Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-18-2011, 05:03 PM   #11
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions
Re: Gonna get a gun...am I crazy?

Personally, I'll stick with the Nerf variety. Different people have different collections and hobbies. Though I would suggest that you remove the trigger AND firing pin, and not have any ammunition in the house. On top of that, store it in a case with a lock on it, and a trigger lock on the gun. Store the firing pin and the trigger in a different locked box.

I may be paranoid, but for this sort of thing I'd rather people err on the side of caution.

It might take you longer to get the gun ready for when you go to the range, but the added safety will be worth it.

Still, at this point the riskiest times will be after reassembly and before disassembly going to and from the range. All it takes is a little bit of carelessness right at those times and the worst can happen.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:39 AM   #12
Slayback
Animated

on a personal note -i've always wanted the old style cock-em winchester rifles. That being said i also know the ridiculous notion of holding on to such gun in case of the zombie apocalypse is a little far-fetched. I'm more of a martial arts type guy. I prefer beating up on the younger guys -plus it lets me maintain a quiet dignity as i get older.

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:56 AM   #13
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

A childhood friend of mine lost his left hand when his cousin accidentally fired an M16 at him. They were both 5 and 7 at the time. Bullets and guns were kept separate and had lock and keys as well. That didn't stop them from finding both.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:57 AM   #14
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

The thought of guns is cool. The reality of them, I'm not too sure. I had an unloaded gun pointed at me before. Even unloaded, not a pleasant experience knowing the potential it held. Your reasons of protection are understandable, but to be honest, I don't think the lower mainland is the place where you need one. You can take all the percautions in the world, but there's always that nightmarish chance that something can go wrong. That's what you bring into your home with a gun, a one in a trillion chance of something terrible. It's like the lottery. The chances are astronomical, but someone always wins eventually. Personally, I wouldn't want to be that winner.

Check out this video. It's kind of funny, but it illustrates my point that accidents can happen to anybody. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeGD7r6s-zU
Old 11-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #15
Commandoclone87
Seeker

I always wanted a replica (non-firing) shotgun just so that if somone broke in, I could scare the shit out of em. Would also work if I ever have a teenage daughter.
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:45 PM   #16
CyberMnky
Animated

I love firing a gun. And I have both unrestricted (rifles) and restricted (handguns) Firearms PAL.
While I would love to own a gun one day, I wouldn't keep it at home.
My problem is that eventually people get lax about just about everything. Today you leave the firing pin in one spot, the trigger in another etc... it takes 3 hours to get ready to go to the range and it's all groovy.
2 years from now you come home from the range, put the ammo away and think "well, I wanna go to the range next weekend so there's not much point in taking it all apart..."

I'm not trying to be rude, but that is human nature in my observation. The only way I would leave a gun at home, and even then I'm not sure I would, is if you have no ammo, or clip, whatsoever in the house. And even then I honestly don't think I would...

But to answer your original question, no you are not crazy. Just do the thinking ahead of time.

If you are reading this then you must be bored...

CyberMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #17
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Get a sword instead.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:16 PM   #18
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Galvatron View Post
Get a sword instead.
Pistol Sword?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pistol_sword

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:31 PM   #19
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post
Ok, that wins my no-prize for coolest thing of the day. I think that was the next item on the chain of items that Bruce Willis was following and picking up near the end of Pulp Fiction. But he stopped short with the just the sword. Would have been so cool to see him go Medieval on the gimp with that sucker. :P
Old 11-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #20
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Get a Silver gun and name it Megatron.