Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-01-2017, 06:01 PM   #51
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
Re: Leading bidder on eBay

Well well well...I received an email from eBay saying that the bid winner didn't get the item. Now, the seller is giving me a second chance in getting Toyworld Hegemon at 119$, which wasn't my offer. My initial offer was 90$. Now I have 2 options, get him at 119$ or look around. The second chance offer expires tonight at 11:30 pm.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:25 PM   #52
steamwhistle
Crossover

I don't like such pressure sales.
If I was bidding and $90 was my max, I wouldn't go for the "second-chance offer" to pay more than what I wanted.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:35 PM   #53
B13
I.Prefer.Decepticons

It was, you offered 119$ before you got outbid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
Now, the seller is giving me a second chance in getting Toyworld Hegemon at 119$, which wasn't my offer.

Last edited by B13; 02-01-2017 at 06:45 PM.
B13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:59 PM   #54
Dangard Ace
Masterpiece

I agree with B13. They can only offer to sell it to you at a price you bid at not at a higher bidding price. There's no pressure sale.

at this point it's your choice of yes or no.
Dangard Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:04 PM   #55
steamwhistle
Crossover

Is it possible that the supposed high-bidder is just a "fake"? Perhaps the seller using an account to find out the highest amount others are willing to bid? Seems sketchy to me... It's happened to me a number of times -- Being outbid and receiving a second-chance offer in a similar manner. I have always declined.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:15 PM   #56
Hoffman
Generation 1

Why would they offer it to you at your opening bid? A third bidder was the one that got you to $119. If the non-paying bidder hadn't bid, you would have won it at $119. If you only wanted to pay $90, you still would have lost.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:31 PM   #57
python
Alternator

He bid against someone who either didn't pay or doesn't exist.

When I have these "second chances" I offer just above what the next bidder would win with. In this case, with minimum increase of $2.50, I would tell him I would pay $108.50 - or he can relist.

This is what he would have won with (most likely) if the non-payer did not get involved.

Counter $108.50
python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:52 PM   #58
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by python View Post
He bid against someone who either didn't pay or doesn't exist.

When I have these "second chances" I offer just above what the next bidder would win with. In this case, with minimum increase of $2.50, I would tell him I would pay $108.50 - or he can relist.

This is what he would have won with (most likely) if the non-payer did not get involved.

Counter $108.50
Incorrect. The winning bidder had a higher maximum amount that they were willing to bid with all along. If you open up the automatic bids that are hidden by default, you'll see the winning bidder had placed their max bid on 29-Jan-17 18:54:32 EST.

See this link here instead to view automated bidding history

Between Ironwave and the 3rd bidder that got involved, neither of them could outbid the max bid that the winner chose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
Why would they offer it to you at your opening bid? A third bidder was the one that got you to $119. If the non-paying bidder hadn't bid, you would have won it at $119. If you only wanted to pay $90, you still would have lost.
This is absolutely correct. B13 is in the right here that Ironwave's most recent offer of $119.00 was the 2nd highest bid prior to losing to the winner when time expired. We can see there that Ironwave even tried to snipe-bump the bid too with 2 seconds to go before the auction ended, but it just wasn't high enough was all. Time to put up or pass.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 09:02 PM   #59
Msol
Titanium

I'm in love with this thread.
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 09:11 PM   #60
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
This is absolutely correct. B13 is in the right here that Ironwave's most recent offer of $119.00 was the 2nd highest bid prior to losing to the winner when time expired. We can see there that Ironwave even tried to snipe-bump the bid too with 2 seconds to go before the auction ended, but it just wasn't high enough was all. Time to put up or pass.
Thirded. If you were willing to pay $119 two seconds before it ended, you can pay the $119 now. You didn't win, there's no obligation, but if you were going to buy the figure at that price then IDK why there's suddenly so much doubt and second guessing... if that $119 bid had won, you wouldn't have such luxury of choice right now. If you think it's too rich for your blood then why even submit the bid in the first place

If I found myself in this situation, I'd be ecstatic.
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote