Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
Toilettron
Generation 1
Why?

I'm not going to make this too long, but I just wanna get my point across. With the new Fortress Maximus Reissue announcement and Devastator Takara is really lettin' all out now. So that's great for them and us.
But this what gets me everytime. Everytime a reissue comes out, there is always something that everyone points out that becomes a hot topic issue and soon the so called reissue is not popular anymore.
Just because maybe they the paint job, weapons, or mold in some cases.
If there were that many problems with the actual G1 toys, it kinda makes you think, G1 toys weren't all that great either.
If those problems are corrected in the reissues in the first place, what's there a big deal. They fixed the problems, what more do you want?
That's it.
Toilettron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
sarmick01
Canadian Slag
Re: Why?

Most people seem to need to complain about everything. They want perfect or else watch out. If you dont like it, don't buy it.
sarmick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
Supernova
Second star to the right

That's fandoms in general. No matter what, whether it's toys, TV shows, sports teams, you name it - there will always be someone, somewhere, that just isn't happy.

The best advice is just to kick back, and enjoy the ride!

Transformers and Other Stuff For Sale

My Feedback Thread
Supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic

You can't please everyone.

Some people want it exactly the way it was. If it deviates from that in any way, it's not the same and they're not happy.

Some people want errors fixed or things improved. If that's not done, they're not happy.

You can't satisfy both of them. Either there's change (which makes some unhappy) or there's not (which makes others unhappy).

This doesn't even take quality into consideration. Most things can't be reissued exactly the same way. Some moulds may be lost. Some materials may be unavailable. The new reissue may even be better quality, but it's not the same.

Or there may be a quality dip. An error, a well-intentioned fix that breaks something else. A cheaper material. Things can go wrong in a lot of ways.

Unless the reissue disintegrates or has some crippling defect or is massively overproduced, people will remember it fondly in a few years. Until then, whatever slight or not-so-slight differences will make up the bulk of the discussion because that's how it's different, and that's how people decide if it's right for them.
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #5
justprime
Animated

I am happy that they reissue anything flaws or not makes no matter to me,.. that said I wish that they would pick pieces that were not available to us (in NA) the first time round such as starsaber,overlord, a biggie like blackzarak,etc... some of the harder if not impossible pieces to find lets face it fort max is just not that rare its mostly always been the price that detures purchase not to mention a re-release as grandmax at the time and more recently bravemax while other less abundant pieces hope for the one day that they too will get a reissue.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #6
joshimus
Metroplex

Personally, if the reissue ends up being exactly G1 OR if it has issues modified...I still have mine pre-ordered anyway so clearly I don't care as much.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #7
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Depends on what the change. I wouldn't enjoy them adding a ton of disco chrome to the FortMax reissue, or making him with very thin/cheap plastic. But I'd just shrug and move on - no sense ranting just because I don't like it.

That said, do you know how common it is to read rant after rant against the movies and movie toys? Seems those folks too should just live and let live rather than trying to tear it all down year after year...
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #8
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions

I love re-issues because you can buy them new with no worn or missing parts. Plus, in most cases they are cheaper than buying an original G1 figure in the same condition. A $1500 difference between a MISB G1 Fort Max vs. a MISB Re-issue Fort Max makes for a big savings in the end.
Some people are purists and have to have an original where as others (like myself) can't afford or don't care, as long as they have the figure they like.

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #9
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobotz24 View Post
I love re-issues because you can buy them new with no worn or missing parts. Plus, in most cases they are cheaper than buying an original G1 figure in the same condition. A $1500 difference between a MISB G1 Fort Max vs. a MISB Re-issue Fort Max makes for a big savings in the end.
Some people are purists and have to have an original where as others (like myself) can't afford or don't care, as long as they have the figure they like.
This. That's why.

Also because toy companies like money. This is one more way to obtain money without having to make anything new. Pure profit.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #10
Toilettron
Generation 1

But, if quality issues are the main thing, some reissues are great, and some are not.
But the reissue is fixed, which it means (In My Opinion) G1s to me only are terrible. They have too many flaws, so the reissues flaws are fixed then that's better.
I don't hate G1s. I love it, but in some cases.......meh.
Toilettron is offline   Reply With Quote