Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-23-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
Endersrun
Generation 2
Montreal (mini) Comic Con Dec 6, 2009

So it looks like the Montreal Comic Con in September was a hit, and we are now getting or next fix on December 6th. It's only one day, but it starting to look quite promising.

For now, media guests include Richard Hatch (Appollo on 70's BSG; Tom Zarek on reboot BSG), Kane Hodder (Jason on Friday the 13th) and legendary Lloyd Kaufman (from Troma films...remember Toxic Avenger).

More info here:
http://www.montrealcomiccon.com

What's nice to note is that they have been taking advice from the fans and starting to include other genres (like Horror, Anime, Gaming, Wrestling, Fantasy and Sc-Fi) which go often hand in hand with Comics and help in expanding the fan base.

Also, Montreal is very different from other North American cities due to its duality (French/English), and its good to see the comic convention community open up and start including some Euro-style Bandes Dessines. Seems Planete BD will be getting a special spot. This definitely opens up the market. Let's just hope they use the opportunity and start some hype around it.

It relatively still small, but I believe given some time and support that this can be a unique convention. Montreal is the book capital of North America, so they should maybe look into incorportaing that, with pointed effort to genre fiction.

Also, this city's conventions, need to support each other and cross promote within each others conventions. We have Toycon, that usually has some presence through Toys on Fire, but there is also MonSFFA that can participate and maybe have a workshop or assist in Q&A.

One last, important, question. Will Protoman be ther selling his wares...?
Endersrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #2
Protoman
The Legend
Re: Montreal (mini) Comic Con Dec 6, 2009

Hahaha, I will be there as a dealer, but since Les (who helps organize the show) asks a bit of a steep price for tables, I won't be 100% in full force of Transformers like I was at Toycon a week or so back (thanks for all those who came by the way and chatted it up/took TFcon flyers/bought toys).

Anyhow, you will see some TFs, but it will be me promoting TFcon more and hanging out with my other dealer buddies at the 80s toy table. Be sure to come by and say "Yo Proto!"
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:23 AM   #3
Endersrun
Generation 2

Cool Beans. I'll make sure I get in early so I can help you unload some nice TFs.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:21 AM   #4
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

We had Ritchard Hatch in Manitoba in 2007. He's an awesome guest, great panel/presentation guy.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #5
Endersrun
Generation 2

Just about one month to go!!!

They just added a costume contest for this one too.

Whiney note: They just added themselves on Facebook.... They originally were there as a person, and had 1500+ friends, but then they were gone and then appears the other entry as an entity... Do they invite all 1500 friends to become fans???? No! Dude, they just wasted so much marketing potential!!!!