Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 09-16-2022, 03:22 PM   #1
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Legacy Blitzwing Review

Transformers Legacy Blitzwing has given me the most mixed emotions I have ever had about any Transformer ever. It's not good but it is also not bad. Quite a mixed bag. Yes, I can recommend it, at least in part, but it is nowhere close to full Leader value, yet much more than Voyager. See for yourself!

https://youtu.be/atIJBhm2caA
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 06:27 PM   #2
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Legacy Blitzwing Review

I could live with most of the shit bits if he wasn't leader. Or if like astrotrain the extra pieces were cool. Stupid fists.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 10:22 PM   #3
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Yeah looks really bad.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 11:46 PM   #4
Skorpulator
Armada

Spectacular POS.
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 04:10 PM   #5
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

All of you above are right lol.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 04:38 PM   #6
AlanG
Generation 1

I love his robot mode except for the finicky piece closing his calves (never tab in without stressing plastic). Tank/Jet are meh. The fists are beyond pointless but a marginal step up from Shitting wheelie and/or Daniel.
AlanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 05:07 PM   #7
BlackZarak
Robot in Disguise
BlackZarak's Ebay Auctions

I don’t get all of the hate for this guy. His alt modes aren’t really worse than the G1 versions. His tank has the cockpit sticking out like the G1 version, and his jet has a tank on the underside, just like the G1 version. The designers are trying to be as slavish to the original design as possible, for good or bad. And the Robot mode is great. My biggest beef is the worthless gauntlets to justify leader cost. In that sense, Astrotrain was the better value for the price point. Although that was criticized at the time also.
BlackZarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 05:42 PM   #8
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZarak View Post
I don?t get all of the hate for this guy. His alt modes aren?t really worse than the G1 versions. His tank has the cockpit sticking out like the G1 version, and his jet has a tank on the underside, just like the G1 version. The designers are trying to be as slavish to the original design as possible, for good or bad. And the Robot mode is great. My biggest beef is the worthless gauntlets to justify leader cost. In that sense, Astrotrain was the better value for the price point. Although that was criticized at the time also.
I think people like GotBot have explained quite thoroughly the problems. Now, if you like it, awesome! If you are happy with the price you paid, ok! But "I don't get all of the hate" when folks are quite clear on why.

Tank has cockpit sticking out --- sure, but the G1 didn't have it sticking out SO far. It's silly. There is clearly room for it to compress further. It doesn't have to fully hide, but it's ludicrously extended.

Jet has a tank on the underside? G1, actually, only had the turret on the underside (which could be removed). This literally has half a tank hanging underneath. That's what ANIMATED Blitzwing did and it was fine, becuase he was meant to be silly. But that was a 20 dollar toy. Titans Return Blitzwing is far from perfect, but it compressed the jet mode better. Thrilling 30 has a major design flaw, and it did it better. If the goal here was slavishness, they failed.

Ultimately it's at a leader class price point and doesn't come close to justifying it. If it was a voyager, fine. I have a lot of time for the restrictions forced upon the designers by numbers people, but this is a major miss. At *least* Astrotrain came with an addition to his train mode and four cool guns.

Seems like we just can't get a truly excellent generations Blitzwing.

Old 09-19-2022, 05:54 PM   #9
RansakWORK
Beast Machine

I have to admit i really like this figure too but I only ever really care about robot modes. I transform figures maybe once or twice these days (found this to go down drastically the bigger my collection got) and the rest of the time they act basically like statues.

So as long as the robot mode is good i can overlook the rest because ill never see it again.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 06:05 PM   #10
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansakWORK View Post
I have to admit i really like this figure too but I only ever really care about robot modes. I transform figures maybe once or twice these days (found this to go down drastically the bigger my collection got) and the rest of the time they act basically like statues.

So as long as the robot mode is good i can overlook the rest because ill never see it again.
It's a good robot mode. Maybe if it clearances for 39 like starscream lol

i'd rather get TR or track down LG.....