Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-27-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions
Crazydevy Devastator Addons Worth it?

Greetings all,

After adding the Munitioner and Explorer to Bruticus and having the Superion upgrade I find myself really wanting a better articulated Devastator.

I own a complete set of G2 Constructicons but I lack all of the weapons and accessories to make Devastator.

I was curious if anyone owned any or all of the CrazyDevy addons and could comment on their build quality. I am also curious to know how many of the original Devastator parts are necessary to complete a complete set of CrazyDevy addons (The head, arms, hands and legs).

Thanks very much,

Tekkaman

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:24 AM   #2
Pascal
Banned
Re: Crazydevy Devastator Addons Worth it?

Get the first 4 kits and forget about the last one (the one that allows rotation at the torso + purple barrel), it's useless.

Excellent quality and fit. The fingers sometimes pop off but they're easy to put back on. That's the price to pay for über articulation I guess.

You need the individual Constructicons, the head piece (you'll eventually replace the head), the chest shield, the rectangular waist piece and the hip guns (attached to the original waist connector).
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:39 AM   #3
killmister
Back to TF after 25 years

I received the entire set last week. It is composed of 5 packs: head (CDMW-01), thighs (CDMW-02), torso plate + few addons (CDMW-09), forearms (CDMW-08), hands + gun (CDMW-05).

IMHO, this set really gives a great look to that vintage combiner for sure. It gives me that strange impression of having the vintage toy transported to 21th century.

But, to be honest, the overall quality is sometimes not that great, especially if you compare it to Fans Project products. Head is awesome, but paint on forearms attachment is really suffuring after just putting it once for example (not a big deal, because it will be invisible - inside the articulation). Fingers also tend to pop off, depending on the way you place them (seems like their is not enough place for all fingers to stand parallel, with a "C" shape join). Nothing horrible, if you don't give your Devy to kids

In the end, I'm happy to have this set of addons, but I won't buy any other stuff from them, because of the high price of individual sets and global lack of quality on some parts.

If you intend to use them for pure display, and can affort them, go!
killmister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:48 AM   #4
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

if your devastator set isnt all minty and stuff aka lots of loose joints and what not, will this set work?
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:54 AM   #5
Pascal
Banned

Global lack of quality? All the parts are super sturdy (if anything, the plastic feels sturdier than the one used on Munitioner and Explorer), paint apps are top notch, the plastic quality is great . Your only really valid complaint is about the fingers.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:45 AM   #6
killmister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Global lack of quality? All the parts are super sturdy
I agree with you. As I said, I'm really happy to have those sets, only complaining about that not really annoying fingers thing and few paint apps going off internal articulation in the elbow (showing red plastic behind black paint).

The "global" lack of quality is an overall impression I have compared to the price tag and other products from FP for example. Maybe I was a little too much mischoosing my words for "lack of quality"

In the end, we both recommend this set
Old 09-27-2010, 11:14 AM   #7
Pascal
Banned

Are you using the new shoulder connector? And how bad is the gap in the torso with the rotating plate? It seems the few people who have it always picture it from the top, it's hard to see.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:34 AM   #8
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

for over 100, not really worth it imo, a set with the same amount of parts eg, superion set went for less than half of that. i would just wait and pay more for tfclub´s devastator lol

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #9
killmister

Quote:
Are you using the new shoulder connector?
No, I don't use it, because I think the result is ugly. It's just a simple connector extender (of about 1.5-2 cm) with a 45 degres angle. Useless IMHO, except if you want Devy's gun pointing 45 degres to the left.

Quote:
And how bad is the gap in the torso with the rotating plate?
If I remember correctly (just got a few time to test everything before going back on diapers stuff :P), I would say about 1cm higher. Wings on the torso hide the rotating plate. It gives a good aspect ratio along with the thighs.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #10
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
for over 100, not really worth it imo, a set with the same amount of parts eg, superion set went for less than half of that. i would just wait and pay more for tfclub´s devastator lol

this makes more sense.