Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-27-2022, 02:26 PM   #2501
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Target Canada had severe stock issues from the jump that they never recovered from. It felt like a crappier Zellers. Shame as their toy section was good...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicgarden View Post
I only visited one canadian Target a few times. Mine didn?t looked like a Zellers. I?d say it was somewhere between a Walmart and The Bay. Not as ?*classy*? and clean as Bay, but definitely not white trash land like Walmart. I liked their toys section as well. They were around when my elder was a toddler and we bought many toys there for great prices.
..the ones in my area it was more like The Bay than Walmart... Very high prices for just about everything is what killed it. While they had some stuff that no other store had, it was trying to fly with the appeal of being higher end than Walmart. But the pricing is what sinked them more than low stock as it was always stocked just fine. After the novelty wore off, they were virtually empty of customers because of it.
I am really looking forward to seeing what the reissued Zellers will be like as I miss them.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 08-27-2022 at 08:26 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 02:35 PM   #2502
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
I only visited one canadian Target a few times. Mine didn?t looked like a Zellers. I?d say it was somehwere between a Walmart and The Bay. Not as ?*classy*? and clean as Bay, but definitely not white trash land like Walmart. I liked their toys section as well. They were around when my elder was a toddler and we bought many toys there for great prices.
Yeah that's probably a good description. I was thinking more of how badly stocked they were...

It was great having another good source for toys. There were a few waves, this was in thrilling 30 era, that hit target first and in better quantity than Wally or tru.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 08:00 PM   #2503
cripnite
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscreamX View Post
Well, this may be good news for some of us.. Zellers is coming back.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/hbc...lers-1.6553473
As a web commerce and a business within a business in select Bay stores. It?s basically to hold onto the trademark.
cripnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 09:08 PM   #2504
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by cripnite View Post
As a web commerce and a business within a business in select Bay stores. It?s basically to hold onto the trademark.
Sounds a lot like Toysrus inside Macy's in the US
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 03:49 AM   #2505
Philtastic
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cripnite View Post
Yup. And as a way to sell substandard merch at slightly reduced prices, and get unlikely shoppers to go to the Bay.
Philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 11:44 AM   #2506
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
I only visited one canadian Target a few times. Mine didn?t looked like a Zellers. I?d say it was somehwere between a Walmart and The Bay. Not as ?*classy*? and clean as Bay, but definitely not white trash land like Walmart. I liked their toys section as well. They were around when my elder was a toddler and we bought many toys there for great prices.
I popped into a couple Targets when they were in Canada - didn't much TFs at the time, I think that might have been back during when TRU used to "Wonderful Winter Savings" coupons? So I may not have been paying much attention

I more remember grabbing 1 or 2 Target exclusive MonsterHighs for the wife, which was somethin, I guess

But yeah, they were clean & nice - they weren't trashy, they had put a ton of money into the branding, with the big red balls out front, their own shopping cart return "cages" out in the parking lots

I remember a number of empty lookin shelves though
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 06:35 PM   #2507
Philtastic
Beasty

Tried to get a price match in-store on Coronation Starscream at the clearance price that was in stock (but impossible to actually find) at another location. They would not do it.

And, in fact, the Walmart website says that they will only match the price listed on Walmart.ca, but only on in-stock items, and not clearance or liquidation prices, and not marketplace seller prices, and not any other physical Walmart store. So pretty much just regular price, or maybe a regular sale price online, but that's it.

Here's a link to their pricing policy (which was hard enough to find). But basically the rule is "fuck you, no price matching."

https://www.walmart.ca/en/help/faq/p...769ede2dea0175
Philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 08:48 PM   #2508
Darkroar
Generation 2
Darkroar's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Yeah that's probably a good description. I was thinking more of how badly stocked they were...

It was great having another good source for toys. There were a few waves, this was in thrilling 30 era, that hit target first and in better quantity than Wally or tru.
I liked Target... I often found Transformers there and they had video games, etc as they came out. I liked it was quieter/cleaner than Walmart in general.

They had a red card that gave you a 5% discount off everything in store. I remember it even worked on gift cards, so I bought some steam/xbox/restaurant cards there... I probably should have taken more advantage of that.
Darkroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 05:51 PM   #2509
pandaprime
aficionado!

PointBlank
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/transfo.../6000205267019

Armada Starscream
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/transfo.../6000205269298

Dead End
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/transfo.../6000205265673

Transmetal leader Megatron