Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-16-2014, 12:27 PM   #11
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag
Re: FPcore Steel Core Trailer

The whole "limited number", "premium membership" thing is just bullshit to me. It's a trailer. And as far as we know, just a trailer. A box with wheels to store your additional "Not-Powermaster" dudes, which is most likely what the other 3 "free" figures will be. They'd be insane to include anything larger such as a repaints of Defender, Assaulter, and Revolver. Why not just put it out there as a straight product pre-order? "Steelcore trailer. Comes with 3 mini-core figures." Because they know nobody is going to buy the plastic. They're only going to buy the hype.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:31 PM   #12
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

wow, marketing? who does that anymore!? jeez.

i'm @bedtime_ on twitter.
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:51 PM   #13
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

The trailer opens up at both ends, holds 6 Solerons, the trailer can split in half, two guns pop out of the front where it connets to Steel, it DOES NOT combine with anything.

There is one other little surprise that I thought was pretty cool, but I'm not spilling the beans on it.

Oh, and the membership. You're going to want to hang on to it, you might not get it back if you don't.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:10 PM   #14
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedtime View Post
wow, marketing? who does that anymore!? jeez.
I'm not criticizing their marketing. I'm just saying people shouldn't get their hopes up or be blinded by flashy words like "limited" and "premium".

I like the original Steelcore. But it was a fluke. It was an original figure in a business that's based on co-oping existing TF characters. It's a great figure, but I see no reason for a trailer or extra core figures. Sometimes less is more.

There might have been a place for this years ago. Especially if FansProject continued to produce their own original figures not directly based on existing TFs. Which I would have loved to see, BTW. Even if it was just repaints of Defender and Assaulter in interesting colors.

But nowadays, with tons and tons of great official and unofficial products out there, there's no reason to go back and buy an add-on for something like Steelcore. It's like buying a new faceplate for your Xbox 360. Yeah, I still play 360, but the ONE is current gen. No reason to invest money into a product for a past gen system that only adds aesthetic value.

And with so many 3rd party companies these days, FansProject's name as a brand doesn't mean so much anymore. Don't get me wrong. They do amazing stuff. I'll certainly buy their Quickswitch and Sixknight when I get the chance. But there's kind of a brand dilution in the 3rd party market right now. There's so many companies doing so much, it's almost impossible to keep them separate. And that effects public opinion. It dilutes it. Muddies it. FansProject can't be Coke when there's a million other Cokes and Pepsis out there.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:42 PM   #15
Pascal
Banned

FP is still the only 3rd company I want all the products from. And probably FT at this point. The others, it varies.

I'm glad they're making a trailer, even if it doesn't do much, because Steelcore does look incomplete when you look at his rear section in alt mode.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:10 PM   #16
KoreanInferno
Alternator

Ok, so this might be FP hiding behind an omission, but no where does it say that the trailer comes with any of the extra Cores that were debuted at previous conventions. There were supposed to be 3 different colored Cores to put into the trailer. That's the exact number of figures coming with a subscription.
This also explains why you pay for shipping once. The Cores that they'll send you during the year, shipping costs should be miniscule. If there was confirmation that the 3 Cores were included with the trailer and then another 3 figures on top of that I'd consider getting it.
KoreanInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:59 PM   #17
Pascal
Banned

If they ship the cores boxed, whether the box weighs 5 grams or 500 grams, shipping will be the same. That's how Canada Post works.

Vancouver-Quebec / 30 x 30 x 30 cm / 5 grams: 22.09
Vancouver-Quebec / 30 x 30 x 30 cm / 50 grams: 22.09
Vancouver-Quebec / 30 x 30 x 30 cm / 500 grams: 22.09
Vancouver-Quebec / 30 x 30 x 30 cm / 1000 grams: 22.09
Vancouver-Quebec / 30 x 30 x 30 cm / 1500 grams: 22.09
Vancouver-Quebec / 30 x 30 x 30 cm / 2500 grams: 22.09
Vancouver-Quebec / 30 x 30 x 30 cm / 5000 grams: 22.94

Reducing the box size to 25 x 25 x 25 cm for 2500 grams or less = 19.54
Reducing the box size to 20 x 20 x 20 cm for 2500 grams or less = 18.69
Reducing the box size to 15 x 15 x 15 cm for 2500 grams or less = 18.69

You don't save much...

Last edited by Pascal; 09-17-2014 at 12:02 AM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:29 AM   #18
Slayback
Animated

I'm just going to disagree with Ultra Primal on a few things.. well a lot. Pure opinion because i think you've generalized just a bit.

People collect old stuff - why? because its what they collect. As a dealer yourself - you should know that people still buy older figures - it doesnt make those figures obsolete - it makes them a collectible. It goes in their collection for whatever purposes. So what if its an add-on. It makes the figure look -whatever way someone wants to look at it. it seeks to improve.

FP's name isnt as important anymore? I'm not sure how you've determined that. Sure theres a ton of companies that are doing a variable amount of figures - some in direct competition over the same characters, but i have yet to see a company that has commanded the demand with as many figures that they've put out. You're talking about FP - how many figues have they put out now? let's see 5 for the stunticons. 3 for Bruticus. 3 for the instecticons. (i'm not doing recolours), Add on kit for cliffjumper, the 3 headmasters, 2 dinos. the g1-styled whatever they were called prehistoric guys... That's a lot for a company that you're saying is in diluted waters. There might seem to be a lot of 3rd party companies -but its not that hard to see which figures will last and which wont. Lumping them all together and saying they're all the same is pretty ludicrous with all due respect.

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:09 PM   #19
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoreanInferno View Post
Ok, so this might be FP hiding behind an omission, but no where does it say that the trailer comes with any of the extra Cores that were debuted at previous conventions. There were supposed to be 3 different colored Cores to put into the trailer. That's the exact number of figures coming with a subscription.
This also explains why you pay for shipping once. The Cores that they'll send you during the year, shipping costs should be miniscule. If there was confirmation that the 3 Cores were included with the trailer and then another 3 figures on top of that I'd consider getting it.
It will come with two Solerons, not three. Mind you they might have an extra one coming somewhere down the pipeline but who knows.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:39 PM   #20
KoreanInferno
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
It will come with two Solerons, not three. Mind you they might have an extra one coming somewhere down the pipeline but who knows.
My mistake, so it comes with 2? Maybe there won't be another one later if the trailer holds 6 and there's already cores for Steelcore, Revolvercore, Riftshot and Recoiler.
KoreanInferno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fansproject, fpcore, steelcore