Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #31
sikkbones
Banned
Re: optimus maximus: whats the appeal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
The DOTM Ark was a great toy, it didn't have a robot mode, also the Ark original retail price is the same as Optimus Maximus, only now the Ark is hella cheaper due to being clearanced (Released in June of 2011, it's almost 2013 now)
No offense meant but even for a kid I think the ark has more longevity with the cyberverse.... I don't see a lot of play value. With optimus craptimus.
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #32
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

I guess the appeal would be liking a giant plastic turd more than money. Other than that, I've really got nothing.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:27 PM   #33
Benzo
Plastic Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
It's for kids, not collectors.
^^this.. lets not lose site on the fact that Hasbro is a toy company out to make toys for kids first and not collectors. If you want higher quality then maybe one of the 3rd party companies will make something similar to your liking. No need to all get worked up over nothing..
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:50 PM   #34
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
^^this.. lets not lose site on the fact that Hasbro is a toy company out to make toys for kids first and not collectors. If you want higher quality then maybe one of the 3rd party companies will make something similar to your liking. No need to all get worked up over nothing..
Exactly. I could not have said it better myself
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:28 AM   #35
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Playability seems fairly limited.

I think the Ark playset looks more fun. It has way more gimmicks and stuff to do. This thing looks kinda plain compared to it. Plus it doesn't even come with a cyberverse figure! At least the Ark, the Jackhammer and the Energon Driller each come with a dude.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #36
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic

Quote:
I disagree. It's a poor toy, even for kids. Especially for kids. Your money gets you a spindly, lightweight robot whose 'transformation' is more like reclining. It's an Optimus La-Z-Boy, emphasis on the lazy.

Cyberverse Optimus (sold separately) doesn't even fit well, and the interaction with other Cyberverse figures is less than it seems. You can stand them on some parts! Or you can use ramps! Ooo. It's like someone took the GoBot Power Suit idea and decided: no, that's just too cool, we have to deliver way less than that. Mission accomplished!

It's a cheap, lightweight toy whose size is there to fool you into thinking you're getting more toy than you are. It's a design abortion that doesn't fit with Prime -- it looks like someone took a Bayformers, exploded it, and glued the pieces together. You'd be better off taking the same amount of money and buying a bunch of discounted Kre-O sets and building your own base, which would probably transform better.

I'm all for making toys kids want to play with, but even kids seem to be leaving these on the shelves. They know when companies run out of good ideas and start throwing exTreEme, day-glo, or supermegahyper crap on the shelves in a desperate bid to get their attention.

Why should I care? Because it is literally taking up a lot of space, and without much to show for it.
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #37
BruticusMax
Bruticus Maximus Forever!

Quote:
and ive always said this to people who expect too much from a toy, finally someone who agrees with me. yes he is right the figures r all TOYS for kids first and then for collectors like us later! Either like them or hate them. w.e you like, buy n collect w.e you dont, hope there's something better in the future.
BruticusMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #38
BruticusMax
Bruticus Maximus Forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagagalvatron View Post
I disagree. It's a poor toy, even for kids. Especially for kids. Your money gets you a spindly, lightweight robot whose 'transformation' is more like reclining. It's an Optimus La-Z-Boy, emphasis on the lazy.

Cyberverse Optimus (sold separately) doesn't even fit well, and the interaction with other Cyberverse figures is less than it seems. You can stand them on some parts! Or you can use ramps! Ooo. It's like someone took the GoBot Power Suit idea and decided: no, that's just too cool, we have to deliver way less than that. Mission accomplished!

It's a cheap, lightweight toy whose size is there to fool you into thinking you're getting more toy than you are. It's a design abortion that doesn't fit with Prime -- it looks like someone took a Bayformers, exploded it, and glued the pieces together. You'd be better off taking the same amount of money and buying a bunch of discounted Kre-O sets and building your own base, which would probably transform better.

I'm all for making toys kids want to play with, but even kids seem to be leaving these on the shelves. They know when companies run out of good ideas and start throwing exTreEme, day-glo, or supermegahyper crap on the shelves in a desperate bid to get their attention.

Why should I care? Because it is literally taking up a lot of space, and without much to show for it.
This I second as well!
BruticusMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #39
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

I wonder what adults back in the 80's said about metroplex... I bet they said the same thing.

Yeah I tried getting this multiple times and just can't but it is huge that's a plus for a lot of kids and it becomes a base, how cool is that? Compared to what I grew up with it looks like a POS.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #40
sikkbones
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruticusMax View Post
This I second as well!
thirded, and 90% of my collection is bought for an 8 year old.
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote