Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 02-05-2021, 02:00 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Possible New Transformers War For Cybertron, Cyberververse, Studio Series & Rescue Bo

2005 Board member Pixelmaster*has shared in our boards an image revealing some possible new Transformers War For Cybertron, Cyberververse, Studio Series & Rescue Bots listings. This is quite a long list showing*retail product code listings. As usual, take this with a grain of salt until we find and official confirmation. Some of the items have been rumored before and others are new possible releases and exclusives. Read on for the most remarkable items: TRA GEN WFC K TITAN CLASS ARK TRA GEN WFC K COMMANDER CLASS RODIMUS PRIME TRA TARGET LEADER T-WRECKS MAXIMAL TYRANNOSAURUS TRA TARGET GEN WFC KINGDOM 4 » Continue Reading.

The post Possible New Transformers War For Cybertron, Cyberververse, Studio Series & Rescue Bots Listings appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 02-05-2021, 03:06 PM   #2
Brian12
Machine War
Re: Possible New Transformers War For Cybertron, Cyberververse, Studio Series & Rescu

I'm most excited for T-Wrecks, I don't even have Kingdom Megs yet but the mold looks so good I've decided I want all the repaints! Being a target exclusive however...I wonder what store will sell him here? TRU maybe?

They usually have the Target exclusives but the lockdown here made it so they've been open for only curbside pickup and for some reason they haven't gotten any new TF stock in ages. Hopefully the lockdown is lifted by then, but I kinda doubt it.
Brian12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 03:21 PM   #3
delrue
Crossover
Re: Possible New Transformers War For Cybertron, Cyberververse, Studio Series & Rescu

I'm gonna guess that the "4-Pack" will be a pack of Core class repaints. Probably Skywarp + Thundercracker and then maybe an Optimus and Megs? Is this where Packrat will be found?

Quote:
and for some reason they haven't gotten any new TF stock in ages.
I've wondered if they're just prioritizing different stock in their limited warehouse space right now. Lots of kids cooped up at home needing things to do. Their website has little Transformer stock but you look at the Lego section and there's tonnes of sets available.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 03:56 PM   #4
Marcotron
Robot Master

Commander Class Rodimus?
Anyone want to bet it's the "voyager" SS86 Hot Rod with slippers?
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 04:14 PM   #5
Omegatron
Gen 1

Commander sized Rodimus Prime sounds nice but seems a bit of a miss to me. I think it could have been done leader sized. However, with the current quantity of plastic used at the leader price point that might not have done the trailer justice (see Earthrise Prime for details).

Still I think the Commander size should have been Optimal Optimus. To me that character's the right size for the Commander treatment and it would have fit the Kingdom theme. Also the not so old leader class isn't quite impressive enough.
Omegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 04:31 PM   #6
Marcotron
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegatron View Post
Commander sized Rodimus Prime sounds nice but seems a bit of a miss to me. I think it could have been done leader sized. However, with the current quantity of plastic used at the leader price point that might not have done the trailer justice (see Earthrise Prime for details).

Still I think the Commander size should have been Optimal Optimus. To me that character's the right size for the Commander treatment and it would have fit the Kingdom theme. Also the not so old leader class isn't quite impressive enough.
This is exactly the problem I have with this. I just bought this guy less than two years ago. Now they want me to get excited over another version of him? It makes me regret going out of my way to find and buy the potp version. I can understand the update on the seekers from the classic deluxe to the new voyager size, but this one just seems excessive.

Optimal Optimus from potp was fine looking. I passed on it because I have the original (got a sweet deal on it at TFcon about 6 or 7 years ago). But if I didn't, I probably would have picked up the leader potp version. I rarely ever remove Optimal Optimus from the cabinet, because I'm too afraid to chip the shiny paint.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 04:41 PM   #7
Omegatron
Gen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
Optimal Optimus from potp was fine looking. I passed on it because I have the original (got a sweet deal on it at TFcon about 6 or 7 years ago).
I have the original too and that's precisely my point, its much more impressive than the POTP version. You're right the POTP version is O.K., though I did want an inner robot alternate mode. However, when you stand the two together there is no comparison.
Omegatron is offline   Reply With Quote