Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Collections Spotlight

Old 11-28-2017, 03:46 PM   #31
Omegatron
Gen 1
Re: Omegatron's new Collection Cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGrimlock View Post
WOW, WOW and WOW.... very nice job on everything!!!
Thank you for the above quote, and to everyone else who recently commented on your kind words, I really do appreciate it.

This room has been much wished for by me for years and now that its here I'm glad my fellow fans think I did a good job.

O.K. enough patting myself on the back, on to the collection. A simple posting today, just the BotShot and Titanium collections. Apologies in advance, this is a looong photograph.

bot shots and titanium

bot shots bases and tracks

Last edited by Omegatron; 11-28-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Omegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 06:00 PM   #32
Omegatron
Gen 1

O.K. another update to show off another corner of the collection room. Today we'll go with Transformers Prime.

Prime Shelf 1

Prime Shelf 2

Prime Cyberverse (there are clearly a couple of these missing, I'll have to track down where my son has put them. He's not supposed to take them but...)

Last edited by Omegatron; 12-12-2017 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:59 PM   #33
Omegatron
Gen 1

Simple update today. Here are my Binaltech and Alternators. It is far from a complete collection and has a K.O. Hummer thrown in to represent Trailbreaker. Still I like them and their highly accurate alt modes mean they are the only thing in the collection room to remain permanently in vehicle mode.

Enjoy.

Old 01-04-2018, 08:16 PM   #34
pside9
Beasty

Thanks for showing us your collection.

Its so much fun to see toys again that bring back memories.
pside9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 01:23 AM   #35
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Very nice to see you're still updating this thread regularly to show off more aspects of your collection.

Now that the room has been set up for a few months, is it still functioning well, or is there anything you wish you had done differently?

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:59 AM   #36
79transam
Machine War

It's a nice set up. I personally wouldn't be able to be in an all white room for much longer than a few minutes though if I wanted to relax. Just a bit too much like a grow room. But it's a great layout.

Hey on dust control, another thing to do is use bounce sheets in your heating vents. It stops dust from blowing in from the ductwork and smells nice too.

Those center cabinets are the coolest things since sliced bread.

Last edited by 79transam; 01-05-2018 at 10:06 AM.
79transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:00 PM   #37
Omegatron
Gen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
Very nice to see you're still updating this thread regularly to show off more aspects of your collection.

Now that the room has been set up for a few months, is it still functioning well, or is there anything you wish you had done differently?
Thanks, I wondering if the updates were more annoying than useful so I'm glad someone's enjoying them. I'll keep doing them because I want to and I've got a bit more to share so keep looking.

As far as the room is considered, its working out quite well. I have to sweep the floor more than I'd like because the light colour shows off the dirt. Also while the shelves are well insulated from the movement of the floor opening the drawers does seem to cause some vibration and a couple of figures have done nosedives (fortunately nothing's broken) so I have to be careful. I'd also like to have more storage for things not on display, but hey that's probably close to number one on the list of what every fan would like so no surprise there.

The best thing about the room turns out to be the insulation. I added some extra when I built the floor and rebuilt the walls. I did this because I wasn't sure my little infrared heater would keep up with winter and I didn't want to use forced air. This worked really, really well and the room is by far the coziest in the house. I go there sometimes just to feel properly warm and have the bonus of my collection around me.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:07 PM   #38
Omegatron
Gen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79transam View Post
It's a nice set up. I personally wouldn't be able to be in an all white room for much longer than a few minutes though if I wanted to relax. Just a bit too much like a grow room. But it's a great layout.

Hey on dust control, another thing to do is use bounce sheets in your heating vents. It stops dust from blowing in from the ductwork and smells nice too.

Those center cabinets are the coolest things since sliced bread.
The white walls make the room bright and I like that so I'm happy but I understand how it might be too much for some people. There's more colour than you think too because all the trim is in autobot red or decepticon purple and that have more impact when you're actually in the room than it seems to in the photos.

The centre cabinets are from IKEA, I think they still make them, their called Klingsbo and they look nice but the're not the best. They are too low and force me to look down to see anything. I might replace them and the detolf's with something else in the future but for now they do fine.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:28 PM   #39
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

Love the Gobots collection.
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 05:26 PM   #40
Omegatron
Gen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digibasherx View Post
Love the Gobots collection.
Thanks, that just might be my favorite bit, Gobots don't get enough love.