Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-18-2015, 10:21 PM   #21
JLvatron
Chosen 1
Re: Stupid women story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechy View Post
I always list sleeping as a hobby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
yeah but you're a creepy dude.
But it's a fun hobby!
And not too expensive, heh heh!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:25 PM   #22
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
Are you really that easily offended?
Dude??

It's not about being offended, it's about seeking a better half.

If she's insulting you, I say end the abusive relationship before it starts.
This works for any gender.

Last edited by JLvatron; 05-18-2015 at 10:32 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:31 PM   #23
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
To me there is a combination of ignorance with a sprinkling of rudeness to the what the woman implied.

Personally I might have skipped defensive and moved onto something less polite if she was going to question my choice of hobby within like a minute of meeting me.
Yups.
A person must really be abrasive if they're insulting you within a few minutes of meeting.
Like you said, it's quite rude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I don't know why we should view ourselves as owing people an explanation about what we do. No one would ever ask for an explanation about why someone likes to go to the bar.......
We shouldn't.
There's nothing wrong with being passionate about something that's fun and harmless.

I agree, we owe no explanation to narrow mindeders.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:10 PM   #24
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
Dude??

It's not about being offended, it's about seeking a better half.

If she's insulting you, I say end the abusive relationship before it starts.
This works for any gender.
They met only a few weeks ago. It's not a relationship. It's barely even a friendship.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:46 PM   #25
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Even for a simple friendship I do not lead with the fact that I collect toys. With dating I assume that nothing puts the breaks on a trip to pound-town then admitting you collect toys.

Besides, I'm sure this is a sign that she was not going to be much of a keeper; I mean, her hobbies were shopping, the gym and sleeping... Sounds like you dodged a bullet Mate.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:56 PM   #26
Slayback
Animated

I think i lost my eyeballs for awhile as they rolled around in the back of my head... quote "... she was sweet funny, caring, independent" but now she's lumped in the category of stupid because what? She doesn't understand why you collect toys? And over the couple of weeks that you were texting and having conversations - when a question about your hobby collecting is brought up you snap and say -it's all over. Am I the only person here who thinks .. this was a bit of an overreaction? You couldn't text her ... i like collecting toys.. it reminds me of my happier times in my childhood. Let's me de-stress from the adult world.

And to point out folks - he didnt just meet this girl, and even if he did, you would actually applaud this type of reaction? Where the fuck did patience and understanding go? A person who might not like (and reminder -it was never stated that she said it was shyte hobby) or questions your hobby - to which you respond 'whats your point?' - is now considered stupid. ? really?

right.

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:37 AM   #27
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayback View Post
I think i lost my eyeballs for awhile as they rolled around in the back of my head... quote "... she was sweet funny, caring, independent" but now she's lumped in the category of stupid because what? She doesn't understand why you collect toys? And over the couple of weeks that you were texting and having conversations - when a question about your hobby collecting is brought up you snap and say -it's all over. Am I the only person here who thinks .. this was a bit of an overreaction? You couldn't text her ... i like collecting toys.. it reminds me of my happier times in my childhood. Let's me de-stress from the adult world.

And to point out folks - he didnt just meet this girl, and even if he did, you would actually applaud this type of reaction? Where the fuck did patience and understanding go? A person who might not like (and reminder -it was never stated that she said it was shyte hobby) or questions your hobby - to which you respond 'whats your point?' - is now considered stupid. ? really?

right.
I've refrained from saying the same. I think judging someone for what they don't like is just as bad as judging someone for what they do like.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 01:21 AM   #28
Grimtron
Generation 2

I have been in that situation before and it just takes an easy explanation as to why you collect them. Its the same way as when you or anybody asks why are you collecting this. By looking at the

conversation you had with this girl, it sounds like you got defensive quick and did not keep your cool. Assuming she is the person you described, she was probably trying to understand why you collect

them. And when you didn't explain and said what's your point it fell down hill from them. OR maybe you read her completely wrong and she is just a total *****.
Grimtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 01:38 AM   #29
Gumby
Beasty

A lot of the attitudes and comments in this thread are just....yikes!

You land more dates (and friends) by being charming than you do by being a jerk.
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 06:54 AM   #30
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Yups.
A person must really be abrasive if they're insulting you within a few minutes of meeting.
Like you said, it's quite rude.
Ironwave took the comment as an insult. You read it as an insult too. However, Ironwave also did describe her as being a "caring" person. Going by his description of her, I wouldn't have jumped to the conclusion that she was intentionally trying to insult him. Her delivery perhaps could have been worded more softly, but at least she gave an honest statment.

Would you or Ironwave rather have had her act (emphasis on "act") politely simply for the sake of being polite? Such pleasantries are an endangered species, kind sir. In an age where society is moving in a direction that prefers more transparency and favors open and honest communication, brutal honesty is the most efficient method. No pussyfooting, just keep it real, straight up.

Quote:
I agree, we owe no explanation to narrow mindeders.
Being uninformed and misunderstood doesn't constitute narrow-mindedness. It's not like she was outright being ignorant. Ironwave didn't bother enlightening her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
A lot of the attitudes and comments in this thread are just....yikes!
^^ Notion seconded. QFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Besides, I'm sure this is a sign that she was not going to be much of a keeper; I mean, her hobbies were shopping, the gym and sleeping... Sounds like you dodged a bullet Mate.
Granted, her hobbies made her sound kind of shallow, but that's not the concern Ironwave has about her. If he broke it off with her for this reason instead, we wouldn't be debating if he or she was in the wrong. But the reality is that he broke it off for what some of us feel was the wrong reason, and it sounds as though OP is trying to solicit support to gauge if he made the right call.

Last edited by Chigimus; 05-19-2015 at 07:19 AM.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote