Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #21
endLess
Beast Machine
Re: Avengers ASSEMBLE! The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Oh man episode 9 debuted today on Teletoon. "Living Legend"

I love this Cap, they splashed a lot of Ultimates Cap into this one. He is so dark and awesome.
"You've got that right, BUDDY!"

=P
endLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:11 AM   #22
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

OK, I just got caught up. While I don't know about 90% of the villains in this show, I agree with most everyone here; this show rocks!

I did spot Wolverine a couple episodes back. And they mentioned the MRD and the fact that Whirlwind is a mutant. So here's hoping we get some more mutants in the future. Wouldn't mind seeing Spidey either, but I don't expect it. Maybe a DB photographer Peter Parker cameo in the season finale.

I think they with the talky talky Hulk rather than the smashy smashy Hulk is because he's basically filling the same role Wolverine would have had he been on the team instead. They probably chose not to use Wolverine because, let's face it, everyone is sick of Wolverine. The guys got his own show, though it's now canceled. Shame. I did enjoy it.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:54 PM   #23
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
OK, I just got caught up. While I don't know about 90% of the villains in this show, I agree with most everyone here; this show rocks!

I did spot Wolverine a couple episodes back. And they mentioned the MRD and the fact that Whirlwind is a mutant. So here's hoping we get some more mutants in the future. Wouldn't mind seeing Spidey either, but I don't expect it. Maybe a DB photographer Peter Parker cameo in the season finale.

I think they with the talky talky Hulk rather than the smashy smashy Hulk is because he's basically filling the same role Wolverine would have had he been on the team instead. They probably chose not to use Wolverine because, let's face it, everyone is sick of Wolverine. The guys got his own show, though it's now canceled. Shame. I did enjoy it.
The truth is, they are actually following the character development within the team similar to the original 60s books. Hulk was more "talky talky", didn't see eye to eye with Thor and left when Cap showed up. So far, they are true to the originals.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:45 PM   #24
Protoman
The Legend
Cool Re: Avengers ASSEMBLE! The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes Talk

Episode 10 of this amazing show aired. We got tons of alternative character designs (One that made me gleee like a little girl). World War 2 Captain America's duds were donned for a bit in this episode along with his fame 1941 Cap Cycle. We got to see the Hulkbuster MK1 as well as a pre-ionic rayyed Simon Williams (Who would later become Wonder Man. The best part? In the end it all mirrored a lot of aspects of the early Avengers books from the 60s story perfectly....... this show......... THIS SHOW!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	avengers10.JPG
Views:	5539
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	8224  
Old 11-14-2010, 04:14 PM   #25
Autovolt 127
Animated

It's a good thing they weren't bluffing when they said Avengers would rival the storytelling and writing to the JL/JLU.

Also Black Panther's going to join the Avengers this week.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:19 PM   #26
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

I want toys of these characters bad. Cap Cycle would be so awesome!

My only problem with Captain America is that he's too wide. Seriously! Was the super soldier serum just super steroids or what? The guy looks like the Hulk cosplaying as Cap.

Also, I'm really loving Antman. Such a refreshingly different character. I'm connecting with him more than any other character at this point. Which is funny because going into this series, I thought he'd be the least interesting guy in the whole show. And I'm kind of disliking Iron Man right now, but in a good way. I hope he and Antman but heads some more.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:13 PM   #27
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
I want toys of these characters bad. Cap Cycle would be so awesome!

My only problem with Captain America is that he's too wide. Seriously! Was the super soldier serum just super steroids or what? The guy looks like the Hulk cosplaying as Cap.

Also, I'm really loving Antman. Such a refreshingly different character. I'm connecting with him more than any other character at this point. Which is funny because going into this series, I thought he'd be the least interesting guy in the whole show. And I'm kind of disliking Iron Man right now, but in a good way. I hope he and Antman but heads some more.
Cap has always been very upper body, it's more so due to this style they are focusing on that upper body, I still love the way he is voiced and handled thus far.

You are not the only one that is loving this Ant Man, the whole Marvel community is loving him. Hank Pym has had a very rocky career in comics books (both his 616 and Ultimates versions were both wife beating assholes), animation (The 1998 United They Stand cartoon where he was leader bombed and in the Ultimates cartoon he was a punked version of his comic counerpart), and in anything from toys or video games he just had too many short comings..... this is Hank's chance, I hope he does well.

Thor? What can I say, he is amazing in this.

and Tony? Well this episode didn't help him shine, but again, this is the 616 Tony Stark, and for those who read Civil War, he is one of those guys that tries is best to means well, but pride and wording always lead to him causing trouble.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:24 AM   #28
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Tony in Civil War seemed to have all these secret plans and hidden agendas and played everybody as if they were pieces on a chessboard. Kind of like Zero from Code Geass, or to put it in Transformers terms, BW Megatron if he was a good guy. I just get the feeling he's got something up his sleeve. Although I have to admit I've only read the regular Civil War and the one version from Spidey's perspective. So I'll have to read Iron Man's POV soon.

Where as Hank is a humanitarian first, a scientist second, and superhero third. When he appealed to Simon's good nature and nearly stopped him through words not fighting, that made the character for me. Hank is like the little angel on your shoulder. And if he's the angel, I'm thinking that makes Tony the devil.

Last edited by UltraPrimal; 11-15-2010 at 12:30 AM.
UltraPrimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:54 PM   #29
Autovolt 127
Animated

Quote:
Tony in Civil War seemed to have all these secret plans and hidden agendas and played everybody as if they were pieces on a chessboard. Kind of like Zero from Code Geass, or to put it in Transformers terms, BW Megatron if he was a good guy. I just get the feeling he's got something up his sleeve. Although I have to admit I've only read the regular Civil War and the one version from Spidey's perspective. So I'll have to read Iron Man's POV soon.

Where as Hank is a humanitarian first, a scientist second, and superhero third. When he appealed to Simon's good nature and nearly stopped him through words not fighting, that made the character for me. Hank is like the little angel on your shoulder. And if he's the angel, I'm thinking that makes Tony the devil.
I love the irony that Hank is depictated as a saint in the cartoon despite what his personality was like in the comics.

Again i understand you can't have him depictated as a wife abuser but still the idea is kinda funny or is a SG Hank Pym.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:54 AM   #30
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Just watched episode 11. Pretty good. Not as good as some of the previous episodes, but at least it kept the plot moving. The bit at the end makes me want to watch episode 12 right now!