Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-27-2014, 03:38 PM   #21
screamer
Generation 1
Re: Collecting Masterpieces

Only collect the MPs I like. Don't like the smaller scale / plastic wheels but still worthy to collect.

No 3rd parties nor exclusive re-paints. Only Has & TT.

Kept MISB except MP01 which is display within glass case.

Yes, we do need a v2 Megatron!!!
screamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:34 PM   #22
stinky
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazemanpress View Post

1. Do you collect all masterpieces that are released? or certain ones?

2 Do you try to be G1 cartoon accurate and collect all the Autobots/Deceptions that appeared in the original Ark(season1) along with other seasons and the movie? or just the ones that appeal to you?

3. How are the 3rd Party Masterpieces? do you recommend them? which is good line to go with E-hobby, Henkei and Igear?

How is the PP05 (ironhide) and PP05M (Ratchet)

4. How do you display your Masterpiece? and do you have a background or dioramas for them - Ark background or Teletraan1?
1. i collect the ones i like which is pretty much all of them. lol. i didn't start collecting until mp5 came out so i have 5 thru 9 then 12 to 19. i do have the hasbro mp1 and 10 as well as grimlock, hot rod, thundercracker, starscream, skywarp, acid storm and now the yoth horse prime. hopefully we will get starscream again soon.

2. i collect the original cast for sure, than additional ones if i like the mold. should get g2 sideswipe and soundblaster tomorrow.

3. dont do much with third party. spend enough as it is.

4. have mine in display cabinets
stinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:45 PM   #23
Commandoclone87
Seeker

Quote:
Hey fellow Transformers Fans,

I had couple questions being a bit of newbie on collecting the master pieces line, they are amazing feels like they came out of the cartoon.

2 Do you try to be G1 cartoon accurate and collect all the Autobots/Deceptions that appeared in the original Ark(season1) along with other seasons and the movie? or just the ones that appeal to you?

3. How are the 3rd Party Masterpieces? do you recommend them? which is good line to go with E-hobby, Henkei and Igear?

How is the PP05 (ironhide) and PP05M (Ratchet)

4. How do you display your Masterpiece? and do you have a background or dioramas for them - Ark background or Teletraan1?

THanks for your feedback

Faze

Went from Just Thundercracker to this since October.

1 - I do try to keep to the show characters, but MP10B and Hasbro MP01 were good deals.

2 - See number 1.

3 - Haven't had any to judge for myself.

4 - See photos above.
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:37 PM   #24
Magnus
City Commander
Send a message via MSN to Magnus

I tend to go for most of the G1 MPs. I had an MP-01 which I traded in for an MP-04. I also don't have MP-11 Starscream (New mold), nor do I have Nemesis Prime and Nemesis Rodimus, but every other MP is in my collection (a Hasbro or Takara version) or is awaiting release

G1 cartoon accurate

None, Transformers are expensive enough as it is, I don't need to tack on 3rd-party stuff. I drew a line. loll

Mix of Detolf and other forms of display cabs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arMadillo View Post
I also use Detolf and I have Dreamwave's Transformers issues 1-6 in rigid plastic sleeves as backgrounds. There are multiple covers for each issue. They look amazing and fill in as a visual representation of some of the figures I don't have yet.
Oh man, those covers were AMAZING!!!
Earthrise - Centurion Drone set, Thrust, Runabout
Kingdom - GS Galvatron, Road Rage
Masterpiece - MP-19+ Smokescreen, MP-20+ Wheeljack, MP-39+ Spinout
3P: MMC Commotus

"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy - okay, give me the bomb." - Ultra Magnus

My feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ghlight=Magnus
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:02 PM   #25
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
I was planning on collecting all, beginning with MP-08 Grimlock but hit an early speed bump when I picked up Hasbro Rodimus. He's fantastic looking but I'm too scared to tinker with him, hence why he's up for grabs. Managed to get all 5 Seeker characters but opted out of all of the Datsuns because Bluestreak and Smokescreen didn't interest me as much as Prowl does.

So I guess I'm collecting by character rather than as a completist now. With that said I did pickup MP-10B and MP-13B because I'm a sucker for black repaints, though MP-10B is now "Megatron" in my collection.

Last edited by jjwankenobi; 04-02-2014 at 03:09 PM.
jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote