Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-27-2010, 05:45 PM   #1
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag
Metroid: Other M

Is anyone else excited for this?

Finally, a review:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/111/1111849p1.html
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:49 PM   #2
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag
Re: Metroid: Other M

Another review:
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/m...opslot;thumb;1
Old 08-27-2010, 06:06 PM   #3
endLess
Beast Machine

I actually got to play the game back on the 12th of this month at a private Nintendo party here in Vancouver. The first impressions I got were good, it definitely felt like another solid Nintendo game, polished to perfection.

Transition between FPV and holding the Wii remote in the "classic style" felt seamless, and it's a transition that's utilized a lot throughout the entire game. The Nintendo officials that were there kept talking to me and the other attendees about the control scheme and how nothing has ever been done like this before in gaming, so they're clearly trying to market that the most.
endLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:29 PM   #4
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Galvatron View Post
Is anyone else excited for this?
Yes!
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:19 PM   #5
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Excited, but also not holding super high hopes either. While it's nice to see the third person perspective brought back, I'm a little puzzled by the general focus and game structure that is being pushed here. The loss of a fully explorably 3D environment, the lack of using the Nunchuck for movement, the focus of cutscenes (though it's nice to see that Nintendo actually knows what a cutscene is) all seem kinda sketchy to me.

Still, I've got my fingers crossed for a great game. There is absolutely no reason why the Wii shouldn't be able to bring us some of the most creative and intense video gaming to date, though it always seems to fall just short of what it's capable of delivering. Hopefully, "Other M" (truly hate the name, but won't hold that against it, 'Skyward Sword' sounds even worse but WTH, it'll probably still be great) can bring up the standard of Wii gaming.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:48 PM   #6
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

I'm most skeptical about the auto aim feature that is mentioned in all the reviews. The last thing I want is to buy a game that plays itself.

But, Nintendo-branded games never seem to disappoint. And thus far every Metroid I have played has been exceptional. So I will put my faith in that when I walk in the store to buy this one.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:02 PM   #7
Network
Machine War

I just bought this today, but waiting for my dad to get off the ps2. I took a quick scan through the preorder art folio and it looks really nice. I still have yet to finish the prime trilogy... Ah well.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:29 PM   #8
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Network View Post
I just bought this today, but waiting for my dad to get off the ps2. I took a quick scan through the preorder art folio and it looks really nice. I still have yet to finish the prime trilogy... Ah well.
Ha ha, nice. I picked it up today too, and managed to get the (very nice) art folio despite not having a pre-order. What can I say, I'm a charmer.

I haven't played it yet though. My deal to myself was to get a bulk of work stuff done today first. So, probably around dinner time with be Other M time for me.

Yeah try to finish the Prime Trilogy some day because all three are great experiences.

I've been re-playing Prime a bit last week in preparation for Other M. I also went through Super Metroid recently and a good chunk of Fusion. LOL, Metroid mania. It will probably be a long while before I fire up my PS3 again...

The only Metroid games I haven't played are Hunters (which is supposed to be awful), Metroid Pinball, and Metroid II. I kind of want to try Metroid II, but the original GameBoy visuals are just too much for me to handle. Unfortunately I think there's a point where certain games just become too old to play.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:54 PM   #9
Network
Machine War

Metroid II was actually my first ever metroid game. Unfortunately I never finished it either, due to the battery being fried. Any slight movement would cause the game to reset T_T to be truthful the ONLY Metroid game I did finish thus far was the first prime on the wii (via the special collectors set)

Normally I am a stickler for continuity, and won't play a sequel game untill I finish the first, but the whole of the metroid series is completely out of order anyway. Plus what I miss in story I can read up on on the net
Old 09-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #10
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Yeah this game is righteous.