look was completely different, 1 was classic G1 metallic edge-panels and the other was an organic Russian circus bear.

If you take BW to be in the same continuity as G1, then the TF Prime/WFC connection isn't any more of a stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises View Post
I'll give the series more time before I have a complete notion of agreeing with you.
TeeHee-ous!!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:51 PM   #19
JLvatron
Chosen 1

As for Hasbro's official answer, just take it with a grain of salt either way.
Remember that they said the Cybertron cartoon was in the same continuity as Armada & Energon, although in Cybertron:

-Op. Prime & his Autobots come to Earth for the 1st time.
-Humans never saw Transformers before

all this after 2 cartoon series' worth of TF's on Earth working with humans. Not to mention the unexplained form of Megatron after Galvatron's fate in Energon.

Grain of salt, folks. Grain of salt.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:24 PM   #20
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
What about BW Ravage? same character but the look was completely different, 1 was classic G1 metallic edge-panels and the other was an organic Russian circus bear.

If you take BW to be in the same continuity as G1, then the TF Prime/WFC connection isn't any more of a stretch.
This is what I was thinking a few days ago.If Orci,Kurtzman,Kline,and co. are going with a similar concept that DiTillo and Foward did more than a decade ago,they can properly retcon and place Prime in the same continuity as WfC/Exodus...what they need is a strong idea that can connect the two together,and Beast Wars Ravage was a great example.All the writers need to do is make a good,sensible build up,and the Blood of Unicron is a start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote