Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-12-2014, 04:07 PM   #11
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one
Re: MP-05 Megatron re-issue

I really didn't care for how he looked, super skinny legs. I sold mine in favour of hegemon and I will be glad when they dona remake for the new mp scale.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:49 PM   #12
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post
I'm just waiting for him to be re-issued in proper scale. That orange plug though...is that thing actually glued in there? There must be some way to get it out without messing up the figure too much.
I've ordered one, it is glued into the end and cannot be removed without destroying the barrel. Order one from TFSource for an extra $20 without the orange plug.

From bigbadtoystore.com:

Quote:
Due to United States Toy / Imitation Gun Laws, it is illegal for any business or individual to import the MP-05 Megatron because it does not have a blaze orange safety tip on the end of barrel. A copy of this law is listed at the end of this description. In order for BBTS to legally import this item, Megatron must be modified. A blaze orange safety tip will be added to the end of barrel. This orange tip will be a custom made plastic plug that is attached to the end of the barrel. The tip will add between 1/4 and 1/2 inch in length to the end of the barrel and will not hinder the transformation between gun and robot.

Without this orange tip modification, US Customs may seize any incoming shipments for this item that they discover because it does not comply with US Laws, so we are providing a legal and risk-free solution to that problem.

This modification requires that all boxes will be opened, and the contents removed for modification. The factory tape seal will be cut, and some internal plastic packaging may be modified or cut. We realize these modifications will slightly change the appearance of the toy, but we also realize that giving you a legal way to own this toy is much better than not owning it at all, or running the risk of US Customs seizing the item.

This is an aftermarket modification that does not involve Takara whatsoever; we initiated this modification to bring you an importable collectible. We will work to provide the highest quality plug addition that we can, but because this is not part of the original manufacturing process, it will not be perfect. This modification is done at no expense to you, we are paying all costs associated with this and passing nothing on to you other than the ultimate legal Megatron collectible.

Now the fun stuff: Megatron should stand at around 12" tall - equal in size to his nemesis, Masterpiece Optimus Prime. In order to get such a hefty robot, this is going to be one huge gun! Megatron will be a Walther P-38, as he should be, and will be the defining action figure version of Megatron that we've always wanted.

Please Note: The Australian Government & Australian Customs may seize this item, please order with caution if you live in Australia.

Below is the actual law in regards to imitation toys, please remember that the BBTS solution to this problem is the only legal way in the USA for you to obtain this amazing item.

§ 1150.2 Prohibitions. No person shall manufacture, enter into commerce, ship, transport, or receive any toy, look-alike, or imitation firearm (‘‘device’’) covered by this part as set forth in § 1150.1 of this part unless such device contains, or has affixed to it, one of the markings set forth in § 1150.3 of this part.

§ 1150.3 Approved markings. The following markings are approved by the Secretary of Commerce: (a) A blaze orange (Federal Standard 595a, February, 1987, color number 12199, issued by the General Services Administration) or orange color brighter than that specified by the federal standard color number, solid plug permanently affixed to the muzzle end of the barrel as an integral part of the entire device and recessed no more than 6 millimeters from the muzzle end of the barrel.

(b) A blaze orange (Federal Standard 595a, February, 1987, color number 12199, issued by the General Services Administration) or orange color brighter than that specified by the Federal Standard color number, marking permanently affixed to the exterior surface of the barrel, covering the circumference of the barrel from the muzzle end for a depth of at least 6 millimeters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post
I know the gun laws in the States are restrictive, but does anybody know about toy firearm laws specifically for Canada?

He will come through customs as a toy robot, not in gun form. And unless the agent opens the box, looks at the photos...if it even GETS opened at the border, I don't think they'd seize it.

What do you guys think?
I've ordered 2, no problems with customs. One had the plug, one didn't.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:54 PM   #13
joshimus
Metroplex

I got mine without the plug ages ago, first release. Don't see a need for a second. He looks great with the Justi Toys silencer but as jjwankenobi said, that's about all that's great about this figure. Don't regret getting him, mind you, but certainly not a "must have" if you aren't a Megatron fan.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:38 AM   #14
Hhai
Beasty

Mine had the orange tip, dipping the barrel in boiling water for 2 minutes was enough to melt the glue. Doesn't change the fact that MP-5 is one of the worst figures I ever bought and is now broken in two different places even though I only transformed him twice. The Megatron gun that came with MP Soundwave is a better MP representation of Megatron than MP-05.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:25 AM   #15
Markusmaxmus
Beasty
Markusmaxmus's Ebay Auctions

Agree Hhai, It is a 7 year old mold the engineering on it is high when they tried to maintain the scale of the gun mode then transform it to robot mode without any extra parts. I have it to complete my MP line. But MP 1 - 5 are IMO the first run. after that it all averages out in scale from MP-6 to now.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:33 AM   #16
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

Its the biggest POS ever made. And i love and have all of the mp's in multiples for most.

I have the addon kit and had it on him and on display for a short time before he was returned to his box and thrown into storage never to be seen again. He is that ugly and looks that out of place.

Save your money.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 12:11 PM   #17
Evan
Nexus Maximus

I have the original release without the orange plug. I like the figure on it's own, but to me, he looks out of place standing next to other MPs, even the earlier ones. His alt mode feels bulky too. It's not a terrible figure, but they could probably do better. If you want a G1 Megatron, I think he's great. If you want a Megatron to stand beside your other MPs to complete your Decepticon team, I'd probably pass.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:30 PM   #18
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Save some money until a v2 comes out and get this to fill the void. Save on space too

MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 12:44 PM   #19
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

It sucks as a toy but look good on display.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:14 PM   #20
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

I like the toy. Don't love it, but it's not so bad if you're familiar with the steps and really take your time with it. But with that said, don't pay top dollar for it.