Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-13-2020, 03:55 PM   #2321
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

If anyone gets an extra Ironhide/Prowl once they actually ship please let me know as my order was cancelled.
Thanks.
Old 11-13-2020, 04:00 PM   #2322
patteng
Generation 2

My second attempt left Halton Hell yesterday, but no updates since. It’s supposed to be here by 8pm today and I 100% doubt it will. I’m gonna assume that I will get one of those “oops we couldn’t deliver the package today, but should be here by next week” message. So I’ll probably be requesting my second refund next week.

I’m probably gonna cancel my prowl/ironhide and conehead packs as well. No point in even hoping I’d get that set seeing that it’s even more in demand than the medic sets.
patteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 04:34 PM   #2323
TriBlurr
Robot in Disguise

Medic set was out for delivery today with Purolator. Though it's 5pm and no sign of them yet.
TriBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 04:36 PM   #2324
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingVEE View Post
Thanks for that! I went hunting on Amazon.com

Did you choose to ship into Canada?

The shipping and import fees are "omfg" on the Dominus 2-pack:
- $39.99 + $29.04 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to Canada Details

Is it widely known that choosing (and paying $5) for "Gift Wrap" means Amazon.com will ship it in ways other than slapping the shipping decal right on the item box and actually ship it inside another shipping box?
I did ship to Canada. The fees are not great but worth it to me for certain items that may not get adequate distribution here. Really wishing I had ordered Prowl & Ironhide from the US.

I've never needed to choose gift wrap. They've always shipped my items in a box, sometimes with air bags, including my Medic set. But it seems different Amazon centers handle things differently and out it Ontario is a whole different story... I personally wouldn't bother doing the gift option from the US, but if it gives you extra peace of mind, go for it.

Update for folks wondering about Intelcom tracking: I've got Runamuck on the way from Amazon.ca via Intelcom and his tracking is also not in their system. Supposedly going to be delivered tomorrow. They haven't failed me yet, but there's always a first time. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by kirbenvost; 11-13-2020 at 05:21 PM.
kirbenvost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 05:11 PM   #2325
RocketGTR
Animated

My medic 2 pack attempt #2 has shipped so we'll see how it goes. Fingers crossed
Old 11-13-2020, 05:14 PM   #2326
The Nemesis
Alternator

I have yet to receive any info from Intelcom since I contacted them yesterday, but since I'm not specifically dealing with the Generations sets like most others, I did something else as a sort of 'test case'

While I wait for the fate of my Snapdragon order (and keep in mind this order isn't just the transformer. there's a book in the box as well. So Transformer-specific theft seems unlikely unless someone is either opening packages to find out what's in them or is accessing amazon shipping manifests to figure out what's in various boxes) I ordered another combo pack of a christmas gift for someone (a pendant) and a Transformer for me (ER Arcee).

As of now it has yet to ship and has a preliminary arrival target of next week Thursday. We'll see how it ships and what happens over the course of the next week, especially if it gets listed as shipping via Intelcom.

This is all very odd as in my years of buying stuff from Amazon I've only ever had 1 package be lost entirely and have to be replaced. This includes buying a ton of Transformers from the Prime Wars Trilogy lines through to WFC line stuff and Generations or exclusive releases (PotP Nemesis Prime, the WFC Siege Skywarp pack, Generations Greenlight, etc) and never once having any of them lost or stolen as far as I know.

It does make me think that this is probably less explicit and directed theft and more likely some sort of mass incompetence with the Halton Hills depot or with Intelcom. Like terrible handling practices in a depot meaning lots of things getting misplaced or lost as they get unloaded or loaded for transport.

It always seems to be a safe policy to never attribute to malice what you can otherwise explain as stupidity. I'll bet there are tons of people out there experiencing similar issues to us with non-Transformers packages going missing and not being delivered. It's just that we're all here for Transformers, so of course all our stories are going to revolve around orders featuring those.

EDIT: Since someone brought up items not being shipped in a box and simply having an Amazon shipping label affixed to the product box, I'll say this: I've only ever had that happen once: My CW Devastator set came with the Amazon label on the box. Everything else has shipped in an amazon box or mailer, or even sometimes in a Hasbro packing box with that inside an Amazon box (PoTP Nemesis Prime and the Siege Skywarp set both came in boxes emblazoned with a Hasbro logo and a product code/name (like "TRA GEN Nemesis Prime") on the outside, then the proper actual figure box inside that.) This includes other massive figures like PotP Predaking or TR Fort Max. Your mileage may vary but it seems like getting a figure sent unpackaged is a rarity.

Last edited by The Nemesis; 11-13-2020 at 05:19 PM.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 05:21 PM   #2327
cr3d1t
Beast Machine

I poked customer service about any information about my Ironhide/Prowl and the conehead two packs being constantly delayed. They told me they were out of stock, which I told them was odd since I preordered but whatever. They apologized and gave me 20$ credit for my next purchase. So, worst case, poke them about it and you might be a rebate.
Old 11-13-2020, 06:22 PM   #2328
The Nemesis
Alternator

I went ahead and contacted amazon customer service about the botched tracking # and was told then that it's because my package was lost before it entered the system. So no Snapdragon arriving for me. They canceled and refunded the order and I'll just have to order a fresh one.

We'll see what happens when my package with Arcee ships.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 07:13 PM   #2329
LostPrime
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr3d1t View Post
I poked customer service about any information about my Ironhide/Prowl and the conehead two packs being constantly delayed. They told me they were out of stock, which I told them was odd since I preordered but whatever. They apologized and gave me 20$ credit for my next purchase. So, worst case, poke them about it and you might be a rebate.
How do you quote them? My Dirge Ramjet order was cancelled and my Ironhide and Prowl obviously still constantly delayed and my Lifeline/Ratchet kit MIA 2x still no credits over the phone
LostPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 07:16 PM   #2330
GrimlockGT
His car is a Transformer

I got my medic 2 pack delivered today from Intelcom Express
GrimlockGT is offline   Reply With Quote