Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
Autobot Strider
Machine War
No more G1 on Teletoon Retro?

My usual evening after putting my kid to bed is to enjoy an episode of G1 on Teletoon Retro on weeknights. Here in Winnipeg Mon-Thurs it would be on at 8:30 PM, and Friday at 9:30 PM. However, I sat down to engage in this routine the other day and saw...

"Classic Spiderman? WTF?"

So, I figured that they must have changed the time slot. Did a search, and nope, no G1 to be found. I even manually looked through all of the available listings, and Teletoon Retro looks to have removed G1 from its lineup alltogether.

Odd, considering that Prime and Megatron were inducted into the Teletoon Retro hall of fame....

I'm not super annoyed by this only because I have the series on DVD, so I can watch it that way easily enough. But I do wonder what is behind this change.

The only thing that I can think of is that if Hasbro is giving Netflix the rights to air all the TF cartoons (or at least G1, Beasties, and Prime) that they are taking the rights away from other channels/providers?

Could this also be why we haven't seen a single new episode of Prime air in Canada, while the US has already enjoyed 15 through the Hasbro-owned Hub?

WE DESERVE TRANSFORMERS CARTOONS TOO!

Now excuse me while I go console myself by setting up my Prime First Edition collection.
Autobot Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #2
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic
Re: No more G1 on Teletoon Retro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Strider View Post
So, I figured that they must have changed the time slot. Did a search, and nope, no G1 to be found. I even manually looked through all of the available listings, and Teletoon Retro looks to have removed G1 from its lineup alltogether.
I still see it listed weekly Friday nights at 10:30 and Saturdays at 2:00 am. So it looks like it's not on daily rotation any more, but it's still on.

Which, all things considered, is not bad. I wonder if this is due to Cartoon Network coming in and shaking up the listings. Teletoon Retro is now devoting some of its time to show previews of Cartoon Network shows. Who knows what will happen after Cartoon Network goes full blast in July.

While doing the search, I notice that Prime is now showing One Shall Fall and One Shall Rise in the next couple of weeks. So, are they getting ready for Season 2?
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Well, at least they still have Power Rangers, and combined with Disney XD (which has Gargoyles, X-Men, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, etc) & Nick which has shit like Rugrats & Angey Beavers... I think we'll be alright.

They might even have Ahh Real Monsters too, which to be honest, I'd much rather watch on TV than G1 because that shit's on youtube and kinda already nailed into my noggin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #4
sikkbones
Banned

So netflix Canada might get these soon?
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #5
Autobot Strider
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagagalvatron View Post
I still see it listed weekly Friday nights at 10:30 and Saturdays at 2:00 am. So it looks like it's not on daily rotation any more, but it's still on.

Which, all things considered, is not bad. I wonder if this is due to Cartoon Network coming in and shaking up the listings. Teletoon Retro is now devoting some of its time to show previews of Cartoon Network shows. Who knows what will happen after Cartoon Network goes full blast in July.

While doing the search, I notice that Prime is now showing One Shall Fall and One Shall Rise in the next couple of weeks. So, are they getting ready for Season 2?
Hmm... I searched pretty thoroughly and couldn't find it at all... I'll take a look at those times you mentioned.

I hope they start airing Season 2. I've been watching them over my computer but I'm a bit obsessed. None of my friends are up to date so it's annoying because I can't talk about it without ruining it for them!

As for my netflix comment... I just heard that G1 and Prime were coming there, but I can't remember where I heard that. For that matter, I had no idea that Netflix US and Canada were any different, so that shows how much I know about it right there.
Autobot Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:16 AM   #6
LBD "Nytetrayn"
Generation 1

Quote:

Waitasec... this is the first I've heard of Cartoon Network in Canada. What's going on there?
LBD "Nytetrayn" is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:48 AM   #7
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

I saw a commercial for that last week, so my guess is that it'll either be a segment on Teletoon or even a brand new channel all together. Past that, I have no ideas, as I'm kinda too lazy to look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #8
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic

They've been advertising Cartoon Network for awhile now. It appears to be a new channel -- I was afraid it was going to replace one of the Teletoons, but I don't think that's the case (though it's not exactly clear).

Right now, the Teletoons are spending some of their broadcast time on Cartoon Network shows as a kind of preview. This may be why Transformers was bumped.

Cartoon Network goes completely live on July 4. Here's the wiki page.
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #9
bomoth
Generation 1

doesnt matter all the episodes are on youtube anyways
bomoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #10
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Quote:
They've been advertising Cartoon Network for awhile now. It appears to be a new channel -- I was afraid it was going to replace one of the Teletoons, but I don't think that's the case (though it's not exactly clear).

Right now, the Teletoons are spending some of their broadcast time on Cartoon Network shows as a kind of preview. This may be why Transformers was bumped.

Cartoon Network goes completely live on July 4. Here's the wiki page.
Actually it's replacing one of the channels TeleToon had discussed with CRTC way back in the mid-2000s.Now that they and Turner had negotiated,it will be an all new specialty channel that will complete the American (Owned by Corus) trinity:Nickelodeon,Disney XD,and now Cartoon Network.

As for the G1 Episodes becoming less apparent in Retro,I may have to get back to you on this to see if I can get any answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote