Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
alternatorfan
g1 baby
considered an old timer

I have had all lines since g1 I know what most lines are the feel between real and fake transformers and toys in general. I will be 35 this year and still play with toys. I would be called a hunter as I had things before anyone in the city or the world.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #2
justprime
Animated
Re: considered an old timer

I don't consider myself an "oldtimer" at 50... been collecting for a long time now if you can remember shows such as Lost in space, voyage to the bottom of the sea, combat, rat patrol,.. the supermarination series from super car to terrahawks,starfleet ,gatchaman,starblazers,fantastic voyage the cartoon series,.. etc,and the toys that encompase these ( mostly dia cast or model kits) however transformers hold a vary special spot for personal reasons (you that know me know the story behind the collection) I have collected all G1 worldwide and kept on collecting this line to present,.. it has become some what of a passion, I do consider myself knowlagable in paticular when it comes to TF's on things such as prototypes and ko's etc..
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

We're definitely the older segment of the fandom, in our mid-30's, though not the oldest.

What is more rare is older fans like me (35) who love the new movieverse stuff just as much as G1. Generally speaking I believe you'd find much higher percentages of "only G1" collectors in the 30+ age groups of the fandom.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Yeah, at 36 I'm still really engaged and am half-expecting to loose interest year over year but it STILL feels fresh and fun, especially when new and exciting things come out...for example Hercules, Giant and TF Prime have me feeling like a kid again!

Strangely what's made me feel old is explaining Star Wars to my son...he got TFs right away but Star Wars seems to invoke more questions and intrigue...
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #5
Autobot Meister
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echotransformer View Post
Yeah, at 36 I'm still really engaged and am half-expecting to loose interest year over year but it STILL feels fresh and fun, especially when new and exciting things come out...for example Hercules, Giant and TF Prime have me feeling like a kid again!
I'm 36 too and I feel the exact same way.
Autobot Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #6
Hobbyist Prime
King of the Scratchbuild
Hobbyist Prime's Ebay Auctions

38 here and I love anything and everything Transformers!
Hobbyist Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #7
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

I'm almost 40 but please don't call me an old-timer!

I grew up with Takara stuffs like Microman, Diaclone, Blockman, and then eventually G1/Japanese G1. But, I haven't been serious about collecting TF until Beast War.

I am mostly a G1/Japanese G1 + Classics/Universe collector. I do collect other lines and yes that includes the Michael Bay's movies figures (except for DoTM - I only have a couple of figures).

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #8
Pascal
Banned

I wonder if I'll feel embarrassed past 40, 50, 60... I saw a man in his 70s the other day at WM. We were both looking for HotWheels (me for my son), then I told him "Too many to choose from eh?". He replied "Oh, I'm looking for one in particular." He was a collector. Worst of all, I thought he was weird. LOL!
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #9
tusko
Classic

I'm 35 and we are the key collector demographic.

I was in the comic shop talking to the owner... kids don't buy comics. Its all adult collectors. I imagine for a site such as this were going to get a more mature crowd.

I still love it. I love all the opinions, the daily news (who'd a thought there would be near daily TF news) and all the ancillary activity: 3rd party figs, conventions and new fiction.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #10
RedOktobre
Alternator

Holy Christ!

I thought that I was "the Alpha Trion" of Cybertron.ca" at 42!

I guess that I was wrong!

I started collecting Transformers when the original Marvel comic four (4) issue limited series came out with the Hasbro toys. At the time, the toys were not popular. It was not until the following fall of 1983 when the original G1 cartoon came out when the toys became popular. By then issue number 3 of Marvel was available already.

When I graduated from high school, I pretty much abandoned the hobby.

I reunited with the hobby in 2004/2005 during the Cybertron series.

View my collection on Youtube at the raginroninreview channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxoEydL-p6s

Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...800#post360800

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=2648

Disclaimer:
All statements or views expressed by the board member, "RedOktobre", are purely personal opinions which may or may not be substantiated by relevant facts. Any perceived insult resulting from opinions asserted by the said board member is absolutely unintentional.
RedOktobre is offline   Reply With Quote