Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-20-2010, 09:54 PM   #81
kakit
Machine War
Re: Overall Exerperience at TFCON...

Bring back DJW and David Kaye plus the rest of the Animated crew =)

Bad Seller: X-Warlock
kakit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:58 PM   #82
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

It was a great show Protoman, I couldn't think of anything that was really wrong with it...aside from my small problem with the first Night-bird that I got but the staff replaced it when I brought it to their attention. I really enjoyed the people that I have been chatting with for years on this great site. If I can get the time next year I would like to volunteer my help for the con. Again, great job to all the staff and special guests involved with the con.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:05 AM   #83
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
It was a great show Protoman, I couldn't think of anything that was really wrong with it...aside from my small problem with the first Night-bird that I got but the staff replaced it when I brought it to their attention. I really enjoyed the people that I have been chatting with for years on this great site. If I can get the time next year I would like to volunteer my help for the con. Again, great job to all the staff and special guests involved with the con.

Well, my only two greipes with the convention was the fact that they ran out of the T-shirt size I asked for(XXL, I'm a big guy, so it's better to be safe then sorry when it comes to shirt sizes...), and the fact that I didn't get a lanyard despite that I pre-reged.

I got my money back for the whole T-Shirt thing, so that was more cash in my pocket for the dealer room. Just sad that I couldn't get the laynard, it makes for a good keepsake from the con and I like having a collection of them..
Old 07-21-2010, 01:47 AM   #84
chans formers
raff ow roud
Re: Overall Experience at TFCON...

awesome event this year!!
it was nice to finally meet alot of board regulars this year too(i'm lookin atcha pascal)
seen so many old friends and made so many new friends too!
just when you think the fun was ending.....something else started up!
the comraderie between people and members makes it all worth it....oh yeah,and the toys too

the highlights for me would be the afterhours parties......them's were some loooong nights.

the low lights would be the women/significant others all banding together and going on witchhunts
(but props to them,they also sacrificed alot for the sick kids project too,just in different ways)

the most memorable moments though would have to be drinking at the bar with mark ryan ,along with watching protoman singing in japanese!!!!!he was actually pretty damn good!!(or by that point we all had a few too many)
Old 07-21-2010, 08:18 AM   #85
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Filipino View Post
As a point of reference, I was the tall Asian guy wearing the yellow, Bumblebee sneakers.
My daughter and I saw you. She pointed out the "bumblebee shoes" to me. Pretty awesome!

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:03 AM   #86
Phalanx
Generation 2

This was, uhhh, year 5 for attending TFcon. The show was lots of fun, as usual, and as far as I can tell, the biggest yet.

If I had any type of complaint it would be that there was too much to do (definitely not a bad complaint). We had to choose which panels and events to duck out on just to get food. It was not an easy decision...

Anyway, thanks again to all the staff and volunteers that make this happen. I'm definitely looking forward to next year's show.
Phalanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:48 PM   #87
Zodberg
Machine War
Send a message via AIM to Zodberg

Thoughts
Friday set-up was good. Just playing the winner of the video contest and not playing _my_ medicore video? Botcon played all the entries.
Thanks to Stormrave , Ultraprimal, Phalanx for the cake and pizza. They provided it, right? I am so terrible with names.

The drawing class was.... well I can already draw Transformers so instead of paying attention to what Ninjatron was saying, I took advantage of how still he was sitting and drew a picture of him.
http://zodberg.deviantart.com/art/Ho...mers-172166768

Saturday my table was soooooooo much better than last year. Color prints = good! I have to practice my quick-sketches more, though. Jim Felker had the table beside me which is a VERY GOOD contact for me to make. I meant to start off by drawing Nightbird, but was too charged to focus for that, so instead she just sat on my container of unwanted pogs and drew more attention than any of my drawings.
And I got to see the blonde kid from the table beside me last year. Illith came by and advance paid me for a drawing of "Tentacle Ratchet". I drew Boxitron and took the drawing home to color.
But I'm really kicking myself for not keeping track of how many prints I sold.

Once the dealer room closed, I waited in the lobby a bit with some dudes and used the crayons to color a spare Bulkhead drawing copy into the colors of the Sick Kids charity auction Inferno.

I'll put this photo up on facebook later so anybody who wants can tag it.

Any staff member or volunteer who would like a copy of my TFcon print (free, of course), send me a message over the forums or say hi to me at Fanexpo. I have a lot left over and I don't see myself selling them next year.
http://zodberg.deviantart.com/#/d2uigdk

I finished the day with Faction Feud. Now I've whined about the trivia contest every year I've been to TFcon because I am a big fat loser. Next year me and Nytetrayn are gonna bring it. ROTF Megatron wore his hat.

Sunday I helped my mom drop my aunt off at the airport and had to wait around a bit so I bought the issue of Entertainment Weekly with Green Lantern on the cover.

Ninjatron and JLvatron's panel about the preview comic was... hampered by technical difficulties. I kinda wish I used that time to prowl the dealer room then instead of during Mary Ryan's panel which was much MUCH more fun than I expected it to be. I asked him if he ever had to sing and he made a baby cry.

David Kaye and Eric Bauza's panel was fun again. I grabbed David Kaye's signature on my Prime drawing and my TFcon print.

While buying a signature from Mark (I think $20 is a little outrageous but I made this print up so I pretty much gotta go for it) I told him that his life sounds like it would be great in book form and as it happens his autobiography is due 2012-ish.

Ninjatron helped me find an combiner limb to buy. Now I have a set and I shall call it Varius Maximus

Mike made me :getout: of the dealer room as it closed so I went to the organizers panel which honestly felt like it should have been longer because I want to know more about the process of putting on the convention. Then one of the staff (Sean? Shawn? I'm terrible.) helped me get home by clarifying that the Doubletree is actually not in Mistysauga.

Afterwards I went back to the dealer room to pick up a Hasbro box. Before leaving, Protoman gave me another copy of the comic at good discount and explained to me what a Vangelus was.
Then I wandered home and it's certainly fun to ride the bus in Mississauga wearing something that says "Dealer pass" while carrying a box.

Last edited by Zodberg; 07-21-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Zodberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:09 PM   #88
Ninjatron
Overlord of all Ninjas

This year was totally awesome. It's so great to see many newcomers to the show who have had a great time.

I think that what the staff and volunteers have accomplished this year is even more impressive when one considers that there is no new movie this year and there hasn't been a new episode of Transformers on TV in ages.

I want to thank everyone who spoke to me and offered their support regarding the prelude comic. It was 3 solid weeks of non-stop work, all while still having to keep my teaching commitments. I went at it full steam ahead. My wrist hurt, my back hurt, and I was burned out, but it was all worthwhile when we all saw David Kaye read the whole thing in front of everyone and the audience went "AWWWWWWW!" for that funny Grimlock I drew. What a moment! And I especially want to thank everyone who bought a print!

Already looking forward to next year and I'm certainly game to contribute to the show again.

Sayonara.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:07 PM   #89
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Thanks to you, Ninjatron!

Not just for the great & tireless work on th ePrelude Comic, but also for teaching us How to draw Transformers heads and all your insight to the comic design & easter eggs.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:05 PM   #90
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

I'm gonna have to agree with everyone else. This years TFCon was the best yet, despite a few "hiccups". The cake was a big hit, I met some awesome new people, got a few grails knocked off my list, and it was just overall good times all around.