Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 11:36 AM   #181
devilsknight
Banned
Re: Universe and Animated Voyagers on Clearance at Wal-mart

To the people who keep complaining about the Animated Voyagers not on sale...

You do realize it's a sale right...and in most parts of the country it starts on friday !

I think Quebec started on Wednesday and why they weren't on sale it's weird...it's in the Walmart flyer.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:41 AM   #182
Uberman
Energon

This is barely related to anything, and I would probably look smarter keeping it to myself, but I didn't wanna start a new thread for something so dumb. But yeah, for people lamenting the lack of a ladder on Inferno [I know the toy had one originally BUT], he's modeled after a pumper, not a larger-sized fire engine [despite the rather odd presence of 6 wheels], and as such shouldn't have a ladder. Although he also shouldn't have a strange water cannon, but still. [I don't know why I feel so compelled to state this, but it might have something to do with seeing a truck that looked identical to the toy this morning, and, lo, it lacked a ladder. No one's already, you know, pointed this out already, did they?]

Anyway, that's all! Carry on.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:39 PM   #183
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega_Zarak View Post
Animated are not on sale at my local WalMart, only Universe Voyager. After a long discussion with the toy manager and the store manager I was able to get Shockwave for 10$, it wasn't a easy task. The weirdest thing is that they told me that they are going to receive animated stuff in Universe packaging. Therefore those are the ones at 10$ not the regular voyager ones. Could this be true?
I would be *stunned* to see TFA Voyagers show up in Universe packaging. We've never had even a hint of such a thing (no leaked photos, no rumours, no ebay auctions, nada).

For TFA what's happening with the price scanning is simply, as devilsnight and others point out, that the Wally computers won't show "$10" for TFA Voyagers until 12:00am Friday morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberman View Post
This is barely related to anything, and I would probably look smarter keeping it to myself, but I didn't wanna start a new thread for something so dumb. But yeah, for people lamenting the lack of a ladder on Inferno [I know the toy had one originally BUT], he's modeled after a pumper, not a larger-sized fire engine [despite the rather odd presence of 6 wheels], and as such shouldn't have a ladder. Although he also shouldn't have a strange water cannon, but still. [I don't know why I feel so compelled to state this, but it might have something to do with seeing a truck that looked identical to the toy this morning, and, lo, it lacked a ladder. No one's already, you know, pointed this out already, did they?]

Anyway, that's all! Carry on.
Hey, I appreciate the info! I like tying my TFs back to the real world where possible. Thanks!
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Old 09-23-2009, 02:02 PM   #184
Rogue_Optimus
Armada

They would do price adjustments right? I picked up a TFA voyager fig, considering I couldn't find it at zellers. Figure I'll go in next week and get the difference.

Has it occured to anyone that the TFA's that will be unloaded this friday maybe Atomic Lugnut and Wreckgar? Considering how sudden the Infernos/VP popped up, it could be a possibility.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:05 PM   #185
Animelee
lives in Carbombya.

^ I'm sure a lot of us are hoping that.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:15 PM   #186
Uberman
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue_Optimus View Post
They would do price adjustments right? I picked up a TFA voyager fig, considering I couldn't find it at zellers. Figure I'll go in next week and get the difference.

Has it occured to anyone that the TFA's that will be unloaded this friday maybe Atomic Lugnut and Wreckgar? Considering how sudden the Infernos/VP popped up, it could be a possibility.
I may finally cave and buy a Lugnut [I think I prefer the Atomic one], and certainly get a Wreckgar for that price. We shall see.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #187
Animelee
lives in Carbombya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberman View Post
I may finally cave and buy a Lugnut [I think I prefer the Atomic one], and certainly get a Wreckgar for that price. We shall see.
I would advise you to buy both! Lugnut is such an amazing toy, I don't know why he warms shelves so.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:41 PM   #188
Rogue_Optimus
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animelee View Post
I would advise you to buy both! Lugnut is such an amazing toy, I don't know why he warms shelves so.
I just picked one up and I'm surprised with him. Like him way more than I thought
Old 09-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #189
Endersrun
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animelee View Post
As a toy by itself: He is awesome.

He warms shelves cause when compared in a set he's smaller than Megatron, Starscream and even Lockedown. But in the cartoon he towers over them. (he does look good fighting my Voyager Bulkhead though).

Last edited by Endersrun; 09-23-2009 at 03:56 PM. Reason: typo oops
Old 09-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #190
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Lugnut's toy rules! I'd pick up a Cybertron Megs at 10 bucks. Definitely keep eyes open for greywave and atomic lugnut, but I have the other versions of the mold so no fuss.
Closed Thread

Tags
sale, universe