Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-07-2010, 08:08 PM   #31
Nocturn
Previously Dead
Re: Automaton Toys website has virus again???

Automaton: The best internet customer service I've ever seen.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:16 PM   #32
AUTOMATON
Mariomus Prime

Mmm. Very odd: this problem is somehow intermittent. My own laptop has Spyware Doctor and Norton 360 running and everything's seems ok as we speak.

www.automatontoys.com
AUTOMATON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #33
Richter
Nexus Maximus

Currently getting this via firefox:
Reported Attack Page!

This web page at www.automatontoys.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Current Wants:
  • Horsey Prime
Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:22 PM   #34
wheeljaxx
Always in pain.

ditto for me on both mac and pc firefox, and IE
wheeljaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:25 PM   #35
Richter
Nexus Maximus

More details, according to google, nothing serious?
Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for automatontoys.com

What is the current listing status for automatontoys.com?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this website may harm your computer.
What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 7 pages that we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time that Google visited this site was on 2010-04-07, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS32613 (IWEB), AS36369 (GRMED).
Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, automatontoys.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.
Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.
How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.
Next steps:

Current Wants:
  • Horsey Prime
Old 04-07-2010, 11:22 PM   #36
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exillion View Post
Hi everyone,

Time to make an official statement here, obviously.

We are now in the process of migrating AutomatonToys.com towards a new webhosting service on a new server: it's been some time that we have that ''virus'' problem, in and out, and all analysis are pointing towards our actual webhosting service, wich is totally unacceptable.

Just as all of you, I'm totally frustrated to see our website spoiled with that problem: our webmaster and our webhosting service have been playing ping-pong long enough, each of them putting the blame on the other; one says it could indeed be somekind of virus plaguing the website(via the webhosting service)...while the other pretends it may be some oddities in the script of the website.

So I had to make a business decision wich is, in this case, to move both our webhosting and webmastering towards new horizons.

By Friday, the transfer should be completed. By then, those problems should be solved once and for all. I will keep this thread updated with any fresh info about this issue and the transfer.

If you don't feel comfortable to visit Automaton until then(this friday), we totally understand. I wouldn't go as far as to officially recommend to avoid our website, but maybe it would be safer for now. We are in a very stressful situation and I'm doing the impossible to solve the issue in a timely manner.

Our deepest apologies for the trouble this issue may cause.

Best Regards,
Mario
Don't worry Mario, we'll be sticking with you thru all this. As usual, you're on the case!

My scan did turn up a virus, BTW...in my IE Cache from the time I browsed the site.

Quality, reliable dealers like Automaton are a god-send to collectors like us...we are a loyal breed and this reflects the quality of service you always provide.

Personally, I think this reflects a lot more on the state of the internet right now than it does on Automaton...as I said, I got a NASTY from Rapidshare...a legit, corporate site!!!!
Echotransformer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:50 PM   #37
Da_Blinks
Machine War

Mario you still be about to process any pre-orders that might be coming in *cough Warbot cough* soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
I am not changing my virus protection program just because of a website. Thanks Pandaprime for your info.
No offense, but your AV program didn't do its job. I would think about switching or at the least you make sure have the most current build of the AV program and if you did have current build I would switch. Just something to think about.
Da_Blinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:54 PM   #38
Richter
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Blinks View Post
Mario you still be about to process any pre-orders that might be coming in *cough Warbot cough* soon?

No offense, but your AV program didn't do its job. I would think about switching or at the least you make sure have the most current build of the AV program and if you did have current build I would switch. Just something to think about.
I'm a systems analyst
Beleive me when I tell you: shaw secure is an awful, terrible piece of bogged down, overinflated shit!

I swear it's a conspiracy between PC makers and AV companies to slow computers to a crawl so people will buy new hardware

Current Wants:
  • Horsey Prime
Old 04-08-2010, 02:09 AM   #39
Da_Blinks
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter View Post
...terrible piece of bogged down, overinflated shit!
That's the technical term right?
Da_Blinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:02 AM   #40
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Blinks View Post

This is getting off topic. I am concerning about Automaton Toys get me virus which is very terrible, not only once, but several times! I never been to an online store that gets me virus, but Automaton Toys. I do lots of online purchase and I never get virus from any other online retailers. If the website is good, I won't get virus even I shut off my Anti-virus program. So you are saying Automaton Toys doesn't have a problem when their website gets their customers virus? Perhaps not to you, but to other customers out there.

Hopefully Mario will get his website fix...let us know. I hope this won't happen again. It really turns me off from purchasing at a website with this issue.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote