Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-22-2012, 11:16 PM   #11
Hellboy
Alternator
Re: Considering getting rid of my Prime figures.

I'm used to the months-long Hasbro drought with the Star Wars line so this TF distribution debacle doesn't phase me at all. I like the Prime figures and I'll take what's available for now with ought worrying about the Canadian short end of the stick. There's always something on the horizon I'm looking forward to.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:27 PM   #12
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

eh, can't say I'm not in the same boat, but then I realise I save money for figures I actually want from older lines.
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:46 PM   #13
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

TFcon is this weekend, so you could use the show as an opprotunity to get caught up on the figures that haven't been released yet over here. I understand the frustration though, it gets annoying seeing the same damned bees, cliff, and occasional Wheeljack all the time.

Fortunately(Or unfortunately...haven't decided which LOL) I do collect figures outside of Transformers, so it's kinda helped distract me from the frustration.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:35 AM   #14
Vorahk
Energon

I swear if i didn't collect other toys i would go crazy waiting for transformers to come out here. Cause my guy at toys r us here has told me until the 30 FE Bumblebee's move they are getting no more tfrime deluxes. Which sucks and everything but thats marketings problems. Not giving me a breakdown i get takara's no problem. I can wait on Ratchet, Vehicon, and Knockout. But its just that if you get rid of them are you going to regret it later down the road? Cause i once accidently got rid of my universe car brothers(prowl, silverstreak, smokescreen) to help a guy and now i SOOOOOOOO regret it. Its a major decision that shouldn't be taken lightly. You spent time and money on these things and if you think they weren't worth it chuck em, but if they were keep em. Don't let us decide for you. Its up to you really. Cause i'm holding back asking you what you want from my list for if you have a FE Vovager Optimus you'd trade but i won't.
Vorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:47 AM   #15
protoform_ironhide
Commander

I somehow understand your frustration here, but that's the trend. You have to spend money on jackup prices for toys online nowadays, while the local retailers are selling nothing but crap. However, I would suggest that u don't get rid of anything unless u really have to. For example, if u ran out of room, if u can't afford the hobby anymore, etc. Then yes, get rid of them! Otherwise.. keep them for a while and see how things go. It isn't cheap to buy back all those figures in the future if u regret.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #16
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
It's just that the whole debacle we've been living through has really killed any excitment I had for this line.
I kind of get that. But I like the Prime designs too much. I'm actually thinking of getting rid of my G1 figures instead, but that's because I have to downsize again. Maybe it's just one of those times to re-evaluate what's important to you?

I'm frustrated with availability and Hasbro's increasing cheapness (QC, paint, size, etc.) But then something like FE or PRiD Wheeljack comes along and it keeps me hopeful. Stuff doesn't get much better than that in my book.

Quote:
Outside of old/rare/foreign figures, I don't think I should have to resort to buying figures online that I should be able to find in stores. I really don't want to pay the inflated online prices, or the ones that will likely be at TFCon either.
Then don't. I used to stress about missing things, but then life goes on. There are always other things. I wanted FoC Bruticus, but that's not happening because I took a bathroom break at the wrong time. I'll content myself with G2 Bruticus and some paint. The aggravation/cost/stupidity of $200 eBay FoC Bruticus isn't worth it.

I didn't get FE Vehicon and life went on. Maybe I'll get it later, if it comes out. I skipped HA Soundwave and Deluxe Soundwave and Leadfoot and it just isn't a big deal. If I ever see one, great; if not, oh well. It's not like I have nothing to transform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
How's that different from any other TF line?
Because, for the most part, the other examples you mentioned were towards the end of each of those lines (not all, but most). This is the beginning. And it sucks. If this is what it's like now, what's it going to be like for the rest of the line? It doesn't bode well.

If you go to my local Wal-Marts and look at the Transformers, you'd see something that looks like a struggling toy-line not long for the clearance aisle. Disorganized, small, poor selection, and confused. You'd never know Hasbro had a new product line. It's embarassing. This is not entirely Hasbro's fault, but the Lego section never looks so low-rent and the other action figures look decent. If I didn't know any better, I'd say Transformers were in trouble.

Quote:
Acting like a child with a tantrum won't matter to them, to use an analogy that fits with toy collecting if I may.
Bit harsh, don't you think? As far as I'm concerned, Hasbro is the one here who is dropping just about every ball. I can't remember a time when I have had conversations with so many other collectors who are just tired and frustrated of the increasing bullshit. I've never heard it to this degree. There have always been annoyances. Now it seems like there are more than ever and they are front and center.

It's a good thing that SDCC was recent, that new toys are starting to trickle in, and it looks like there are decent things in the pipeline.
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #17
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagagalvatron View Post
Because, for the most part, the other examples you mentioned were towards the end of each of those lines (not all, but most). This is the beginning. And it sucks. If this is what it's like now, what's it going to be like for the rest of the line? It doesn't bode well.

If you go to my local Wal-Marts and look at the Transformers, you'd see something that looks like a struggling toy-line not long for the clearance aisle. Disorganized, small, poor selection, and confused. You'd never know Hasbro had a new product line. It's embarassing. This is not entirely Hasbro's fault, but the Lego section never looks so low-rent and the other action figures look decent. If I didn't know any better, I'd say Transformers were in trouble.

Bit harsh, don't you think? As far as I'm concerned, Hasbro is the one here who is dropping just about every ball. I can't remember a time when I have had conversations with so many other collectors who are just tired and frustrated of the increasing bullshit. I've never heard it to this degree. There have always been annoyances. Now it seems like there are more than ever and they are front and center.

It's a good thing that SDCC was recent, that new toys are starting to trickle in, and it looks like there are decent things in the pipeline.
1) Yes, did I not note that in my initial post, if I did whoops. However I was using those as examples of why trying to collect based on only show characters would have gotten you seriously frustrated and ready to purge your entire collection with each subsequent release/new line of TFs for the past decade.

2) I don't think it was harsh, it was an analogy aimed at pointing out how little the company cares if you act out and just sell off everything out of some kind of spite/frustration/rage at the way things have been slowly moving for the better part of a year.

Quite frankly I truly believe that Transformers is a struggling toyline, in the sense that Retailers just aren't getting it anymore. They don't see Transformers as an ongoing property but another Movie Tie-In toyline that is just clogging shelves because they can't move product fast enough to get the new stuff on the shelves.

Retailers are completely clueless as to what Transformers Prime/Robots in Disguise even is, they are treating it like Hunt for The Decepticons, Reveal the Shield and Generations before it. We'll buy X amount of cases, we'll let them languish for a while and then we'll stick out the stock during the big clearance holiday deals to really move people and profits into our stores.

Transformers by this point has hit saturation and the Retailers don't care if case assortment number two and three have new characters that people will buy NOW as opposed to during the holiday rushes, all they care about is making money. And when it isn't making as much money as it is because they can't get the damn newer case assortments out on the floor... Well then they figure nobody wants the stuff they've got sitting in the Distribution Centres so they cut a deal and ship'em back to the company to recoup their loss.

And if a lot of managers just flat out refuse to take in new stock until the wall of Bumblebee's sell out... I'm afraid we're going to see a cold day in hell before anything new even remotely hits the store aisles. (Because NOBODY wants to buy Bumblebee anymore, THEY ALREADY HAVE HIM! Just ship the shit back to be melted down for new plastic and be done with it already.)
Old 07-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #18
JonoPrime
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
It's just that the whole debacle we've been living through has really killed any excitment I had for this line.

I look at them now and all I picture is the grief I'll have to go through to get the other main characters from the show.

Recently I've re-kindled my interest in completing my G1 lines ('87 - '88, Masterforce era especially) and I have sold off much of my newer stuff. I just unloaded a whole buch of CHUG and movie figures at the Silver Snail the other week.

Outside of old/rare/foreign figures, I don't think I should have to resort to buying figures online that I should be able to find in stores. I really don't want to pay the inflated online prices, or the ones that will likely be at TFCon either.

I only have the small handfull of Prime characters that we got here so it's not like I have a huge load of figures to deal with. I really do still like them, but all I feel is discouragement when I look at them.
I totally get how you feel. Especially the part about being able to find it in stores, let alone paying a hugely infalted price online if you miss it.

Unfortunately, I don't really have any words of wisdom, lol. My only feeling is that if it's not making you happy now, no worries, move on to the next thing that does. There's plenty out there to spend our hard earned money on, eh
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:08 PM   #19
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

I'm feeling the same way about this line. This drought is totally killing the TF buzz.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:12 PM   #20
Pascal
Banned

I was tempted to sell my non Prime/BB/SS/Megatron figures as well... until I finally started watching my Prime DVDs last week. I'm hooked... at least for a while.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote