Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-23-2007, 04:02 PM   #11
bruisedlee
Robot in Disguise
Re: Canadian Toy Gun Laws??

Still waiting.

Frig its said

International item has been sent to Canadian Customs for processing

For almost 2 weeks. So frustrating. I really thought it would be here by now.
bruisedlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:25 AM   #12
bruisedlee
Robot in Disguise

Well I finally got a notice from Customs on Friday, I phoned them this morning.

They said the reason for detention was that it turned into a realistic looking firearm.

But it is ok because it is Oversized.

I asked if it was the same size as a regular gun would it have been prohibited, and he said yes.

Theres something I didn't know.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:56 AM   #13
lars573
Energon

I haven't been able to find any laws on toy guns. But I have found that "replica fire arms" (that is an exact reproduction in terms of size and look) is flat out banned. Your not allowed to own them.

The G1 style Megatron toys get around this as the reissue is undersized, and the masterpiece is oversized.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:58 AM   #14
bruisedlee
Robot in Disguise

That explains how my wife was able to get a hold of G1 megatron for my birthday a few years ago.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:53 AM   #15
bruisedlee
Robot in Disguise

Well it finally came and boy am I frustrated.

I'm happy that it is here, but I opened up the box and it was mistransformed. 1 fist in, one out pieces pulled off. It was horrible. Nothing broken, but it was obvious that they had messed around with it at customs and didn't try to get it back the way it was.

So I tried to reassemble it so that it would fit back in the box and I found that 1 piece was missing. Once of the shoulder pads that becomes the back end of the gun.

Sooooo annnooooying.

Anyway, I have been trying to call them all morning, I have my customs number and their phone number. But yet to get an answer.

Damn it!
Old 11-09-2007, 12:06 PM   #16
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier

just wondering but why would you not get this from an Canadian retailer? Someone who has already imported them?

I have been working with my customs people here about all the new stuff up and comming. They dont like the Encore Megs because it is too close to the original size of the pistol but I am working to see if there is a way around that. The MP-05 is not a problem, as stated, it is oversized. As for the Japanese release of the Classics, i have been concerned about that one but was relieved that I found out this week that there will be no problem with it as it has already been released in Canada. Colour does not matter as long as the toy has already been released.

I am trying to work with that one and the Encore figure, as it too has already been released once in Canada. We will see what happens.

Spencer.
www.agesthreeandup.ca
agesthreeandup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:16 PM   #17
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruisedlee View Post
Well it finally came and boy am I frustrated.

I'm happy that it is here, but I opened up the box and it was mistransformed. 1 fist in, one out pieces pulled off. It was horrible. Nothing broken, but it was obvious that they had messed around with it at customs and didn't try to get it back the way it was.

So I tried to reassemble it so that it would fit back in the box and I found that 1 piece was missing. Once of the shoulder pads that becomes the back end of the gun.

Sooooo annnooooying.

Anyway, I have been trying to call them all morning, I have my customs number and their phone number. But yet to get an answer.

Damn it!

Sorry to hear about your Megs...mine was in relitivly good shape when it came in last week. The two plastic shoulders were pulled off though...

now to see if I can get the red plug out...
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:23 PM   #18
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

I'm kind of confused why they need to fiddle with it when they open the box and see a giant plastic robot? I understand inspecting it... but trying to transform it is crazy talk at the best of time (I'm still sad I have not been able to transform mine).

Spencer: Do you know the colour of the Takara Classic Megatron?

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:29 PM   #19
bruisedlee
Robot in Disguise

Spencer,

At the time I was looking around for a canadian retailer, and I was having difficulty finding one that wasn't sold out, so I looked elsewhere. If I had realized that you were carrying it soon I probably would have held off.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:55 PM   #20
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

[quote=jourdo;28894]I'm kind of confused why they need to fiddle with it when they open the box and see a giant plastic robot? I understand inspecting it... but trying to transform it is crazy talk at the best of time (I'm still sad I have not been able to transform mine).
quote]

I wonder if mine was only handled to insert the red plug?

And I have not transformed mine either...I am too scared to do it.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote