Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #51
Autobot Hound
Tracking Cons since 87'
Re: Thrill of the Hunt or Relief of a Sure Thing.

I usually hunt for new TF's for a week or 2. Then i just give up and go online. Either way is fulfilling to me. A successful hunt feels just as good a package in the mail. Although getting the package in the mail does have the "christmas all over again" feeling that i looooove!!!
Also lately a lot of the TF's i want just arent sold in retail.
Autobot Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:57 PM   #52
Rietzey
Awesomer

I enjoy the hunt, but inevitably get irritated when I go around and find nothing. It actually got to a point where I was skipping university classes to hit up the nearby stores. Mind you, I still managed a pretty solid GPA. It's definitely worth it when you finally find that figure you've been looking for. I've also cut back on the hunting a lot, given that I can't get away with skipping work to do so and I work Saturdays, so my life's been a bit simpler in that regard.

If it's something like an exclusive that I want, I make sure I find a way to get it, even if it means paying a slightly inflated price...except for Universe Skyfall, haven't had much luck on that front yet.
Rietzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #53
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

I've been enjoying the 'precision' of the hunt, that is using resources like the Cybertron.ca sightings board, our local newsgroup, and even 'patterns' at local stores to walk in and grab what I need every time.

Most times this works...when it doesn't, it can be a little wasteful but luckily Walmart is 'on the way home' so what's 10 minutes now and then?

Once in a while I want the sure thing and just order online. Again, sometimes this is perfect for me but other times I should have been patient (Roddy and Ironhide is an example where I ordered from RobotKingdom but should have just waited)

Oh well, you win most you loose a few...

---Echo
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:15 PM   #54
Protoman
The Legend

I get it all in the end anyhow.......... it's more a matter of I want it NOW or later.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:38 PM   #55
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Borderline. I like it when the exclusives hit at Wal-Mart, because there is a fair to decent chance that the Wal-Marts near me might actually get them, but I hate TRU exclusives, since the closest TRU is 45 minutes away. No car = slim to no chance of getting me an Animated Arcee or Rodimus.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:00 PM   #56
Pascal
Banned

I tested the T.O.T.H. with the Power Core Combiners 2-packs and it was pretty exciting to find them at retail.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:36 PM   #57
onecoin
Banned

I enjoy hunting, but only for sure things.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #58
TFtoys
Animated

It is fun to search and find the retail exclusive, but if people get too many packages for whatever reasons, I will get very nervous and panic.

But if for those 3rd party Exclusive like Fanproject or Japanese items, those will make me more panic to collect the money first in order to secure my order.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #59
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

The MP Grimlock hunt SUCKED. I hated those couple weeks between the first sightings in Toronto and getting one at my TRU because it was so stressful knowing that once he showed up there would be *maybe* a 5-6 hour chance to get one before it was wiped out, with no confirmation that there will be a restock.

That hunt sucked, but so did the thought of paying double to make it a sure thing.

Thank goodness for the awesome folks on this board. The community here really came through for a lot of us with MP Grimmy!
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:15 AM   #60
Camaroman2
Better than a Masterpiece

Was the first sighting not in B.C.?