Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 12-19-2014, 09:25 PM   #1
Skullgrin
Generation 1
Trying to sell comics... and wow...

Edit I just want some help or advice from anyone who has shold comics in the past. The package went to about 20 pounds and I was told that the minimum in shipping would be between 53 to around seventy by Canada post. I wanted to know if theres anything that can be done about that the package is being sent to the states. And I was wondering if anyone else has sent out comics before and if they have any experience or advice. I'm thinking of cutting down the amount I'm going to send to get a more reasonable shipping price for the buyer. But I was wondering if I made a mistake in finding out shipping prices. And if comics are treated different. Kind of like the mail Media that they have in the us postal service. Any kind of advice would be appreciated.

Anyways, I was going to sell a group of comics to a buyer in the states.

And of course I never sold comics in the past.

So I had no idea how big shipping by weight has gotten.

I made a deal to sell a good number of issues. It ended up weighing 20 pounds.

I was shocked to find out that I'd be charged more than fifty dollars in shipping. Ouch.

So I ended up figuring out the halves of the number of books was 9 pounds each. Since I had to pack them with cardboard to protect the books. When was pretty much 37 dollars.

So I ended up realizing that just even a pound will cost you an arm and a leg in shipping. And I think a handful of comics would cost a good amount of shipping even if it was four to five books.

I guess I'm going to have to cancel the sale and only sell comics within Toronto. The shipping prices were just too much and I was shocked.

And yeah I can just sell a smaller number of books at a time from now on. But wow what an Eye opener. Since I never shipped anything like a comic in the past.

Last edited by Skullgrin; 12-20-2014 at 12:23 AM.
Skullgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 11:11 AM   #2
chans formers
raff ow roud
Re: Trying to sell comics... and wow...

i'm still shocked that the bare minimum to ship any parcel no matter how small "within" canada is 13-15 bucks.......
Old 12-21-2014, 02:00 PM   #3
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2
Re: Trying to sell comics... and wow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
i'm still shocked that the bare minimum to ship any parcel no matter how small "within" canada is 13-15 bucks.......
I don't usually sell stuff, but had to return a toy to South Korea because of a problem and shipping was like $40-50, more expensive than the item itself.