Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #1
Autobot Strider
Machine War
Odds of TF Prime Prowl / Barricade Toys

So, given that they are actually making Prime figures of charactes that may or may not (likely not) ever feature in the show, what do you guys think are the odds that we'll ever see a Prime incarnation of Prowl or Barricade in toy form, given that they've already been designed for the TF MMO? Prowl has long been one of my favorites, if not my favorite Autobot, and the chance to have a Prime line-up of G1 names like this:

- Optimus Prime
- Ironhide
- Ratchet
- Cliffjumper
- Bumblebee
- Prowl

That are all unique molds and represent my favorite toys from when I was a kid is just too much!

Right now Prowl is the only figure missing... should I hold out hope or am I doomed to be disappointed?

Yer thoughts please!
Autobot Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Odds of TF Prime Prowl / Barricade Toys

No one here is going to give any solid answer as to whether or not these characters will be made. This is a question for Hasbro, not a message board, and even if they were developing one, you wouldn't know about it till they announced it or it gets leaked onto the net from a stolen factory figure/computer listing. No point in giving false hope when all you need is patience.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #3
shockwing
Please, call me Bringer

I dont mind having non-show character toys, I'm digging the design of their figures, very animated with a touch of movie details.
We got Ironhide that looks very G1, I will say a 76% chance of a Prowl being made, the Prowl from Animated was popular I'm pretty sure they might be thinking of a way for him to apear in the show or as a toy.

I got the idea of whatever extra Autobot characters they make that dont get screen time will be an extra/sub Autobot team.
shockwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
Autobot Strider
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
No one here is going to give any solid answer as to whether or not these characters will be made. This is a question for Hasbro, not a message board, and even if they were developing one, you wouldn't know about it till they announced it or it gets leaked onto the net from a stolen factory figure/computer listing. No point in giving false hope when all you need is patience.
That's cool, I wasn't expecting any solid answers - just people's opinions. If I thought the combined intellectual might of this board could accurately predict the future, I'd be asking for lotto numbers and not about future TF releases!
Autobot Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

You know, I don't think I'd mind if they released Prowl and Jazz. Even if they were PRiD Revealer Bumblebee repaints with new heads.

We've all seen how different (and better) Hot Shot looks, so why not?
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:59 AM   #6
Oreobuilder
Cybertron

Prowl is one of my favorites (if not my favorite bot), so I'd love to see him in Prime form. This is from Botcon (last year?).

http://www.seibertron.com/images/toy...owl_botcon.jpg

OB
Oreobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #7
Hellboy
Alternator

If I had to guess I'd say Hasbro is in need of a solid cash grab. If the current state of the Star Wars and GI Joe toy lines is any indication of retail confidence they really need to keep the TF brand moving.
Transformers Prime and Fall of Cybertron are worth way more than the Movie line if you ask me.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #8
lars573
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreobuilder View Post
Prowl is one of my favorites (if not my favorite bot), so I'd love to see him in Prime form. This is from Botcon (last year?).

http://www.seibertron.com/images/toy...owl_botcon.jpg

OB
I think you'll find that's an art sample from the MMO.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #9
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Maybe after Bulkhead dies, but who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:45 PM   #10
TFSoldier
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Strider View Post
That's cool, I wasn't expecting any solid answers - just people's opinions. If I thought the combined intellectual might of this board could accurately predict the future, I'd be asking for lotto numbers and not about future TF releases!

I think they started off w/ a smaller roster KNOWING they could keep it simple and add to the show as they please.
There are guys and gals at Hasbro who are fans just like us.. A LOT of love and hard work has gone into bringing this show to life and I believe they are keeping their ears to the streets, paying attention to the fandom and our hopes, wants and expectations for the evo of TF Prime.
Starting with a smaller roster leaves for more creative possibilities...
Now I'm not sure about Prowl or Barricade... I think its safe to say we'll see the team grow with some old time favorites.
I'd like to see more of Soundwave and Laserbeak, I would also LOVE to see SHOCKWAVE done PRIME style!